(shouting)

Butter Pecan Mafia - PARTICIPATION

Damn, it feels good to be a gangster.
Dan

Butter Pecan Mafia - PARTICIPATION

Post by Dan »

Welcome! Let me go over the roles quickly (this is important, read all of them or you won't know what the hell is going on)
Town-Aligned
Villager (3): Has no night actions.
Cop (1): Each night the cop visits one person. In the morning he will know whether his target is mafia- or town-aligned.
Insane Cop (1): Same as cop, but with a twist: a mafia-aligned target will appear to the insane cop as town-aligned, and a town-aligned target will appear as mafia-aligned. Will appear to be normal cop upon death.
Nurse (1): The nurse can visit one person each night. That person cannot be killed that night; however, the person also cannot perform any night actions.
Oracle (1): Picks one person each night. If the oracle is killed by the mafia, her target's role will be revealed to all players. NOTE: No roles will be revealed if the oracle is lynched - she must be killed at night!
Shrink (2): The shrink visits one person each night. That person cannot be converted to the cult that night. He may choose to protect himself instead of other players.
Bodyguard (1): The bodyguard visits one person each night. If that person is targeted by the mafia, there is a 50% chance that the bodyguard will kill the visiting mafia member, and a 50% that the bodyguard will die protecting his target.
Watcher (1): The watcher visits one person each night. In the morning, he will know the names of anybody who visited that person.

Mafia-Aligned
Mafioso (1): Has no special powers. Participates in mafia meetings.
Lawyer (1): Can choose one of his fellow mafia members each night. That person will appear as innocent to the cop for that night. Conversely, that person will appear as mafia to the insane cop. Participates in mafia meetings.
Enforcer (1): The enforcer can visit one person each night. That person cannot be converted to the cult. Participates in mafia meetings.
Stalker (1): Can visit one person each night. In the morning, there is a 50% chance that he will know that person's role. Participates in mafia meetings.

The Cult
Cult Leader (1): Votes on one person each night, along with the other members of the cult. The person selected by the cult will be converted to the cult. If the cult leader is killed, all cult members die.
Cult Member (1): The game starts out with one cult member in addition to the cult leader. All new additions to the cult will lose their former role and become a cult member. Votes in cult meetings every night.

The Survivor (1): Third-party role. Will appear as town-aligned to the regular cop, mafia-aligned to the insane cop. The survivor wins if he is not killed or culted by the end of the game. Has no night actions.

Code: Select all

1. You may not speak about the game outside of this thread. The exception to this rule is discussing night actions with your team (e.g. the mafia PMing each other deciding on who to vote for). If you do this, you must CC the host on all your PMs.
2. You may not post in the thread if it is night, and you may not post if you are dead. Once you are killed, you are allowed one final post. In this post, you may not reveal any information about the game. You are not allowed to PM other players during the day.
3. Everything the host says is to be taken as truth. You may not quote a PM from the host, and you may not make up quotes from the host.
4. The deadline for night actions and lynches is 48 hours. Failure to meet this deadline will result in a random action/lynch. If you fail to meet the deadline for night actions more than once, you will be killed and flogged publicly. DO NOT sign up if you're just going to sit there and do nothing. It's a game, you're supposed to play it. If something comes up unexpectedly and you are unable to continue playing, PM me and we can work something out.
5. You may not edit things out of your posts once people have responded to them. If you wish to retract something, you may strikethrough it and explain why you retracted if you wish, but once somebody has posted after you, you are no longer allowed to remove things from your posts.
Some notes:
  • The cult wins if they outnumber the town.
  • It is possible to determine which cop is insane and which is not, so town probably should do that.
  • For mafia and cult - each night, in order to have someone killed or culted, you must vote on the target and decide who you're going to send out to kill/cult them. For instance, if the mafia chooses to kill Don Zanevsky, they must also tell the host who they are going to send to kill him. This is so that a watcher won't see all four members of the mafia/however many members of the cult visiting one person.
  • The cops do not know whether they are insane or regular, and they do not know who the other cop is.
  • The shrinks do not know who the other shrink is.
PLAYERS:
BTYM
Cobalt
dashta
freelop (Shrink)
kilon
limepie20
ultratowel112

