(shouting)

collaboration extravaganza

Have anything to suggest? A crazy video idea? New merchandise in mind? Write it down here - I'm not saying I'm going to listen, but I promise to pretend very hard.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

collaboration extravaganza

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

We should have a link to the main collaboration extravaganza just like the subforums have.

Also, we should change the description of the Collab to something briefer and less A2MT(and now Jump) specific.
S.N.N.

Re: collaboration extravaganza

Post by S.N.N. »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:Also, we should change the description of the Collab to something briefer and less A2MT(and now Jump) specific.
I'm actually confused as to why certian collab forums aren't nuked yet. ASMT64 or whatever the shit it is never went anywhere at all and it was just made during the whole "let's make a collab of everything even though only like 2 people are interested" spree. Same with AZCT, honestly.
alex2 wrote:A2MT is the only collab that matters.
Maybe in 2010 it did, but nobody except you and maybe Franky care about it anymore and everyone has moved on to A2SMBXT (and this time I'm not just being sarcastic for the sake of bashing A2MT - you and I both know that everyone essentially lost interest and moved to the SMBX engine for some farfetched reason).
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

AZCT is going all right. If anything, JUMP is the one that's been hit harder with the downtime. But that's trying to recover too.

But I don't know why we need a link "to the main collaboration extravaganza". Why not just click on the forum in the index?
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Yeah I'm not involved with any of these projects, so I don't know what's going on with any of them except for A2MT. If stuff has just stopped I probably would just get rid of it.
I ought to actually check those subforums.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote:We should have a link to the main collaboration extravaganza just like the subforums have.
I am confused as to what you're asking here.
ano0maly wrote:But I don't know why we need a link "to the main collaboration extravaganza". Why not just click on the forum in the index?
I'm pretty much on the same page as Anomaly here and I'm not sure if that's the right page or not. A link where?
S.N.N. wrote: I'm actually confused as to why certian collab forums aren't nuked yet.
Something like this would only happen when a mod is made aware of the happenstance of the project dying. I don't keep too close of an eye on collaborations and I don't think Limepie does as well.

Also there's just the natural occurrence of making SURE the project is well and truly dead so we don't trip anybody up.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

ano0maly wrote:But I don't know why we need a link "to the main collaboration extravaganza". Why not just click on the forum in the index?
1. People don't seem to do that.
2. There's no identification that the main forum has been posted in.

Also, I said the description should be briefer and nobody talked about that. Right now, it quite long and not very to the point.

As for the everyone who is important being a hacker, most of the people who actually work on something don't qualify for that description. Most of them are level designers in either AZCT or A2MBXT, or they are artists.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Septentrion Pleiades wrote: 2. There's no identification that the main forum has been posted in.
There is, actually. If you have all of the subforums blue as well as the collaboration forum, the forum will light up red when the main forum is posted in.
Septentrion Pleiades wrote: Also, I said the description should be briefer and nobody talked about that. Right now, it quite long and not very to the point.
This isn't going to happen (By my hand at least) and doesn't need to. The description is fine as it stands.
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

Bwarch wrote:
Septentrion Pleiades wrote: 2. There's no identification that the main forum has been posted in.
There is, actually. If you have all of the subforums blue as well as the collaboration forum, the forum will light up red when the main forum is posted in.
Which it's great when you read every post in every sub forum.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

Sub.png
Sub.png (3.69 KiB) Viewed 3713 times
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

Bwarch wrote:
Sub.png
yes I know about that. I'm just saying the going into every subforum(which there isn't any incentive otherwise) isn't an effeicent way to get notified of a post. Consider how often people actually miss these posts, it's time to realize that there is a design flaw.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

I disagree but I'll humor you for a sec, what would your alternative be?
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned

Bwarch wrote:I disagree but I'll humor you for a sec, what would your alternative be?
Make the main have page-fold icon near where the subforums have theirs.

Hahaha, that was so hilarious.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

He's saying make it a subforum as well and have no posts in the main forum. I honestly don't think doing that would be half bad. It's certainly true that I sometimes miss posts in the main forum. It makes it harder for a new project to gain attention.
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend

Post by Bwarch »

I had honestly forgotten about the page fold icons.

I have never, ever used them to actually go to the page haha.

But sure, if it makes it easier for peeps to see the notification then I see no problem with it. Unless anybody brings up any objections we'll probably roll it out over the next couple days.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

S.N.N. wrote:Same with AZCT, honestly.
AZCT's slowed down a bunch recently but:
a) It's still moving faster than A2MT seems to be (at least from an outsider's perspective)
b) It's about 80-90% done, as opposed to the <10% (or even <5%) done that ASMT64 is

And if A2MT can have years and years of stalled non-progress, surely you can humour AZCT having a few months of it.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

limepie20 wrote:He's saying make it a subforum as well and have no posts in the main forum. I honestly don't think doing that would be half bad. It's certainly true that I sometimes miss posts in the main forum. It makes it harder for a new project to gain attention.
Do we really need the main forum? Maybe introductory threads like Mugencow will get more attention they are in general discussion forums like cartridge or suggestions. People don't really visit collaboration section for general talk but rather for focusing on their work.
alex2 wrote:
Bwarch wrote:Unless anybody brings up any objections we'll probably roll it out over the next couple days.
I object.
Overruled
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Yeah that's what I was thinking of.