(shouting)

MaGL X2 Discussion - MaGL X2 Lands TOMORROW. GET. HYPE.

Quman

Re: MaGL X2 Discussion (Final-Final Count: 272 Entries + 31 Bosses!)

Post by Quman »

So... how many people are resisting the urge to sarcastically suggest doing a relay boss fight inspired by the multi-phase Mother Brain battle in Truth Story?
FFR
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by FFR »

Quman wrote:So... how many people are resisting the urge to sarcastically suggest doing a relay boss fight inspired by the multi-phase Mother Brain battle in Truth Story?
well, now that you mention it...

... :twisted:

...nah, not one bit...

... :twisted:
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Horikawa Otane wrote:Sorry guys since Pichu spoiled it...

The last level was made by Obama.

Sorry, post-game ruined.
inb4 the plot twist is she's actually completely serious
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

Thanks, Obama!
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

Quman wrote:So... how many people are resisting the urge to sarcastically suggest doing a relay boss fight inspired by the multi-phase Mother Brain battle in Truth Story?
can we please

let's make my dream real omg pls

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fWxmzlm--qo pls
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Learning-Timebuster
First name: Luka
Pronouns: xe or she

Post by Learning-Timebuster »

which obama is the thing
"i like bugs"
t
raekuul
2 Nephi 2:25-27
First name: Pokota

Post by raekuul »

Liz O'Bama?
Games Beaten In 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023, 2024
FFR

Post by FFR »

uh, rena? I think a psychobanana stole your pony...

also, mafab boss relay! the first dude designs a base or shell for the boss, each successive dude designs one hit of the boss! so the second dude adds movement until the boss takes the next hit, the third dude adds a rinka shooter that goes away with the next hit, and so on... hilarity ensues!
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

FFR wrote:uh, rena? I think a psychobanana stole your pony...

also, mafab boss relay! the first dude designs a base or shell for the boss, each successive dude designs one hit of the boss! so the second dude adds movement until the boss takes the next hit, the third dude adds a rinka shooter that goes away with the next hit, and so on... hilarity ensues!
I have no idea what you're talking about.

I was kind of thinking that a MaGL-related boss relay might be fun if people were to, again, reuse names from MaGL X1-2, but have those names focus solely on a boss idea, and maybe groups of like 3-4 people could do a boss relay where each person does a miniboss in the level related to the same name as one another, in sequence, so sort of like a mini-relay instead of a massive one like the one currently being done. A boss rush where the bosses are small and don't take long. Kinda like the one in the SMJ level.

Alternatively, your idea of a multilayered single boss where each person had a different idea for its stages/forms/waves sounds really neat too. It actually sounds like a lot more of a "collaborative" idea and has potential for some hilarity.

Have I mentioned that everything related to MaGL X2 makes me super hype because I'm sure I've never said this once ever in my life D:

EDIT: MaGL X - The Bossed Levels. Ehh? Ehhhh? :D
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
FFR

Post by FFR »

RenaTurnip wrote:
FFR wrote:uh, rena? I think a psychobanana stole your pony...

I have no idea what you're talking about.

I was kind of thinking that a MaGL-related boss relay might be fun if people were to, again, reuse names from MaGL X1-2, but have those names focus solely on a boss idea, and maybe groups of like 3-4 people could do a boss relay where each person does a miniboss in the level related to the same name as one another, in sequence, so sort of like a mini-relay instead of a massive one like the one currently being done. A boss rush where the bosses are small and don't take long. Kinda like the one in the SMJ level.

Alternatively, your idea of a multilayered single boss where each person had a different idea for its stages/forms/waves sounds really neat too. It actually sounds like a lot more of a "collaborative" idea and has potential for some hilarity.
maybe we could combine the two and make several multilayered mini-bosses... then again, the word "megalomania" comes to mind

... rena, that banana is looking into my soul @_@
Quman

Post by Quman »

Right... sometimes I forget how lacking in restraint the denizens of this forum are. Well, at least you're not following the Truth Story example too closely (contributor 1 designs the first phase of the Mother Brain fight (likely resprited as the key boss,) then after the player has gotten in 10 hits they enter phase 2, then after getting in 10 more hits they enter phase 3. If we get 20 contributors, we would end up with a boss that takes 200 hits to kill.)

