(shouting)

Mystery Meat Mafia - Participation

Damn, it feels good to be a gangster.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Re: Mystery Meat Mafia - Participation

Post by pholtos »

Right... sorry.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Dan

Post by Dan »

In any case I understand what Falky's trying to do, and while I really don't believe him, I don't want to risk it by jumping on him today. I am curious to see who CCs me and what other PRs have to say (because today would be a really good day to start saying things considering how the odds are stacked). I say we go from there rather than on the limited information I currently have
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

Post by TheVulpineHero1 »

All I can say in my defense is that I honestly don't know whether me being lynched would help the town or hurt it. The latter is far more likely, especially if our useful cops are already dead. I can't say more than that without totally invalidating my purpose and giving mafs useful info.
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Well, this is interesting.
To answer wareng's question why sturgy investigated limepie - it was to test his sanity. We had an agreement with lime that he wouldn't take any role during N3 so the cops could investigate him and find out their sanity from their reports. While that didn't change anything for sturgyman, I'm still in the hopes there's a unannounced cop out there who knows what he's doing and now hopefully also knows his sanity.

That said, I really want limepie to talk here too, and tell us if he amn'd anyone last night.
Dan

Post by Dan »

Yeah that was just a mistake. I wrote that part of my post before actually reading yesterday's posts carefully
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

I didn't want to reveal this for a bit, but I did amnesiac Bartle last night. After being revealed by the oracle, I felt pressured to amnesiac someone because argu said I wouldn't win on either side if I didn't. To be honest, I did want to be mafia when game started, but that time has passed. Anyway, Bartle is cop and now I'm one too. I wanted to be quiet about this to help out, but I feel like since it's just revealing a new role, it can only help and not put us in any worse position than before. Again, I'm afraid of being killed by mafia tonight, and now we need to lynch mafia to progress, so I want to get this out, so we can get something moving.

Argu told me that when cop is janned they only learn he is a cop in general, so I think I should still be able to get one report before they kill me unless they want to risk killing a naive/paranoid. They still might but again I felt like I was dying tonight because mafia doesn't have much else to kill, and I wanted to get htis out.
We had an agreement with lime that he wouldn't take any role during N3 so the cops could investigate him and find out their sanity from their reports.
As far as I know cop reports are before this, so I thought it would be fine.
Falky
Space Mountain, Real World's Champion, WOOOOO etc
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Falky »

Mafia got lucky n1 then. I think the question about when investigations/conversions happen is probably irrelevant, as the only roles lime could have taken are village (possibly traitor or miller, but that's a small chance). I'm really hoping we still have at least one useful copper left (excluding the possibility of lime being one).
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
BTYM

Post by BTYM »

I have nothing to report
ImageImage
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Y'know, Lime, you could also have claimed tomorrow. What you just told us right now gives us very little info except for that we have 2 original cops and one resurrected cop left.
Now town has two PRs outed, with only one doc to protect them. Because of reasons stated by towel before, losing our tracker would be more of a loss than losing our doc, I really think doc should protect Wareng tonight.

And yeah, lime, you're most likely going to die tonight.
lukaramu
not lukaramu
First name: not lukaramu

Post by lukaramu »

Now, if there are other cops alive, should they report today or D4?
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

LukaRamu wrote:Now, if there are other cops alive, should they report today or D4?
I'd definitely say D4, because mafia is going to go for one of the clears (either Wareng or Lime) anyways.

I think the only thing left to clear up right now is who to lynch. I don't quite want to vote anyone yet, but I've grown somewhat suspicious of Falky, mostly because what Wareng said about him seems quite reasonable, and I don't understand why he would post this, although it may just have been a ploy to deflect Mafia's attention from the actual PRs.

I'm also very softly FoSing towel because his whole giant post on the last page hinged on the assumption that both amnesiacs would take mafia and was more confusing than helpful (something he usually knows to avoid). Also, not only did he openly call for a potentially town-sided role to be lynched, but he also pressed for people to out after Wareng soft-claimed. Then again, of course, so did I, however, I didn't actually expect lime to have taken anyone last night and I definitely didn't expect him to out that, even though the doc already has a town clear to protect.
Falky
Space Mountain, Real World's Champion, WOOOOO etc
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Falky »

I said that because I'm not traitor, simple as that.
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Image Image
Dan

Post by Dan »

OK is there anyone who would like to contribute something constructive before we lynch someone? NL is unfortunately no longer an option, as UT said. In light of this new info I'll readjust my last post and condense it to lay out what we know for sure.

Known or strongly suspected town
  • Sturgyman is a cop, probably naive.
  • Limepie is also apparently a cop now, though we don't know what type.
  • Bartle was a cop.
  • Nabe was a cop.
  • We currently have three cops among us (assuming anomaly was unimportant). One is still hiding.
  • I'm unCCed tracker.
Given that sturgyman is naive, and assuming limepie didn't pick up paranoid, of all the above roles, only limepie and I can be trusted.

