(shouting)

The Official Talkhaus Hearthstone Tournament Thread - Currently working out the Final Round

Maiku Wotaharu
Karaoke Enthusiast and Honorary Armless Bipedal Cycloptic Demon
First name: You'll figure it out.

Re: The Official Talkhaus Hearthstone Tournament Thread - Round 2 Brackets Actually Now Whoops

Post by Maiku Wotaharu »

Shinoda wrote:Double "Equality" is still my best move ever in this game EVAR!
I'm kinda embarrassed about my hyena laugh there, but I couldn't help it. I thought it was a glitch at first, but then when you went "Oh, crap!" I realized what you did and couldn't keep it in.

EDIT: Highlighted for everyone's convenience.

Last edited by Maiku Wotaharu 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
The best part of waking up is...knowing where you are.

FINALLY, SOME MOSTS USERBARS!
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Re: The Official Talkhaus Hearthstone Tournament Thread - Round 2 Brackets Actually Now Whoops

Post by Xirix »

Bwarch wrote:Ultratapir VS Xirix with mine vocal chords
http://youtu.be/I-dN4LyE2Ys

40 seconds in 'I fear for Xirix here' ... yup, pretty much sums it all up :D

Nice commentary Bwarch, I enjoyed watching that. :) Can't wait til I can play again.
Last edited by Xirix 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
FlockOfWingedDoors
Rolling Initiative...

Post by FlockOfWingedDoors »

So glad I joined the talkhaus in time for this tournament. It's been a blast.

Round three should be real interesting.
It's easier than 2by2 matrix multiplication.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Hey guys, sorry for being mostly absent from Hearthstone and the like for the past week. Been sorta depressed and dealing with that? I'm having bursts of feeling really good lately so I can definitely function occasionally to deal with stuff. Not out of the woods yet, though. I know flockofwingeddoors is PISSED at me for not uploading his match, haha. Really sorry about that, but you're gonna have to be mad at me for a little bit longer. I'm not making any promises on when it's getting up, but worst case I'll upload that match by its lonesome. I thought Bwarch had it but apparently he never got it, then I sort of brushed him aside when he mentioned it. WHOOPS.

It looks like most people have caught up on their matches. I haven't been paying attention! Again, really sorry about that and I'm proooobably here now. I'm glad everyone has been having fun. I'm gonna catch up on all of that and at the latest I'll try to have something up Wednesday (my day off, and took the rest of the week off from there.) I really dropped the ball on this round but hopefully you won't hate me too much cause there's nothing much I can do about it except try to be there for round 3. Gonna have everybody play again and keep the tiers. May have to have one last one for final standings but we'll see
Clamestarebla wrote:I just want to point out that CastlePokemetroid still hasn't even added me on battle.net so...what do?
You'll win is what! Alternate answer, and I know this is a shit time to be mentioning it, but you can face one of those two new guys if you want instead. You're the "my opponent didn't show up" guy apparently!
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

watch me win this tournament by default
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans
Pronouns: they/them
https://rednaxela.talkhaus.com

Post by Rednaxela »

Not an "on-topic" post but... just want to say, good luck with the depression issues Argumentable. It can be tough but well... yeah.
FlockOfWingedDoors
Rolling Initiative...

Post by FlockOfWingedDoors »

Argumentable wrote:Hey guys, sorry for being mostly absent from Hearthstone and the like for the past week. Been sorta depressed and dealing with that? I'm having bursts of feeling really good lately so I can definitely function occasionally to deal with stuff. Not out of the woods yet, though. I know flockofwingeddoors is PISSED at me for not uploading his match, haha. Really sorry about that, but you're gonna have to be mad at me for a little bit longer. I'm not making any promises on when it's getting up, but worst case I'll upload that match by its lonesome. I thought Bwarch had it but apparently he never got it, then I sort of brushed him aside when he mentioned it. WHOOPS.

It looks like most people have caught up on their matches. I haven't been paying attention! Again, really sorry about that and I'm proooobably here now. I'm glad everyone has been having fun. I'm gonna catch up on all of that and at the latest I'll try to have something up Wednesday (my day off, and took the rest of the week off from there.) I really dropped the ball on this round but hopefully you won't hate me too much cause there's nothing much I can do about it except try to be there for round 3. Gonna have everybody play again and keep the tiers. May have to have one last one for final standings but we'll see
Clamestarebla wrote:I just want to point out that CastlePokemetroid still hasn't even added me on battle.net so...what do?
You'll win is what! Alternate answer, and I know this is a shit time to be mentioning it, but you can face one of those two new guys if you want instead. You're the "my opponent didn't show up" guy apparently!
Don't be silly man, nowhere near pissed. Holy shit though, hope everything ends up alright :/
It's easier than 2by2 matrix multiplication.
castlepokemetroid
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by castlepokemetroid »

I just fought my opponent and won 3-1. He said he recorded the matches, so look forward to the footage, hopefully there's no video issues.

