(shouting)

MaGL X2 Discussion - MaGL X2 Lands TOMORROW. GET. HYPE.

Zygl

Re: MaGL X2 Discussion (Final-Final Count: 272 Entries + 31 Bosses!)

Post by Zygl »

Lunatic Quark wrote:man, those two people must be really clever if no one else here has found it yet
It's more that everybody else is having the brain fart of the century, really. It really is super visible. In fact she posted it already.
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

Horikawa Otane wrote:think about it, if i somehow pulled that off would i announce it waaaaaaaay before-hand or keep it as a suprise haha
yes
you would announce
because then you would mention it here to imply that it didn't happen so now no one would suspect it, which is just what happened so it must be the case

On a serious note you did mention that you managed to do at least as well as last year's post game, so I'm way more interested in how you did that.
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
Arctangent
squawky
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Arctangent »

For some reason I had some particularly weird dreams about the Let's Play already being in progress; apparently there were "trap tower" levels that weren't made by the contestants scattered around the main game where entering them for the first time caused imps to steal the game's music and fanfares, causing them to be replaced with different versions until you beat the particular level and therefore the imps - I have no idea if you could change it back to the different music or not, but I also remember a comment ( from someone else who played it other than raocow ... somehow ) that a person couldn't beat one of them which replaced the mushroom grab sound effect which annoyed them so much that they restarted their save, only to find out the change was global - even across different episodes.

That wasn't the weird part, though. Not in the slightest.

At the end of each video, raocow would start to sum up his thoughts about each level he played that day, only to be cut off by really harsh static-y sounds and then the video ended far sooner than he'd be realistically done saying what he was saying. Despite that, he was posting as if nothing was happening on the forums, and it seemed like something he set up with Horikawa since she kept posting things in the thread after each video ... except her posts were utter nonsense ( like one was some ASCII art of three zeroes made out of zeroes ) with links not so much hidden but randomly transplanted into it. The links lead to a download site, each post leading to a different download but all of them containing similar things: a snippet of a completely arbitrary review or synopsis of some completely visual novel and an image of said visual novel's box ( or title screen for digital releases I guess ). I'm sure in the dream there was some ARG-level stuff going on somewhere within it, but I just remember being annoyed about the whole gimmick because it meant raocows criticism was blocked out and the sounds that were covering it were extremely unpleasant.
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Arctangent wrote:For some reason I had some particularly weird dreams about the Let's Play already being in progress; apparently there were "trap tower" levels that weren't made by the contestants scattered around the main game where entering them for the first time caused imps to steal the game's music and fanfares, causing them to be replaced with different versions until you beat the particular level and therefore the imps - I have no idea if you could change it back to the different music or not, but I also remember a comment ( from someone else who played it other than raocow ... somehow ) that a person couldn't beat one of them which replaced the mushroom grab sound effect which annoyed them so much that they restarted their save, only to find out the change was global - even across different episodes.

That wasn't the weird part, though. Not in the slightest.

At the end of each video, raocow would start to sum up his thoughts about each level he played that day, only to be cut off by really harsh static-y sounds and then the video ended far sooner than he'd be realistically done saying what he was saying. Despite that, he was posting as if nothing was happening on the forums, and it seemed like something he set up with Horikawa since she kept posting things in the thread after each video ... except her posts were utter nonsense ( like one was some ASCII art of three zeroes made out of zeroes ) with links not so much hidden but randomly transplanted into it. The links lead to a download site, each post leading to a different download but all of them containing similar things: a snippet of a completely arbitrary review or synopsis of some completely visual novel and an image of said visual novel's box ( or title screen for digital releases I guess ). I'm sure in the dream there was some ARG-level stuff going on somewhere within it, but I just remember being annoyed about the whole gimmick because it meant raocows criticism was blocked out and the sounds that were covering it were extremely unpleasant.
Silly dream? ...Or cryptic future-telling?
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

I had a dream once that for some reason raocow couldn't start the LP of MaGL X2 until I completed the entirety of the game first, but Horikawa inserted this giant flaming volcano god boss halfway through that was way too hard and I couldn't beat it, and people started coming over to my house to cheer me on.
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans
Pronouns: they/them
https://rednaxela.talkhaus.com

Post by Rednaxela »