Sort of suspected (by me) mafia
  • In light of Aposke's post I suspect UT even more now.
  • In light of Pholtos' and Falky's posts I suspect Pholtos of being an actual mafia and Falky of being mafia lite. Because what Falky is softclaiming is an important role for the town, we should not lynch him today.
  • I guess what BTYM posted was a softclaim? or was he just saying that he wasn't a power role? Whatever it is, he sounds like scum to me.
  • No clue what TheVulpineHero1's post meant so not sure what to think
Now these are all just FoSes and really the only info I have had access to that you guys haven't is my reports, which honestly isn't a lot. And now you do have access to them so it doesn't even matter. All I'm saying is don't take the wild mafia accusations as gospel. You should take seriously the townsided part though since there's more evidence for it
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Falky wrote:That's a possibility too. However, even that may give us something. How would they know he was naive? Yesterday, he had inno on anomaly and Cup. anomaly's dead now, leaving Cup. Mafia would know sturgy was naive in this case if anomaly is town and Cup is mafia, perhaps killing anomaly to try and clear Cup somewhat. That's not necessarily what I think, just another possible avenue.
This post didn't get as much attention as needed. Re-read this again, it has a strong reason to suspect Cup.
(Will write this out more later, gotta leave now)
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

@Wareng: Since everybody's outing, I may as well clarify. I was trying to softclaim villager while still leaving room for the maf to think I was hunter or something and take a chance on hitting me. No way of knowing if I'm a miller yet or not, which is why I don't know if it'll help to sac me, and it wouldn't help anyway if all our cops are dead. The reason I wasn't claiming is because I basically don't have a role other than to make long posts attracting maf attention and hope they pick me instead of somebody useful. Now they know who I am, they probably won't bother hitting me unless all they need is an easy kill to win on, which means I'm pointless other than for town/maf ratios. (Although, since Lime outed as cop and you're calling for doc as hunter, I guess they probably won't go for me anyway at this point since there are better targets.)

At this point, I'd encourage the other villagers not to claim, since insulation against a random dochit is still really important. I feel I had to in order to reduce chances of a mislynch, which obviously isn't something we can afford right now, but losing our doc would most likely cripple us.

In terms of my actual suspicions against other people, BTYM seems quite questionable right now. Most cops and hunter are accounted for and haven't yet been CC'd, so if he is softclaiming it's highly suspect since Lukaramu's post also appears to be softclaiming cop. Plus, he just popped up at the start of the game, announced he doesn't care about how the game goes, and then stayed pretty quiet up until now. To me, that seems pretty scummy. Second place in my suspicions is probably Falky for most of the reasons Aposke and Wareng have mentioned. I think Cup's pretty townsided, but I'm not sure. Cup seems pretty smart, so he could probably make a decent stab of appearing town while running maf. I don't think there's too much reason to suspect Pholtos in terms of facts, but who knows.
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

YOU KNOW WITH EVERY SINGLE FUCK CLAIMING HERE WE MIGHT AS WELL MASSCLAIM.
I'M VILLAGER TOO. COME AT ME, MAFIA
Dan

Post by Dan »

TheVulpineHero1 wrote:... room for the maf to think I was hunter or something and take a chance on hitting me .... you're calling for doc as hunter .... Most cops and hunter are accounted for and haven't yet been CC'd ...
I think you mean tracker. Hunter hasn't claimed and probably shouldn't unless there's a situation where we need some kind of arbitration in terms of who to lynch. Hopefully we don't reach a point where that's necessary, though, because things would have to be quite desperate.

e: is a massclaim really necessary or advisable even? I don't see your logic for doing that
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Wareng wrote:
TheVulpineHero1 wrote:... room for the maf to think I was hunter or something and take a chance on hitting me .... you're calling for doc as hunter .... Most cops and hunter are accounted for and haven't yet been CC'd ...
I think you mean tracker. Hunter hasn't claimed and probably shouldn't unless there's a situation where we need some kind of arbitration in terms of who to lynch. Hopefully we don't reach a point where that's necessary, though, because things would have to be quite desperate.

e: is a massclaim really necessary or advisable even? I don't see your logic for doing that
I was mostly being angry at people who claim when there's really no freaking need to. I don't actually encourage a massclaim, but we literally have 3 open town roles right now and this is turning out to be a like a fucking buffet for the mafia.
TheVulpineHero1
Party hazard fiesta mix

Aposke wrote:
Wareng wrote:

I was mostly being angry at people who claim when there's really no freaking need to. I don't actually encourage a massclaim, but we literally have 3 open town roles right now and this is turning out to be a like a fucking buffet for the mafia.
...I'm sorry? ;.; I didn't want mislynch which would fuck us royally at this point. (Also, yes, tracker is what I meant. Hunters usually track animals, so the two get mixed up in my brain.)

EDIT: For the first one quoted, I did mean hunter.
Last edited by TheVulpineHero1 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Broken image, apparently
Broken image
Dan

Post by Dan »

Jokes aside, I suppose it would get things moving. This day has been going on for 42 hours. I think an NL-by-default for taking too long would be more of a buffet for the mafia than our current situation.

But talking doesn't do much good does it? I'm going to go ahead and vote BTYM. I have no actual report-based evidence to back up my suspicions, mind you, but he has been acting scummy all game so he's my primary FoS for now.
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

I do agree that BTYM has been scummy, but I don't know if that's just him being BTYM.

I am significantly more suspicious of towel now because it really does seem like he is just coming in at the beginning of the day giving superfluous information to show he seems helpful and then goes away. I tihnk I'll just leave a vote on BTYM right now, but it could change, and I'd like to hear towel say something before the day ends.
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

You know, knowing there's other townies out there finding towel suspicious actually makes me FoS him even stronger. I'm not gonna vote him yet, but I expect an explanation from him tomorrow.
Anyways, voting BTYM to jump on the bandwagon and just finally end this day. I don't even care that much if he's mafia or not, this has been dragging out for far too long.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I guess I'll go with BTYM as well. The day has gone on a bit long hasn't it...
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

We got a pretty interesting list of situations but I guess we aren't getting much more. Ugh

I vote Cirnya again because not talking at all is pretty weird unless he really is inactive and in that case uh whatever you know

Cup

Post by Cup »

I imagine argue will kill off Cirnya eventually if he's important and not participating, or he's unimportant in which case lynching him wouldn't be super useful anyway and just having him around to be what's likely an extra +1 for town is nice.

Jumping on the BTYM bandwagon is okay by me though. This day has been long and for all the claiming we've had, we haven't really gotten anywhere. So sure, BTYM.