(shouting)

MaFAB Relay Level(Closed.)

would you like to participate in some fun contests? would you like to create some fun contests? well ^_^

Pick a name yall~

Bloopsloonch Stage: Drangar Korquabeh Eepee War - Mah-rah-ooh (No Gluing Banal Ogre Birds)
14%
mah ba nal stage ooh rah no whut ing kor dran gar og sloonch re bloop war ee birds glu pee qua beh
2%
Ooh, Ogre Trainee War. What Be Saloon's Stage Babe? Mah General Quarry Boy Gluing No Bloop Birds.
48%
Mah Banal No Glue Peeing Bloop War Birds Core Quarry Stage O' Gary Dran. What Be Saloon's Ogre?
7%
Mah Banal No Glue Peeing Bloop War Birds Core Quarry Stage O' Gary Wutdransloonch Berahog
19%
restagenaleeog basloonchbloopgluooh rahnogarwhutmah birds war loring dranpeebehqua
10%

Total votes: 42

RoundPiplup

Re: MaFAB Relay Level(3 quarters, one more and i have a dollar?)

Post by RoundPiplup »

I think it's too late for me to join(though I don't think that I have a good boss idea to come up with).
MECHDRAGON777
Up in the Tower floating above Gensokyo lies the true me in reverse.
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

Mabel wrote:You can upload using mediafire,mega,dropbox,puush, or shareX
www.sendspace.com/file/r3tt7j

My avartar

I am a SMBX player, and I do not know weather to stay at SuperMarioBrosx.org or at talkhaus.raocow.com honestly.

Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Okay, did a quick test (on god mode to rush through everything, mainly because the last few midpoints haven't been implemented yet.) It didn't really affect Mechdragon's section because getting hit knocked me into a wall I couldn't get out of anyways.

Personally I feel the section's a bit long for what it is, that may just be me though.

There were also a couple of minor issues; the custom song had been turned off in Section 1, and the lava tile Mechdragon replaced was used elsewhere. (In Section 10, specifically.) Fortunately, with Wohl's editor I was able to change all the tiles at once, so I've made a quick fix to those two issues.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/736 ... BRelay.zip

Oh, and speaking of graphic replacements affecting other sections, I didn't mention this when I tried the last version but I probably should have just to be sure.
RenaTurnip wrote:This is a ping.
It turns out that SMB1 Bowser and SMB3 Bowser share fireballs. Someone after you changed the fireball graphics and now your battle uses different ones. Do you mind the new ones? I think they look good in your battle, but it's your boss.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Okay, I tested Mechdragon's section by setting a start point there to simulate the midpoint. It took me only about five or so attempts to get through, so as long as there's a midpoint for that section it'll be fine. I still feel it could be a bit shorter but I don't think it's excessive.

Also, whoops, I messed up the ping in my last message, don't know if it still works after editing so I'll do it again.
RenaTurnip wrote:See above message.
So, we're just about done.
GalaxyOfJ wrote:Pinging you!
Horikawa's not getting to it until the weekend, so it shouldn't hold things up if we wait until Thursday for you. If you want to drop out for other reasons, of course, that's still okay. Just don't feel like you have to for the sake of time.
Minnakht wrote:Pinging you too.
Do you still want to go after GalaxyOfJ if he's still in, or would you rather take a turn now?
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

Dragon Fogel wrote:
RenaTurnip wrote:This is a ping.
It turns out that SMB1 Bowser and SMB3 Bowser share fireballs. Someone after you changed the fireball graphics and now your battle uses different ones. Do you mind the new ones? I think they look good in your battle, but it's your boss.
I haven't looked, but I don't mind in the slightest :P Fireballs are fireballs and as long as anyone thinks it looks okay, then it's okay.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

Dragon Fogel wrote:Okay, I tested Mechdragon's section by setting a start point there to simulate the midpoint. It took me only about five or so attempts to get through, so as long as there's a midpoint for that section it'll be fine. I still feel it could be a bit shorter but I don't think it's excessive.

Also, whoops, I messed up the ping in my last message, don't know if it still works after editing so I'll do it again.
RenaTurnip wrote:See above message.
So, we're just about done.
GalaxyOfJ wrote:Pinging you!
Horikawa's not getting to it until the weekend, so it shouldn't hold things up if we wait until Thursday for you. If you want to drop out for other reasons, of course, that's still okay. Just don't feel like you have to for the sake of time.
Minnakht wrote:Pinging you too.
Do you still want to go after GalaxyOfJ if he's still in, or would you rather take a turn now?
That is good to know, I only died when smbx froze for five seconds! When it lagged, excetera... I think I am in the clear!

My avartar

I am a SMBX player, and I do not know weather to stay at SuperMarioBrosx.org or at talkhaus.raocow.com honestly.

Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
kinda funny how, of all the sites listed, you picked a different one lmao
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

Ivy wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
kinda funny how, of all the sites listed, you picked a different one lmao
It is the only one that would load! That is why...

My avartar

MECHDRAGON777

Post by MECHDRAGON777 »

Horikawa Otane wrote:
MECHDRAGON777 wrote:
Ivy wrote: kinda funny how, of all the sites listed, you picked a different one lmao
It is the only one that would load! That is why...
Mechdragon has like zillions of viruses on his PC that force him to use a proxy that only loads certain web pages some of the time or something from my understanding.
No, I just have so many browser issues, I can not get on many sites... I normally ask bossedit8 or someone else to upload...

My avartar

GalaxyOfJ
The Mysterious Stranger Except Incompetent

Post by GalaxyOfJ »

I'll try to set aside some time today to get set up for making my boss. Assuming all goes well today I should be able to work on it tomorrow as predicted??
GalaxyOfJ
The Mysterious Stranger Except Incompetent

Post by GalaxyOfJ »

Aaaand done!