GRAVEYARD:
Sillyman (Bodyguard)
AUS (Mafioso)
Yonowaaru (Cop)
Corbin (Cultist)
Aposke (Watcher)
BlueWizrobe (Cultist)
Argumentable (Oracle)
Alex (Shrink)
O-Card (Cultist)
Cup (Cultist)
Jesuiscontent (Nurse)

It is now night one. You may not post. Send me your night actions promptly.
Last edited by Dan 12 years ago, edited 13 times in total.
Dan

Re: Butter Pecan Mafia - PARTICIPATION

Post by Dan »

Hello! Last night, Sillyman, the bodyguard, was killed. Who could have done this?? It's up to you to figure out. 17 players remain, 9 votes needed to lynch.

It is now day 1. You may post.
Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

First post
blah blah waiting for reports
can YOU use the packet sauce?
Yonowaaru

Post by Yonowaaru »

Alrighty, let's get this party started. By killing someone.

That's pretty unusual.

So, wait, has the Talkhaus Mafia come far enough for people to actually claim without fear of not being protected by protecting roles? That´s pretty nice.

In that case, Cop here, insane or not unclear. Got an innocent reading on Corbin.
Since this is the beginning of the game, a single sacrifice won´t be minded, right?

Therefor, voting for Corbin.
GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

Hey there yono, CC cop.
I got mafia on BTYM.

I don't know who to vote for yet, any more reports?
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Yonowaaru

Post by Yonowaaru »

Just to be sure, you do realise there are two cops?
Keeping with my vote either way.
GENERATION 25: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

If this shit is to be believed then we just got two innos.

Also I wouldn't have outted innos cause there's a lawyer

Also I wouldn't have claimed cop

Pretty sure we're supposed to find cult first.
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

DING DING

MAFIA HIT.

Watcher here, AUS visited Sillyman on N1.

Voting to lynch AUS, and you guys should too.
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

I don't know what to say about that. What kind of defense does one make on day one? I think you're wrong? e: Lying, that is.
Yonowaaru wrote:Just to be sure, you do realise there are two cops?
Keeping with my vote either way.
Yeah, that's why I said I don't know who to lynch.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

You're pretty much fucked I guess? If there's another "real" cop then he's probably better off not claiming. If aposke is lying we'd just kill him the next day. That said, not voting yet just so people can post
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Well either Aposke or AUS is lying so any of them should be a safe bet to confirm each other.

Cobalt

Post by Cobalt »

Since tracker's (edit: sorry i always forget the difference between these two roles gdi) watcher's report can't be messed with by other roles in this setup and since there are no ccs to watcher yet, i vote AUS.

If Aposke actually IS lying, then we can easily lynch him tomorrow.
But he probably isnt so i also suggest doc on aposke
Last edited by Cobalt 12 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
can YOU use the packet sauce?
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

Eh, I guess I have to vote for Aposke.
Last edited by AUS 12 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Cup

Post by Cup »

Aposke's post was colorful and exciting. I believe him because of this. I vote AUS unless something changes my mind.
Yonowaaru

Post by Yonowaaru »

Then why wouldn't we lynch Apos first? Confirmed cop would be a lot more useful than confirmed watcher, right?

Hereby changing my vote to Aposke.
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

Because of Aposke, I'll probably be dead by tomorrow, which is sad because I already have a suggestion. So by tomorrow if I'm dead, I suggest lynching Argumentable. Again, tomorrow.
Why? The reports and Argu's reaction.
Got an innocent reading on Corbin.
Hey there yono, CC cop.
I got mafia on BTYM.
Argu wrote:If this shit is to be believed then we just got two innos.
It might be just a 'hunch,' but how would he know that BTYM is innocent and that Corbin isn't mafia? Well, if he's in the cult and if BTYM is in the cult. In that scenario, he would know for a fact that BTYM is innocent to cop, and assuming I'm an insane cop, yono has to be the regular cop, making Corbin innocent aswell. QED?

