(shouting)

Skypehaus Thread

Aposke
Banned

Skypehaus Thread

Post by Aposke »

Hi!
Welcome to this poor ripoff of the IRC thread, except it's about Skype!
Since early 2010, the Talkhaus has had a lesser known Skype spinoff, called, well, Skypehaus, where people chat with each other and occasionally join in group calls.
Over the years we've seen a lot of new people come and leave, but in general, things have kind of died down lately - perhaps because it was the same with the Talkhaus in general!
However, now that we've got this new influx of members, I'd like to invite you all to join our group on Skype. Simply send me a PM with your Skype name and I'll add you straight away (within 24 hours at least)!

Some famous members of the Skypehaus include:

- Sheps
- RikunFrances
- Kashkabald
- CondorTalon
- raocow (technically)

For more info, see the Talkhaus wiki.

Thank you for your time, and we hope to see you soon!
Last edited by Aposke 10 years ago, edited 4 times in total.
freelop

Re: Internet Skype Skype Call Chat

Post by freelop »

2 slow waring
Dan

Post by Dan »

I'm member of skypehaus and I am posting in thread hello
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

That was quick, Argue, thanks.
<3
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

alex2 wrote:
Aposke wrote:- raocow (technically)
To the people who join hoping to talk to raocow: he doesn't talk there at all. Ever.
Why would a king fraternize with his subjects? He can issue decrees from here on the forums.
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Cirno

Post by Cirno »

Clearly that's why he was able to use Skype to chat with AoD frequently and play Guild Wars back in the day.
maket000
:)

Post by maket000 »

Oh, it's the skypehaus!
Fun!

Maybe it would be an idea to start a new group for it, seeing as the current one is still unmoderated.
Happy Halloween!
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I might join this but I'm never on Skype so whatever.
Dan

Post by Dan »

maket000 wrote:Oh, it's the skypehaus!
Fun!

Maybe it would be an idea to start a new group for it, seeing as the current one is still unmoderated.
sounds like stupid armerican's idea
LunarNeedle
The Golden Spork
First name: Matthew

Post by LunarNeedle »

I'm skype and what is this? I'd love to join. Although having skype in skype would cause world destruction due to paradox...

I'm in!

SkypeName: twili_imp
"All these flavors and you choose to be salty"
- Grandma
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

maket000 wrote:Oh, it's the skypehaus!
Fun!

I'd actually support this idea and I'd like to talk about it with all the Skypehaus people soon. I've already gotten 5 requests since I opened this thread yesterday, and since Skype groups can only be 24 people at most, it'd be a good time now to weed out the inactive accounts.

That said, how about we have a little "strategic meeting" on Tuesday night, 5PM EST? We can talk about moving the Skypehaus and such. It's a really big step, so I want to discuss it with as many members as possible first before we decide anything.
LunarNeedle
The Golden Spork
First name: Matthew

Post by LunarNeedle »

Aposke wrote: I'd actually support this idea and I'd like to talk about it with all the Skypehaus people soon. I've already gotten 5 requests since I opened this thread yesterday, and since Skype groups can only be 24 people at most, it'd be a good time now to weed out the inactive accounts.

That said, how about we have a little "strategic meeting" on Tuesday night, 5PM EST? We can talk about moving the Skypehaus and such. It's a really big step, so I want to discuss it with as many members as possible first before we decide anything.
Honestly, I've been using Raidcall for awhile and it seems to do a lot better then skype in almost all aspects, other then the fact it isn't skype. Unlimited room sizes, voice blasting music instead of voice, free rooms, moderation.

Albeit, I'd prefer skype if room size isn't a titantic issue.
"All these flavors and you choose to be salty"
- Grandma
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

LunarNeedle wrote:
Aposke wrote: I'd actually support this idea and I'd like to talk about it with all the Skypehaus people soon. I've already gotten 5 requests since I opened this thread yesterday, and since Skype groups can only be 24 people at most, it'd be a good time now to weed out the inactive accounts.

Honestly, I've been using Raidcall for awhile and it seems to do a lot better then skype in almost all aspects, other then the fact it isn't skype. Unlimited room sizes, voice blasting music instead of voice, free rooms, moderation.
And the fact that it only runs on Windows, but details.
Room size isn't that much of an issue yet, and we can always just have two group chats, one for calling (max. 24 people) and one for just chatting. And everything else that works on Raidcall seems to work on Skype too, so eh.
BTYM

Re: Skypehaus plenary meeting 14.05. at 5PM EST!

Post by BTYM »

Why doesn't one of you set up a TS3/Mumble server instead
ImageImage
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

BTYM wrote:Why doesn't one of you set up a TS3/Mumble server instead
We considered that before, but most people didn't want to move to Mumble/TeamSpeak. I guess I can bring it up again tomorrow, but I don't expect it to be a very popular option.
maket000
:)

Post by maket000 »

Mumble costs money to host, not much and not sure if the same applies to team speak.
Happy Halloween!
Validon98
Echoing Birdsong
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Validon98 »

I guess I'll request too (although my ability to be on a lot is limited, but eh).
Skype Name: validon98
Because Touhou OCs can in fact exist, sounds fake I know.

I can't change my username but I go by Vali/Claire now (aka call me Vali or Claire at your leisure ^^).

I never update this currently playing section anymore, it's probably an RPG or something.

Strawberry Bose Partial Translations and Patches!
Dan

Post by Dan »

~~~!!!~~~!!!~~IMPORTANT MEETING UNDERWAY FUTURE OF PLANET DEPENDS ON IT~~!!!~~~!!!~~~

e: aposke is a fascist
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

i can run mumble for you if you want but I don't plan on using or getting involved in it
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Okay, so after about 15 minutes of discussion throughout the userbase, we came to a conclusion:
The Skypehaus is now technically two groups:

Chathaus
Is the place where all newbies will get first. There's +24 people here, so no calls are possible. Everyone who's in the Skypehaus is in this group and can chat together at their heart's content. This is the perfect place for you if you don't have a microphone or just want to talk.
-Unmoderated-

Skypehaus
This is the place we'll try to keep under 24 people at all times. Those who want to talk are in here. Since the Skypehaus is space-restricted, only people who actually participate in group calls are allowed here. We have a constant staff of 5-6 moderators, but otherwise, people can cycle in and out as they want, depending on if they want to join a call or not.
-Moderated-

That is all, thank you.
Dan

Post by Dan »

Hello I am new here I apply to join skype name warren.taylor44
BTYM

Post by BTYM »

What's the point of chathaus just come hang out in IRC if you want to type
ImageImage
Dan

Post by Dan »

that's what I said and then I got banned by fascist mods
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Oh by the way, I'm willing to join the voice chat group thing.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Ashanmaril wrote:Oh by the way, I'm willing to join the voice chat group thing.
Well if you'd accept the invite I sent you, I could add you to the group~
BTYM wrote:What's the point of chathaus just come hang out in IRC if you want to type
The point is there's a different community, and some people just find it easier to use Skype than IRC (I'm one of these people as well). We do different things, and each channel has its right of existence, otherwise it wouldn't be around anymore after >3 years.
Wareng wrote:that's what I said and then I got banned by fascist mods
See, this is why I hate you. You're a filthy liar. You got kicked because you wanted to open the new group by yourself, and you are absolutely not trustable as a mod, and even less so as a group creator. If you love the IRC and hate the Skypehaus as much as you say you do, you shouldn't mope about being kicked and rather be happy, eh?