I am not luna enough to now how to use the extra midpoints, so I must leave that to more capable hands.

Also my arena uses axes to trigger, so in case it is ruled (or was ruled and I missed it) that they won't play nice with the midpoints then they can be changed to coins or something.

Other than that, everything is probably broken because I touched it, so let me know what all no longer works.
I was going to reskin my boss to be

Lemmy

and the projectiles to be

spinning Lemmys

but SMBX wasn't having any of that so vanilla I goooo
I guess that makes it...
Minnakht wrote:^ Your turn!
KingTwelveSixteen
? Title Title Title Title ?

Post by KingTwelveSixteen »

So I have basically been procrastinating as to whether or not I should enter this contest since it popped up, but then I looked at the sign-up list and realized that it's now or never.

So I choose NOW! :x

*Guitar riff plays*

Or you know. After the next guy goes and it's actually my turn.

...Must...resist...urge...to use only...default...Birdo!
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans
Pronouns: they/them
https://rednaxela.talkhaus.com

Post by Rednaxela »

GalaxyOfJ wrote:Also my arena uses axes to trigger, so in case it is ruled (or was ruled and I missed it) that they won't play nice with the midpoints then they can be changed to coins or something.
There are other bosses earlier where people used axes for non-midpoint-related triggers. It plays just fine with the midpoint trigger axes, no big deal.
Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Hoeloe »

Rednaxela wrote:
GalaxyOfJ wrote:Also my arena uses axes to trigger, so in case it is ruled (or was ruled and I missed it) that they won't play nice with the midpoints then they can be changed to coins or something.
There are other bosses earlier where people used axes for non-midpoint-related triggers. It plays just fine with the midpoint trigger axes, no big deal.
You may want to get rid of axe-based midpoints in favour of the new Lua-only ones. Not only will these be less awkward to implement, but don't require SMBX events or layers to function (or NPCs at all). I imagine saving on those would be useful for a collaborative level like this.
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans

Post by Rednaxela »

Hoeloe wrote:You may want to get rid of axe-based midpoints in favour of the new Lua-only ones. Not only will these be less awkward to implement, but don't require SMBX events or layers to function (or NPCs at all). I imagine saving on those would be useful for a collaborative level like this.
I've been thinking that would be good to do indeed yeah.

By the way, last I looked, it appeared that while the standard event-using API allowed the midpoint and associated respawn location to be different easily, whereas it looks like with the Luna-only one that can't be done without using the extraActions hook to teleport the player after respawn? Shouldn't matters in the MaFAB Relay (at least thus far), but it would make a difference for what I had in mind for a respawn room in the other relay level. (Though... teleporting the player in the extraActions hook is easier (imho) than adding events and such for each midpoint anyway, so the Luna-only way is still probably the way to go there)
Hoeloe
A2XT person
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Hoeloe »

Rednaxela wrote: By the way, last I looked, it appeared that while the standard event-using API allowed the midpoint and associated respawn location to be different easily, whereas it looks like with the Luna-only one that can't be done without using the extraActions hook to teleport the player after respawn?
Not at all. Lua checkpoints just have separate spawn coordinates as optional, by default using the same as the coordinates of the checkpoint. It's just an extra 2 arguments.
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans

Post by Rednaxela »

Hoeloe wrote:Not at all. Lua checkpoints just have separate spawn coordinates as optional, by default using the same as the coordinates of the checkpoint. It's just an extra 2 arguments.
Ahh, whoops. I was being blind to those arguments for some reason.
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

KingTwelveSixteen wrote:So I have basically been procrastinating as to whether or not I should enter this contest since it popped up, but then I looked at the sign-up list and realized that it's now or never.

So I choose NOW! :x

*Guitar riff plays*

Or you know. After the next guy goes and it's actually my turn.

...Must...resist...urge...to use only...default...Birdo!
If mina doesnt reply by tomorrow ill let you go ahead and do your part.
Image Image
Mabel
Just west of wierd

Post by Mabel »

and whoever goes next, use this one instead:
http://puu.sh/hrd4D/e245418fd5.rar

Changed:
-Mechdragons part is no longer instakill because lol fuck that shit (youll still get rekt if you get crushed but still)
-added powerups and 1up
-added a midpoint room before mechdragons section

I cleared it blind but im not an average player but instakills are pretty bs 90% of the time sooooo yeah
Image Image
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

I'm not particularly good and I still cleared that section in under five tries, though I certainly don't object to toning it down and the midpoint is definitely needed. (Admittedly, I took advantage of the safe spot for the final part of it.)

I also feel like it could use a better transition; at the least it could reuse the Go! graphic rather than having that sudden text box.

Minnakht hasn't been on in a week, but hey, maybe they'll turn up after all.
KingTwelveSixteen

Something I noticed playing through the newest version, the checkpoints between the giant flaming cat and the zzazmabar fight don't work. I got dropped back at the cat when I died there.
Mabel
Just west of wierd

Post by Mabel »

KingTwelveSixteen wrote:Something I noticed playing through the newest version, the checkpoints between the giant flaming cat and the zzazmabar fight don't work. I got dropped back at the cat when I died there.
Not implemented yet. Imma wait til the last entries are done but for now they're placeholders really
Image Image
KingTwelveSixteen

In other news, I forgot to claim it but I totally added a section in.

Boop.

Horikawa Otane wrote:ping
It's...probably your turn???
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Well, it's down to you and Minnakht, so I guess the question is if Mabel wants to give them one last chance to show up.
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

So the midpoint before Mechdragon's section isn't showing up and the door to the section afterwards is appearing at the very start.

Granted, this is useful for testing, but I'm just noting this here as something to be fixed up before the final version.