mario fan games galaxypge projectirc.cat.bio

firefox related css updates (bbcode/shoutbox) - ctrl-f5 if they're still jacked up for you

Contest Archive

would you like to participate in some fun contests? would you like to create some fun contests? well ^_^
Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess
First name: Servalan

Contest Archive

Postby Horikawa Otane » 2 years ago

This is a placeholder, but I hope to archive the contests here.

MaGL 1 (06/01/2012 - v1.00)
MaGL 2 (06/10/2013 - v1.00)
MaGL X (05/04/2014 - v1.00)
MaGL X2 (12/16/2015 - v1.00)
Please tell me if I'm missing a contest here.
Watch my Butt on the YouTubes
raocow wrote:Dang it Oyster this level is not called Peregrine Penguin and the Soft Bon-Bon, it clearly says Ghost House with a Ghost in It!

alex2
Banned

Re: Contest Archive

Postby alex2 » 2 years ago

Why bother when this exists..?
Warning: Opinions expressed by alex2 or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of alex2 himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
raocow wrote:a3xt will be my last project, after which I will quit lp forever
SPASM - LevelASM for Yoshi's Island!
My mosts things:

GLDude

Postby GLDude » 2 years ago

alex2 wrote:Why bother when this exists..?
This lets to play the levels from last years. Not just looking the oldest topics there.

ano0maly
Retired Tester

Postby ano0maly » 2 years ago

Also not all contests are downloadable games.
Image << Click!

Fan of the following:
Image Image

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess

alex2 wrote:Why bother when this exists..?
Well, for one thing, I don't believe downloads for MaGL 1 and 2 exist in any of their threads. I wasn't able to find them anyway. Bwarch sent me a PM with his and I renamed the contents of his zips to allow easy indexing of placement, etc.

But for another, even if downloads DID exist in the old contests forum, I looked for about an hour and couldn't find them. That's bad. Lots of people watch these LPs and want to download the levels and try out the contests for themselves. This way they don't have to dig.
raocow wrote:Dang it Oyster this level is not called Peregrine Penguin and the Soft Bon-Bon, it clearly says Ghost House with a Ghost in It!

Bwarch
Local Candy Fiend
Pronouns: He/Him/His

Postby Bwarch » 2 years ago

Horikawa Otane wrote: Well, for one thing, I don't believe downloads for MaGL 1 and 2 exist in any of their threads.
They do exist in their threads-
Horikawa Otane wrote: But for another, even if downloads DID exist in the old contests forum, I looked for about an hour and couldn't find them. That's bad. Lots of people watch these LPs and want to download the levels and try out the contests for themselves. This way they don't have to dig.
But as stated here they're buried on some random page for each thread when I was able to put everything together and people asked for a full download.

I like having the downloads in one place, it's good. Boo on Alex for not getting that.

People are still going to have to ask around and dig, but now we can direct them here and they're in a place specifically FOR big contest downloads.
Oh man it's a Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/BwarchtheGamer
Oh man it's a Tumblr: http://bwarch.tumblr.com/

alex2
Banned

Postby alex2 » 2 years ago

Bwarch wrote:Boo on Alex for not getting that.
ok I got it the first seventeen times thanks
Warning: Opinions expressed by alex2 or others in this post do not necessarily reflect the views, opinions, or position of alex2 himself on the matter(s) being discussed therein.
raocow wrote:a3xt will be my last project, after which I will quit lp forever
SPASM - LevelASM for Yoshi's Island!
My mosts things:

Bryux

Postby Bryux » 2 years ago

Horikawa Otane wrote: MaGL X (05/04/2014 - v1.00)

WITH Horikawa's Comments: Download Here[/list]
So I tried downloading this, and there seems to be something wrong with 0ship.lvl or something.

When I start it in SMBX I get this:
ImageAlso, mario glitches in and out of existance in the bottom right corner occasionally
I get "Run-time error '55': File already opened" if I try to save and exit or save and continue.
I tried opening 0ship.lvl in the editor and it gives me the error message: "Run-time error '13': Type mismatch", the other levels (I didn't try all, but a few) are openable in the editor.

I tried downloading it a second time, to make sure that I wasn't just unlucky or something, but I got the same problem... Could anyone tell me what happened and how to fix it? Sorry I come with problems plz don't murder. PS. This seemed like the best place posting this
woawoawoah someone spoilered the obligatory signaturtle
I settled with good old Kaguya

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess

Bryux wrote:

So I tried downloading this, and there seems to be something wrong with 0ship.lvl or something.

ImageAlso, mario glitches in and out of existance in the bottom right corner occasionally
I get "Run-time error '55': File already opened" if I try to save and exit or save and continue.
I tried opening 0ship.lvl in the editor and it gives me the error message: "Run-time error '13': Type mismatch", the other levels (I didn't try all, but a few) are openable in the editor.

