(shouting)

Forum Suggestions

Have anything to suggest? A crazy video idea? New merchandise in mind? Write it down here - I'm not saying I'm going to listen, but I promise to pretend very hard.
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Re: Forum Suggestions

Post by docopoper »

I find the topics constantly render.
Capture1.PNG
Capture1.PNG (121.56 KiB) Viewed 6703 times
As well as a disproportionately large area when people have animated avatars.
Capture2.PNG
Capture2.PNG (87.68 KiB) Viewed 6703 times
I'm not sure if you want to bother fixing it. I was looking at the SMBX forum (the only other website I can find that's using animations) and it seems that chrome does some weird thing where re-renders much larger sections of the screen than it needs to in some cases. I'm actually kind of confused why. I mean I get grouping things together, but this is just re-rendering irrelevant stuff.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

yeah it has no choice but to redraw animations every frame

don't worry about the overdraw - it's probably more efficient
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

Can you fucking remove whatever pressing the talkhaus logo is supposed to do, every time I press it my CPUs start screaming and my whole god dammed computer crashes.
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

darkychao wrote:Can you fucking remove whatever pressing the talkhaus logo is supposed to do, every time I press it my CPUs start screaming and my whole god dammed computer crashes.
have you tried not pressing it
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

RenaBeach wrote:
darkychao wrote:Can you fucking remove whatever pressing the talkhaus logo is supposed to do, every time I press it my CPUs start screaming and my whole god dammed computer crashes.
have you tried not pressing it
I've pressed it twice times out of habit to go to the home page, and several other times accidentally when trying to switch tabs.
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

block the image then
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
darkychao

Post by darkychao »

Leet wrote:block the image then
If I block the image the click region is still there, it's just invisible.
Leet

Post by Leet »

code a stylish thing that removes it?
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Leet wrote:code a stylish thing that removes it?
Which would be very easy too.

Code: Select all

#code { display:none; }
appears to get rid of it including the link.
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

We need a sub forum for only skeletons
That crazy voice dude
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

InsaneIntentions1 wrote:We need a sub forum for only skeletons
So you want posting rights in the graveyard?
InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

I do want to be the mod of the graveyard
That crazy voice dude
Zha Hong Lang
"HTMI - Hyper Text Markup Interface"
First name: ZHL
Pronouns: Male

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

For some reason, I can remember seeing RSS feed tags hanging around a couple of the pages on this forum. Now that I have an RSS reader, I'm a bit disappointed in the fact that I can't find any for whatever reason. I can't remember all the functions of phpbb since I was last admin, but is there a way to create RSS feeds (if they aren't already a feature) for topics and such? That'd be very useful for me personally, so I could explore things a bit faster than before.

I know that forum based topic subscriptions and bookmarking already exists, but that's not exactly the same thing as an RSS feed.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

Jayoshi wrote:For some reason, I can remember seeing RSS feed tags hanging around a couple of the pages on this forum. Now that I have an RSS reader, I'm a bit disappointed in the fact that I can't find any for whatever reason. I can't remember all the functions of phpbb since I was last admin, but is there a way to create RSS feeds (if they aren't already a feature) for topics and such? That'd be very useful for me personally, so I could explore things a bit faster than before.

I know that forum based topic subscriptions and bookmarking already exists, but that's not exactly the same thing as an RSS feed.
there's an atom feed for the whole forum
feed.php

we used to have smartfeed but i dont think it's been updated for phpbb 3.1 yet
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

RenaBeach wrote:there's an atom feed for the whole forum
feed.php

Thanks for telling me about that! I couldn't find it, for whatever reason. Anyways, I guess that it'll just be a while before we have smartfeed's abilities again.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

Jayoshi wrote:
RenaBeach wrote:there's an atom feed for the whole forum
feed.php

Thanks for telling me about that! I couldn't find it, for whatever reason. Anyways, I guess that it'll just be a while before we have smartfeed's abilities again.
i dont even know if it's being developed, but hopefully something replaces it eventually, since i used it myself quite a lot
Leet

Post by Leet »

delete the talkhaus
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

Leet wrote:delete the talkhaus
probably a good idea
Zha Hong Lang

Post by Zha Hong Lang »

while still on the subject of feeds, I actually found a really easy way to get feeds I didn't think about before: http://prntscr.com/65a440

When you click the "subscribe to this page" button, it automatically pulls up all the feeds that the page is tied to, even down to the specific topic. While I'm currently using just firefox, the same feature is likely on other browsers as well. Internet explorer doesn't seem to have that button after I looked around a bit, however.
(Formerly Jayoshi)
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

I was having some password problems earlier, and while I was working on solving them I noticed that while several places tell you to contact an administrator if you have trouble, there doesn't seem to actually be a way to find Rena's contact information (or even the fact that she is the admin) unless you are already logged in. Unless there was an obvious page somewhere that I was missing?
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

You can always contact her with irc

Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

There are a couple of weird things about these notification banners
1. The fact the x doesn't appear until you mouse over it might make you think you can't close it at all
2. Trying to close the banner on the board index page gives you an error, but anywhere else is fine
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

yoshicookiezeus wrote:I was having some password problems earlier, and while I was working on solving them I noticed that while several places tell you to contact an administrator if you have trouble, there doesn't seem to actually be a way to find Rena's contact information (or even the fact that she is the admin) unless you are already logged in. Unless there was an obvious page somewhere that I was missing?
You can always contact me or any admin on Steam or Skype or whatever too and we can change your password for you
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I think his point was more that if a new user ran into that error page and didn't understand the management of this forum they wouldn't know what to do.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

This is an important bug that needs fixed
Attachments
fix.png
fix.png (6.08 KiB) Viewed 7132 times
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw