(shouting)

MaFAB Relay Level(Closed.)

would you like to participate in some fun contests? would you like to create some fun contests? well ^_^

Pick a name yall~

Bloopsloonch Stage: Drangar Korquabeh Eepee War - Mah-rah-ooh (No Gluing Banal Ogre Birds)
14%
mah ba nal stage ooh rah no whut ing kor dran gar og sloonch re bloop war ee birds glu pee qua beh
2%
Ooh, Ogre Trainee War. What Be Saloon's Stage Babe? Mah General Quarry Boy Gluing No Bloop Birds.
48%
Mah Banal No Glue Peeing Bloop War Birds Core Quarry Stage O' Gary Dran. What Be Saloon's Ogre?
7%
Mah Banal No Glue Peeing Bloop War Birds Core Quarry Stage O' Gary Wutdransloonch Berahog
19%
restagenaleeog basloonchbloopgluooh rahnogarwhutmah birds war loring dranpeebehqua
10%

Total votes: 42

Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

MaFAB Relay Level(Closed.)

Post by Mabel »

"The truth is Touhou means East~"

Ok so here we go its time for a relay on top of a relay~!

Da Rules:
-Post here saying you want to join in, because signups in a single thread is that much easier
-the rules on the order are pretty much the same as the MaGL X2 Relay, you'll be moved around as you see fit.
-Each person can do either a small room containing a boss, or adding a phase to the current boss in question.
-when you end a boss, you must create an inbetween area(think of Megaman here) that contains a midpoint, a 1up, and a powerup before the next person creates a room with their boss
-You have 24 Hours to finish your boss/phase once acknowledging your turn.
-When someone finishes their section, they post a link to the updated level in this thread. Use Google Drive or Dropbox or something similar to upload it and post the link in this thread.(I use Puush and ShareX myself)
-The next person on the list will be notified, and if they don't respond within 24 hours they'll get bumped down the list.
-raocow gets dibs on the first screen after the initial boss that I'll make within the next 24 hours.
-no referencing your MaGL X2 or MaFAB contest entry in your part of the relay.
-Mother Brain...lets just say dont follow SMJ as an example of a good boss(Im reducing the hits to 3 anyway but still...)

Etiquette notes(same as the MaGL relay):
-Events and layers should be prefixed with your username to help things be organized-
If you write Lua code, custom functions or global variable names should be prefixed with your username. For event handler code, put your code in something with your username prefixed like "function Rednaxela_onLoop()" and then call it from "function onLoop()". Use local variables when you can to keep things clean.
-Don't hog too many custom blocks/npcs/etc. We should be using some, but keep in mind other people after you need to be able to use some too. Also feel free to use graphics swaps that have been made in screens before the one you make, as that could be a fun way to have some recurring threads in what will otherwise surely be a rather chaotic level! I may add per-section graphics to LunaDLL if we need to, but for now, it's use common sense and play it by ear, paying attention to what people have already used custom graphics for.
-We can start new sections in the level file, but remember we can't give everyone's screen it's own section. If you want to start a section, you probably can, but we do need to pay attention to not go through them too fast.
-The SMB axe is reserved to event triggering and will use an invisible sprite, as per Willhart's suggestion.
-If you start a moving layer that continues into other screens, those responsible for the screens it continues into adopt responsibility for what that moving layer is does once it enters their screen. Things such as make it disappear once the player enters the next screen, stop it's movement, keep using it, or whatever.
-In general it's probably okay to put things outside your screen into a previous screen's area, provided it's on a layer that stays hidden until a player is on your screen (i.e. starting a moving layer after the player's in your screen).
-Common sense applies.