I tried downloading it a second time, to make sure that I wasn't just unlucky or something, but I got the same problem... Could anyone tell me what happened and how to fix it? Sorry I come with problems plz don't murder. PS. This seemed like the best place posting this
Download the latest 7zip alpha (9.32 I think). Use that instead of WinRAR. Right click and say "Extract Here"

Bryux

Postby Bryux » 2 years ago

Horikawa Otane wrote:
Bryux wrote:

Download the latest 7zip alpha (9.32 I think). Use that instead of WinRAR. Right click and say "Extract Here"
I actually found the real problem, NPC 190's txt file has speed=.4 which to my knowledge screws things up for some people, I'm some people.

It's working now.
woawoawoah someone spoilered the obligatory signaturtle
I settled with good old Kaguya

Mabel
Just west of wierd

Postby Mabel » 1 year ago

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas
ayy come join the discord version of the skypehaus(no, this has nothing to do with technicolor horses)
ImageImage
Image Image

aterraformer

Postby aterraformer » 1 year ago

MaGLX1 is deleted and MaGLX2 requires me to download a thing. SMBX2.0 stops at 81% :(
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess

Postby Horikawa Otane » 1 year ago

aterraformer wrote:MaGLX1 is deleted and MaGLX2 requires me to download a thing. SMBX2.0 stops at 81% :(
MaGL X1 will be restored. I'm not sure how it got deleted.

Pyro
cutie
Pronouns: she/her

Postby Pyro » 1 year ago

In the meantime, I happen to have a backup of the original maglx.

butts

Improved Hub will be landing shortly. Probably Friday?
professional meme

KayhemMaus
I keep breaking my face on SMBX
First name: KM
Pronouns: they/them/their

Postby KayhemMaus » 1 year ago

MEGA? Really?

I can't get anything to download on my computer at all from MEGA. It fails every single time. Can you not use a better file storage site?
HUZZAH! ( VVV Hey, click this if you have an interest in SMBX projects!)

Ivy

Postby Ivy » 1 year ago

the ONLY thing wrong with mega is that it's in new zealand

that's a pretty big flaw alone but yeah
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | NNID: Ivysaur1996 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (that ivy guy)
Many thanks to GlitchedGhost and Rockythechao for the amazing paper Demo animation!

Tenlade

Postby Tenlade » 1 year ago

Here's a google drive link

Looks like you have to select an episode and quit in order to change the controls, and for some reason i can't get joystick inputs to work (had to resort to xpadder as usual. )

tried thedemo boss and race, and both of them kinda weirdly broke (uncle broadsword kiled a random bombomb and then stopped moving, and the race glitched out when i died and re-entered it).

Jayoshi
I hate this avatar
First name: Jay
Pronouns: Male

Postby Jayoshi » 1 year ago

Ivy wrote:the ONLY thing wrong with mega is that it's in new zealand

that's a pretty big flaw alone but yeah
If you're calling that a distance issue, then I claim false. I've downloaded things on MEGA perfectly fine from both Asia and America. The thing I'd say is wrong about MEGA is that it uses some nonstandard way of downloading, which is a problem because:
  • you can't use wget for it
  • nothing gets traced in your web client's download history
  • As Kayhem Maus said, MEGA will flat-out refuse to work in some situations
All in all, I'd recommend a different service. Because I don't require a lot of space, I use box, but Google drive is a good option for large files. Probably better not to use Mediafire or Sendspace though.
The visions dancing in my mind
The early dawn, the shades of time
Twilight crawling through my windowpane
Am I awake or do I dream?

King of GETs

Postby King of GETs » 1 year ago

Is there any way to put MaGL X2 in a torrent file, or is it against talkhaus policy to use torrents? 3.35 GB is pretty huge, and I know there would be a lot of people willing to seed it for others.

EDIT: Nevermind, MEGA Link Downloader works.

Dr alphys

Postby Dr alphys » 1 year ago

I'm kind of a sad panda right now you see i was thinking about making a level for the next MAGL X contest but i wanted to play the 1st and 2ed contest however it seems that MAGL X 1 has been removed does anyone know a back up link?

S1eth

Postby S1eth » 1 year ago

Dr alphys wrote:I'm kind of a sad panda right now you see i was thinking about making a level for the next MAGL X contest but i wanted to play the 1st and 2ed contest however it seems that MAGL X 1 has been removed does anyone know a back up link?
viewtopic.php?f=54&t=16346

Willhart
Reader on the forums

Postby Willhart » 10 months ago

Horikawa Otane wrote:
aterraformer wrote:MaGLX1 is deleted and MaGLX2 requires me to download a thing. SMBX2.0 stops at 81% :(
MaGL X1 will be restored. I'm not sure how it got deleted.
The links seem to be down again.
Starting a new LP Here. Do give the game a look if you find it interesting.

Zinfandel

Postby Zinfandel » 9 months ago

Yeah, MAGLX1 is still down, unfortunately.

Mabel
Just west of wierd

Postby Mabel » 5 months ago

MaGL X2 (12/16/2015 - v1.00).
Both of these are down.
ayy come join the discord version of the skypehaus(no, this has nothing to do with technicolor horses)
ImageImage
Image Image

Return to “contest center”