Unfortunately, I won, so apparently you guys still have to deal with my nonsense. Good thing I caught my opponent right when he was on, so I didn't need to inconvenience him any further.
-castlepokemetroid

I has raomations here
zmonbobbo
Haustone Tournament Semifinalist
Hey there! I'm a dude!
First name: Zach

Post by zmonbobbo »

Yeah, Argu, take your time with anything tournament-related. You're doing a fine job and we're all having fun. Hope you get to feeling better soon!
I'm probably driving right now.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

I think the only match that hasn't happened for Round 2 is Jesuiscontent versus InsanelyExperimental. I don't feel like either of them is dropping out, because Jesuiscontent is around here all the time talking hearthstone, and I see InsanelyExperimental on Hearthstone (as ShadowDragon) all the time.
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

I'll post the match here once it's done rendering and uploading.
Here it is:

Read the description if you want an explanation on my shit plays.
I tried doing post-commentary but my mic is absolute garbage. Oh well.
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I don't think castle knows what 'gimmick' is supposed to mean, unless his gimmick is 'pretty dangerous'
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Hi due to unfortunate technology problems we couldn't record but I lost to ShadowDragon 1-3 !! Sorry for the delay I had timezone issues + internet issues

InsanelyExperimental
Haustone Tournament Winner
This ^ guy's a guiness.
First name: Kyle

Post by InsanelyExperimental »

yeah they were fantastic matches, very enjoyable, i look forward to rematching you :)
Wooop woop woop :lol: :D
Ditocoaf

Re: The Official Talkhaus Hearthstone Tournament Thread - Round 2 Brackets Sometime

Post by Ditocoaf »

Before Argu gets the next brackets up, here's an update to my tournament summary thing! Still let me know if I got anything wrong.

Round 1:
raocow
Jesuiscontent

zmonbobbo
[AOD]

Clamestarebla
Rednaxela

Bwarch
Animita

darkness922/InsanelyExperimental
Maiku Wotaharu

Holy
arabsalmon

Vergalon
Shinoda

bkamakaze
FlockofWingedDoors

Ditocoaf
castlepokemetroid
Round 2:
Holy
Rednaxela

FlockofWingedDoors
zmonbobbo

Vergalon
Ditocoaf

Jesuiscontent
InsanelyExperimental

Animita
raocow

bkamakaze
[AOD]

Shinoda
Maiku Wotaharu

castlepokemetroid
Clamestarebla

Bwarch
arabsalmon

Round 2???[/size]
Xirix
Ultratapir
Standings:
Bwarch 2-0
Ditocoaf 2-0
Holy 2-0
zmonbobbo 2-0
darkness922/InsanelyExperimental 2-0
Animita 1-1
bkamakaze 1-1
FlockofWingedDoors 1-1
Rednaxela 1-1
Shinoda - 1-1
Vergalon 1-1
castlepokemetroid 1-1
Jesuiscontent 1-1
Ultratapir 1-0
[AOD] 0-2
raocow 0-2
arabsalmon 0-2
Maiku Wotaharu 0-2
Clamestarebla 0-2
Xirix 0-1
KingTwelveSixteen 0-0
castlepokemetroid

Post by castlepokemetroid »

raocow wrote:I don't think castle knows what 'gimmick' is supposed to mean, unless his gimmick is 'pretty dangerous'
I do know that there are 'themed' decks and 'gimmick' decks, but I have a hard time telling the difference. My Paliden deck is called "Divine Mech", I believe it's more of a theme than a gimmick, but I'm not entirely sure. It has mechs, cards that interact with mechs, and anything with divine shield or interact with divine shield. The spells added are whatever I feel like.

The Priest deck is called "SUPER HEALTHY". This one has got to be a gimmick. A dictionary definition of gimmick is "any clever device, gadget, or stratagem, esp one used to deceive". SUPER HEALTHY is all about creatures with high health, and cards that boost or affect max health. It's the reason why the deck has a 1/7 taunt in it. I can't remember why the knife juggler is in there. He definitely doesn't match the gimmick/theme.

I was definitely very mean in that last match with Clam, I feel really bad. 20 damage out of nowhere.
-castlepokemetroid

I has raomations here
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

I think this is round 3. I saw there was one matchup that had already happened before, so I changed it. Possibly into another duplicate matchup? I didn't check. Also since we had 5 super winners and 5 super losers I put the new guys in there too. What about that other guy that signed up? IDK.

There will be one more round after this (maybe with multiple opponents) to determine the champion and probably clean up some other rankings. Then the winners will get minor recognition oh boy!

In all seriousness though, let me know if something looks off. My calculations matched ditocoaf's so I assume they're good to go
round3.png
round3.png (20.42 KiB) Viewed 4062 times
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
[AOD]

Re: The Official Talkhaus Hearthstone Tournament Thread - Round 3? Okay sure

Post by [AOD] »

Well then, raocow, old friend, I will meet you on the field of battle!!
Officially voted MOD-IN-ABSENTIA by Talkhaus election 2014.
Shinoda

Post by Shinoda »

Maiku Wotaharu wrote:
I'm kinda embarrassed about my hyena laugh there, but I couldn't help it. I thought it was a glitch at first, but then when you went "Oh, crap!" I realized what you did and couldn't keep it in.

See! Best play EVAR!
Horikawa Otane wrote:Butt-lamps are -30 points, so =p
ImageImageImage
Animita
Pronouns: Him/Her

Post by Animita »

Shinoda wrote:
Maiku Wotaharu wrote:

See! Best play EVAR!
I fear that i might face such an amazing play in this upcoming round.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Hey Bwarch you going to be around this weekend? Going to be having my match sometime between friday and monday, mind if I borrow you again? :)
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

Family day is Saturday, otherwise maybe.

I don't really know if I'm free until hours beforehand haha. Never know when I'll be grabbed.

But yes, if it works out availability-wise, I'm down!
Holy

Post by Holy »

Well Bwarch apparently stopped recording after the first two games I won against Ditocoaf, but I won 3-0 lost the last three so waa waaa
Fun games!
Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Post by Bwarch »

I'm so pissed at myself because I saw three games played and thought "Welp, dat's the show" for SOME. REASON.
Ditocoaf

Post by Ditocoaf »

He destroyed my first two decks with a nasty duplicate mage, which I've never been good against. But my final deck was a mech mage, which just won one cheap game after another. I think he had some bad draws in there, too.