It's kind of fascinating what can inspire dreams.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

Arctangent's dream sounds as crazy as mine do. MaGL X2 is driving us all insane ;A;;;;;;
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
FFR

Post by FFR »

Horikawa Otane wrote:i like how in all of these dreams i'm some sort of old testament chaotic loki goddess or something
...you aren't? but... but... the goat I just... and the blood... and... gah I need a mop
CrispyMWHC
Arrangements in fulminating vective
http://crispymwhc.talkhaus.com/

Post by CrispyMWHC »

Horikawa Otane wrote:i like how in all of these dreams i'm some sort of old testament chaotic loki goddess or something
It makes sense. You know more than most (all?) of us and drop hints for us to obsess over. That's, like, Chaos God 101.
raocow wrote: 4 years ago oh SHIT

THE PROCEDURES
raocow wrote: 4 years ago I can't believe my mystical wizard friend told me to touch grass.
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrispyMWHC -- I play the games for the internet.
Dog In Da Grass
Woof!
First name: Dog
Pronouns: that dog

Post by Dog In Da Grass »

hardcore_crispy wrote:
It makes sense. You know more than most (all?) of us and drop hints for us to obsess over. That's, like, Chaos God 101.

The "Received your level list" hasn't been updated in a few weeks either D:
:pal: Image :pal:

Quman

Post by Quman »

hardcore_crispy wrote:
You even have a vaguely god-like name: Servalan.
MattTHM

Post by MattTHM »

I would like a copy of this bible that has Loki in it. Or at least the movie adaptation.
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

Well discussion hasn't been active for a bit so here's an interesting question.
Where on Holy's graph from last maglx do you think this contest will end up?
Holy wrote:Honestly, that graph's not hard to understand. I redid it to make it a bit easier to figure out:
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
noterday
Pronouns: she/her

Post by noterday »

inside the O of "one inch"
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

The yellow part of the dip is us.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Fawriel

Post by Fawriel »

what on earth am i looking at here
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?

Post by ztarwuff »

If anybody ends up in the trash section, their levels should have numbers like i squared and e.
Ignoritus
O◡O

Post by Ignoritus »

I'm guessing the scarcity of updates is because Horikawa wants to wait until she's finished judging every level to update again.
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans

Post by Rednaxela »

Hope classes are going well for you with that workload
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Horikawa Otane wrote:
Ignoritus wrote:I'm guessing the scarcity of updates is because Horikawa wants to wait until she's finished judging every level to update again.
It's because Horikawa's taking a double load at Harvard graduate school and the semester is ending haha.

Regardless, I think I'll be done by the first week of May. If not that, definitely the second. I'm not the one you need to worry about finishing on time.
I don't think people are worried that there isn't enough progress, they just want to watch the progress with rapt attention, watching numbers tick up week by week.
Ignoritus
O◡O

Post by Ignoritus »

Horikawa Otane wrote:I'm not the one you need to worry about finishing on time.
Fun fact, if Quill were to continue judging at his current rate for all of the levels judging would take over a year.
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans

Post by Rednaxela »

Horikawa Otane wrote:
Ignoritus wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:I'm not the one you need to worry about finishing on time.
Fun fact, if Quill were to continue judging at his current rate for all of the levels judging would take over a year.
As of this posting, Quill has judged 71 and Sturg has judged 91.
Fun fact, if all the judges were as fast as Horikawa, I'd be more stressed about the timing of relay level completion ;)
phencer42

Post by phencer42 »

Horikawa Otane wrote:
Ignoritus wrote:I'm guessing the scarcity of updates is because Horikawa wants to wait until she's finished judging every level to update again.
It's because Horikawa's taking a double load at Harvard graduate school and the semester is ending haha.

Regardless, I think I'll be done by the first week of May. If not that, definitely the second. I'm not the one you need to worry about finishing on time.
Are... are you gonna be okay there? Need us to order you a pizza or something?
LadySuburu

Post by LadySuburu »

phencer42 wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:

Are... are you gonna be okay there? Need us to order you a pizza or something?
Time for the first annual Make a Good Pizza contest! Horikawa will be the one and only judge.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

LadySuburu wrote:Time for the first annual Make a Good Pizza contest! Horikawa will be the one and only judge.
These three beg to differ.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P