Devkit:
Since this will be put into the MaGL X2 postgame, we obviously need to use something compatible with that. It's also known that will end up using LunaLua 0.6.1.1 or newer (probably newer). There are two options of what you can use:
  • If you already have the MaGL X2 devkit installed, you can keep using that if you make sure to update LunaLua to 0.6.1.1 first. You can download from http://engine.wohlnet.ru/LunaLua/
  • Alternatively, you can download a full install of SMBX 1.3.0.1 w/ LunaLua 0.6.1.1 from here. You'll probably also want the editor from here too.
We may decide to switch to a newer LunaLua version midway through this colab, at which point I'll update this section of this post.

Sign-up List:
1.Its-a me, Mabel~
2.FFR
3.Willhart
4.Holy
5.Dog In Da Grass
6.raocow
7.7NameSam
8.Zyglrox Odyssey
9.Dragon Fogel
10.Rednaxela
11.Maiku Wotaharu
12.GalaxyOfJ
13.Minnakht
14.No Lynch
15.FluffyMeatloaf
16.RenaTurnip
17.FrozenQuills
18.sedron
19.Weird Goonie
20.Mechdragon777
21.kingtwelvesixseven
22.Shinoda
23.Horikawa Otane(current turn)

Once things get moving, if anyone wants to talk to others about specifics that they're working on in a real-time format the #maglx2_relay channel on irc.rena.so is set up for that, but anything everyone needs to know should definitely stay on the forum. The forum thread is definitely the main place for this, not the IRC channel, it's just an auxiliary thing
Last edited by Mabel 8 years ago, edited 22 times in total.
Image Image
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Re: MaFAB Relay Level(More MaGL X2 postgame shenanigans)

Post by TaviTurnip »

Sign me up, but put me for "won't be available right away" AKA I want to commit to and finish my Lost Levels submission first. Feel free to tentatively put me near the end of the list or however is convenient, but I want in.

Are phases still one hit (or ten seconds if survival) per phase, as per raocow's wishes and general consensus? I am pretty sure we all kind of want to avoid the things SMJ did that sucked all the fun factor out of it.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I wanna be in but at turn, like... 5 or something. Like I want a feel for things a bit? I hope the fact that the first few phases won't be 'blind' in the lp matters too much but I wanna feel like I'm deep in something like you guys sometimes ;_;
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

raocow wrote:I wanna be in but at turn, like... 5 or something. Like I want a feel for things a bit? I hope the fact that the first few phases won't be 'blind' in the lp matters too much but I wanna feel like I'm deep in something like you guys sometimes ;_;
You can always start a fresh boss/room several bosses into it :o Set the entire pace for that section of the relay for others to build upon, rather than just being like "hey there everyone, I did this one five-second part of this one duder I already knew about months ago, oops there goes that phase haha Denmark video games" and that's all. It shouldn't be hard at all for you to find a place to be more deeply involved without spoiling a huge section of anything for yourself, but still being part of a collaborative effort.

If you wanna do it the way you said it and just spoil the first few phases for yourself to be a part of it instead, it certainly doesn't matter to me personally if it isn't blind and I hope most people would feel the same :P You should be allowed what you want, for sure.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

I'd like uhh idk turn 8? Really anywhere after the first five or so will do I'm just throwing out a number.
Dog In Da Grass
Woof!
First name: Dog
Pronouns: that dog

Post by Dog In Da Grass »

*hesitantly raises a paw* Bark! I'll do a thing!
:pal: Image :pal:

Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I can make the third (3rd) part of the first section, because it wont require much work.

Since sections will be mostly on top of each other, I may need to remove/change some of the blocks placed by previous contributors by using events. This means I'll probably need to assign them into a new layer.
Holy

Post by Holy »

I sign. Don't care where
FFR
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by FFR »

I'm in. I wanna be as early as possible, something like 3rd would do!
raocow wrote:I wanna feel like I'm deep in something like you guys sometimes ;_;
:oops:
Dog In Da Grass
Woof!
First name: Dog
Pronouns: that dog