E: My "conversely" made no sense on further investigation. So I edited that back out.
Last edited by AUS 12 years ago, edited 5 times in total.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

Yonowaaru wrote:Then why wouldn't we lynch Apos first? Confirmed cop would be a lot more useful than confirmed watcher, right?

Hereby changing my vote to Aposke.
Considering we still wouldn't know if he is insane or not I think a watcher would be more useful. Therefore voting AUS.

limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

Argu said that because its unlikely both cops hit mafia.

Or wait are cults guilty?

Anyway, I'll vote Aposke because I think knowing what cop is what is more helpful than killing a mafia. We can just kill AUS tomorrow. We have 17 players and 5 mafia (i think) so an ml isn't a problem.
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

AUS wrote:Because of Aposke, I'll probably be dead by tomorrow, which is sad because I already have a suggestion. So by tomorrow if I'm dead, I suggest lynching Argumentable. Again, tomorrow.
Why? The reports and Argu's reaction.
Got an innocent reading on Corbin.
Hey there yono, CC cop.
I got mafia on BTYM.
Argu wrote:If this shit is to be believed then we just got two innos.
It might be just a 'hunch,' but how would he know that BTYM is innocent and that Corbin isn't mafia? Well, if he's in the cult and if BTYM is in the cult. In that scenario, he would know for a fact that BTYM is innocent to cop, and assuming I'm an insane cop, yono has to be the regular cop, making Corbin innocent aswell. QED?
There are two cops. One is insane, the other is confused normal. It's highly unlikely that both Corbin and BTYM are both mafia, though it is possible. It's much more likely that, assuming you're not lying, you are the insane cop and yono is the regular cop. You're either not paying attention or grasping to stay alive
kilon

Post by kilon »

With all sane and insane cops, lawyers and all that we just don't know enough to trust anyone claiming any of those roles.
Watcher is a bit safer, so I think we can do what Aposke says. If he's lying, we'll know soon enough and if he's telling the truth it's nice.

Thus I vote AUS.
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

limepie20 wrote:Argu said that because its unlikely both cops hit mafia.
Oh whatever. It's still a risky statement to make without logic like what you just posted next to it.
It's much more likely that, assuming you're not lying, you are the insane cop and yono is the regular cop. You're either not paying attention or grasping to stay alive
See reaction to limepie. You can't be stupid around here and expect to stay alive.
Wow okay fuck it. I'm voting AUS
That makes you seem soo innocent of being cult.
Last edited by AUS 12 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
Argumentable
the biggest shit

Post by Argumentable »

Wow okay fuck it. I'm voting AUS
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Anyway, I'll vote Aposke because I think knowing what cop is what is more helpful than killing a mafia. We can just kill AUS tomorrow. We have 17 players and 5 mafia (i think) so an ml isn't a problem.
Dude, I'm not cop.
I'M WATCHER.
Lynching me will not help you on the sane/insane cop thing.
Dan

Post by Dan »

Cults appear as innocent to a regular cop. We have 17 players and 4 mafia.

Also, I probably should have just taken Sillyman's original rules instead of writing my own, because I keep leaving things out. You are not allowed to edit things out of your posts once people have responded to them. If you said something wrong and wish to retract it, you can strikethrough it and say "oops, my bad, I retract that" but you can't completely delete it.

VOTES:
Aposke (3)
AUS (6)
9 needed to lynch
AUS
Toni#4796

Post by AUS »

Don Zanevsky wrote:You are not allowed to edit things out of your posts once people have responded to them.
That's OK because my secondary idea which I quickly retracted was not responded to.
Vip is pronounced "Beep"