Um... just so we're clear, the things I say aren't actually suggestions.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Quman wrote:Right... sometimes I forget how lacking in restraint the denizens of this forum are. Well, at least you're not following the Truth Story example too closely (contributor 1 designs the first phase of the Mother Brain fight (likely resprited as the key boss,) then after the player has gotten in 10 hits they enter phase 2, then after getting in 10 more hits they enter phase 3. If we get 20 contributors, we would end up with a boss that takes 200 hits to kill.)

Um... just so we're clear, the things I say aren't actually suggestions.
We can change the health of the mother brain easily. If everyone of those 20 people made two hit boss, it would still take over 40 hits to kill, which is kinda lot to both memorize and deal with using thrown projectiles. Each part could take only one hit too, if the designated boss projectile appeared only like once every ten or so seconds, and the fight had multiple midpoints. Each part of the fight could alternatively be fully set on a timer, and be more about survival.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

Willhart wrote: Each part of the fight could alternatively be fully set on a timer, and be more about survival.
Yeah Truth Story was a pretty cool game :1 (this idea isn't bad objectively, but this is just a friendly reminder to be wary)

EDIT: wtf okay i am not used to being a banana, dang it rena #1 making me make bad decisions
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

if you are serious about doing a 'relay boss', you need to make every wave either one hit or 10 seconds survival, no more, because of the amount of people who would want to participate.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

The LP of this is never going to end omg
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
FFR

Post by FFR »

....you....guys...are seriously considering this? I... ehm....

...are you sure?

...cos I'd totally be up for it, since my maglx lost levels level is going nowhere. y'all are enablers!
romajiQuadhash
typos "raocow" as "roacow" (and I TAS)
First name: Romaji Quadhash
Pronouns: ke/keh/ker

Post by romajiQuadhash »

FFR wrote:....you....guys...are seriously considering this? I... ehm....

...are you sure?

...cos I'd totally be up for it, since my maglx lost levels level is going nowhere. y'all are enablers!
Don't say that!
This is a sig
FFR

Post by FFR »

but its true! even tho I joined this year, I'm also most likely to procrastinate!
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

It strikes me as worth noting that we do have a MAGL X spinoff project that we could use some of these ridiculous ideas in.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
FFR

Post by FFR »

Y'know, I'd totally do it, but I don't have enough knowledge of the smbx to even know how this thing would work... sorry for incentivating things that I don't even know even! but more than that, now that horikawa gave a more official statement, how many peeps are actually interested in doing a mafab relay boss rush?

and fogel bro, I promisse I'll work on my level this weekend!
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

If you mention a neat-sounding collab idea in the talkhaus, chances are very high that a dozen people will jump up and say "let's do it!".

The determining factor for whether a project actually gets done is whether or not it finds leadership that really understands what needs to be done and can follow through on all of it. That's more important than whether people sound excited for the idea.

The talkhaus doesn't have much restraint when it comes to collabs. Which is great, because it means cool stuff gets made! But don't feel pressured into leading a project just because there's enthusiasm for it -- lead a project when you're pretty certain about it.
FFR

Post by FFR »

got it, thanks for the info!
metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

Wow, this discussion thread got huge
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

I'd like to organize and make the base for the boss relay.

I have a great idea on how to sort the way the boss works
Image Image
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator

Post by TaviTurnip »

Mabel wrote:I'd like to organize and make the base for the boss relay.

I have a great idea on how to sort the way the boss works
I am okay with this.

I was going to come in here to say that I'm probably going to finish my Lost Levels level before contributing to Bossed Levels (I don't care I am calling it this D: ) and that I would have otherwise considered organizing it, but I don't want to abandon one project to start another. I don't actually have that much work left on it anyways.