Post by Dog In Da Grass »

raocow wrote:I wanna be in but at turn, like... 5 or something. Like I want a feel for things a bit? I hope the fact that the first few phases won't be 'blind' in the lp matters too much but I wanna feel like I'm deep in something like you guys sometimes ;_;
Maybe we both could change spots on the list if that's alright with everyone.
:pal: Image :pal:

Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Mabel wrote:33.RenaTurnip
This actually raises a point I hadn't considered, namely that at some point in the decision-making process I decided there'd definitely be exactly 11 participants and if there turn out to be way more than that I'd actually prefer to be like 3 or 4 away from the end if that's not an issue.
7NameSam
hey
Pronouns: they/them

Post by 7NameSam »

I'd like to sign up?!?!
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I was worried about this getting ludicrously out of hand, but if it's not made an announcement it should hopefully only be slightly out of hand.

Sign me up and toss me in anywhere.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

honestly if the relay boss remains around this size we can boost each person,s phase to be three hits and it would be fine for postgame.

I think it's fiting that the boss relay is smaller, but more intimate than the level relay one, like magl vs mafab
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
FFR

Post by FFR »

well, we have 8 peeps out of 31 who joined mafab, plus raocow and 7namesam. considering the amount of peeps in the maglx and in the maglx relay, I think we can already get this thing rolling whenever mabel is ready! some peeps will continue to join here and there and, since we're making bosses and the number of participants is smaller, maybe give a bit more time for each person to finish their part? which would give more time for more peeps to join. then again, what raocow said: depending on the amount of entrants, we could increase each one's participation quota, which means we should wait until everyone interested joins, then close the sign up, then decide that sort of thing. then again, this relay stuff is supposed to be more "plug and play" then "deep planning"... am I being paranoid at this point? anyway, I write all this because feedback is nice! I'm totally gonna review some maglx lost levels levels after I do mine! and y'all should do that too! [/projectplug]
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans
Pronouns: they/them
https://rednaxela.talkhaus.com

Post by Rednaxela »

I agree with the sentiment that the boss relay being smaller like MaFAB. On that note, I suppose I can make something for this too, as I'm already getting plenty involved in craziness and pretty sure I can add a unique touch.

(+1 to the maglx lost levels plug)
Maiku Wotaharu
Karaoke Enthusiast and Honorary Armless Bipedal Cycloptic Demon
First name: You'll figure it out.

Post by Maiku Wotaharu »

I'd like to have a crack at it...
The best part of waking up is...knowing where you are.

FINALLY, SOME MOSTS USERBARS!
GalaxyOfJ
The Mysterious Stranger Except Incompetent

Post by GalaxyOfJ »

I will take part in any position. I would say a position that is a square number, but I have expended my allotted unnecessary number gimmicks for this contest
Mabel
Just west of wierd

Post by Mabel »

the torch shall be passed in the morning when i get up and double check whatever. for now ill update the list
Image Image
Minnakht
Green eyed monster

Post by Minnakht »

Do I want to join this? It could be difficult, but... I joined the other relay, and made a MaFAB entry, and...

ah, to hell with it. Put me on the list. I want to be 13th, so that no one else has to be.

Let's have my name all over this contest thing.
FFR

Post by FFR »

....so I've been bumped to second now? NO PRESSURE and also I'll be free to work on this in exactly 8 hours
No Lynch
Pronouns: she

Post by No Lynch »

I'd like to be involved… But later on the list, so I can get a grip on how everything's working exactly before I go in blindly.
Mabel
Just west of wierd

Post by Mabel »

Are you ready?

well of course you are, lets get this show on the road!

http://puu.sh/h67Ak/16430d52dd.rar
Image Image
FFR

Post by FFR »

as I said, 8 hours! 8 really annoying hours having to deal with stupid people! I finally got home, and I am going to start working on this thing! raocow, prepare yourself! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
FFR

Post by FFR »

y'know what? nevermind, I can't be angry using smbx. I hope y'all don't mind what I did
Willhart wrote:.
here ya go https://www.sendspace.com/file/a5lj66