(shouting)

Cookie Dough MAFIA (SIGNUPS CLOSED)

Damn, it feels good to be a gangster.
Dan

Cookie Dough MAFIA (SIGNUPS CLOSED)

Post by Dan »

Signups are over! Please visit this thread to play
<Wareng> I have a great idea
Welcome to Mafia! As the users of the talkhaus cross the threshold from "desperately clinging to old habits" into "beating a dead horse" territory, the ghostly specter of everyone's least favorite fad follows them. Fear not, I shall be your guide through the gauntlet of horrors that is forums mafia. You will laugh, you will cry, you will stop lurking for a month and disappear. And absolutely none of it will be worth it.

So I guess this is a signups thread. It'll be open for a while since a couple of everyone's favorite members are on vacation right now but not too long because then everybody (myself included) will lose interest. I don't know what the first round's gimmick will be, or if it will even have one, so stay tuned to find out (or not, literally nobody wants to play this but I know people will anyway so why fight it)

What is mafia? Why should I care?
You shouldn't. Either way:
The basic premise of mafia is this: there are two teams, the town and the mafia. Obviously these two cannot live side by side, so the ultimate goal of each team is to destroy the other team. No townsperson knows who is mafia; therefore, much of the game is spent trying to weed out mafia members. To aid in this search, the town has several specialized roles. Among these are the cop, who investigates people to learn what team they are on, and the doctor, who can save people from being killed by the mafia. Both the town and the mafia have specialized roles, and the doctor and cop are not the only ones, but for the purpose of this intro I will not go into detail about each role.

The game is divided into two parts: night and day. At night, the mafia decides on who to kill and any other actions that may be available to them. In addition, any "power roles" from the town(e.g. cop, doctor) will send their actions to the host. Once all actions have been sent out, night ends. In the daytime, all players participate in a vote. They must decide on whom to lynch that day. The purpose of this is to lynch a mafia member, but as townspeople cannot tell who is mafia, it often ends with the lynching of one of their own. Daytime ends after the lynch.

The game continues in this way until either the mafia outnumbers the town, or the town outnumbers the mafia.
RULES!

Code: Select all

1. You do not talk about mafia outside of the thread. That means no theorizing, no asking "what's your role?", no nothing. If you are part of a team, like the mafia, you are allowed to discuss with them however and whenever you like. If you have this really great strategy planned out and you need to tell someone something to make it work, but no one else can see it, you'll have to send me a PM and I'll relay it. Of course, you can still talk about things like how great the game or the host is in IRC. 

2. You cannot post in the thread during the night, unless you just died and you'd like to make a last statement. Please do not include results of investigations such as "I investigated X and he was Y", or who your partners are, in your last statement. Basically, only really, really general stuff (or just something dumb), and nothing that can really change how the game is going. If you had something to say, you should've said it while you were alive.

3. The host is always right, and should not be doubted. The host never makes any mistakes (except when he does).

4. During the night, you must send me, the host, what you would like to do as a night action in a PM. If you don't choose a target in 48 hours, you will probably be killed and removed from play. Don't do this. If you have to go for a few days and can't play, PM me and we'll work something out.

5. During the day, everyone votes who should be lynched. Once a majority is reached, or everyone has either voted or resigned their vote, a 24 hour countdown starts, and once it ends, the person with the most votes is lynched.

6. Under no circumstances should you quote a PM from the host, or forge one by that matter. If you want to claim that you received a report, provide no other evidence than your own credibility.

7. The game ends when all mafia are dead, or when the mafia outnumbers the town.
:!: :!: :!: Please pay attention to that rule that says don't sign up if you're just going to sit there

MAFIA HALL OF FAME SHAME
Vanilla Mafia (Sillyman)
Caramel Mafia (Don Zanevsky)
Chocolate Mafia (Sillyman) (RIP Mafia #1)
Double Mint Chocolate Chip Mafia (Time Traveler)
Neapolitan Mafia (Don Zanevsky)
Mocha Moolatte Mafia (Argumentable)
Cookies 'n' Cream Mafia (limepie20)
Double Chocolate Mafia (Sillyman)
Secret Santa Mafia (O-Card) (RIP Mafia #2)
Vainilla Mafia (O-Card)
Butter Pecan Mafia (Don Zanevsky)
Strawberry Mafia (Argumentable) (RIP Mafia #3)

SIGNUPS
Nobody
Cobalt
AUS
Jesuiscontent
Bartle Bartle
Paperkoopa
Alex500
BTYM
O-Card
Baragon
Daarkbuu
Daniel Jackson (seriously???????????)
Aposke
limepie20
Tsurugi
BlueWizrobe
Last edited by Dan 11 years ago, edited 17 times in total.
Cobalt

Re: what game are we on MAFIA SIGNUPS

Post by Cobalt »

im sign up

BTW what flavor should this one be we're kind of running out
can YOU use the packet sauce?
Dan

Post by Dan »

Ask Game Freak
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

I'll ruin everything by joining. :ugeek:
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Post by Jesuiscontent »

I'm the worst mafia player (I join)

Paperkoopa

Post by Paperkoopa »

I don't really get how this works yet, but I'll join.
Dan

Post by Dan »

I'll make sure to kill you off in the first night then

Really though, if you don't understand how it works, just look at the wikipedia article for mafia or some of the old games. Even then, if you aren't completely braindead you'll figure it out when the game starts.
BTYM

Post by BTYM »

pick me
ImageImage
O-Card
what are you doing here
Pronouns: he/el

Post by O-Card »

why is my mafia op here

j
talkhaus: the singening
you must sing
MAFIA
yo yo yo play the game
Baragon
runs a noise label

Re: Cookie Dough MAFIA SIGNUPS

Post by Baragon »

IRC wrote:[20:11] <Bartality> Baragon: viewtopic.php?f=12&t=10868 there's a button on this page that says post reply and pressing it will bring you to another page and on that page you can write a message and put in the message "I join" and then look for the button that says submit and then press that and then you'll have joined mafia and do it now and please do
ok
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

why the fuck not
Aposke
Banned

Post by Aposke »

Signing up too, even though I'll only be able to be online like once a day.
GO holidays!
limepie20

Post by limepie20 »

sign me UP
Dan

Post by Dan »

Where is the girl? We usually have one girl player. Someone call Tsurugi or BlueWizrobe

e: and call Cup too
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni

Post by AUS »

is Cup a girl again?
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
Dan

Post by Dan »

No, we just can't start without him
Tsurugi

Post by Tsurugi »

You rang?
Dan

Post by Dan »

I don't know why but the idea of a sausage fest mafia just kinda unsettled me

e: Signups deadline is now the 18th, or when the limit of players is reached (which I haven't decided on)
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

My avatar is a girl. Does that count?
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I officially join
BlueWizrobe

Post by BlueWizrobe »

Don Zanevsky wrote:Where is the girl? We usually have one girl player. Someone call Tsurugi or BlueWizrobe

e: and call Cup too
Sure why not :)
Sign me up
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

Maybe Nah

PS I'm gonna ban people who hold up the game for spite back out now or don't visit the forums for however long I ban you
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
BlueWizrobe

Post by BlueWizrobe »

Argumentable wrote:Maybe

PS I'm gonna ban people who hold up the game for spite back out now or don't visit the forums for however long I ban you
The only issue on my end may be the whole time zone thing, don't know how long a day/night is supposed to go for in this game but if its a small enough time frame that I might be considered holding up the game then that's fine I will gracefully bow out. If not then that's cool too.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

That's different. Also 24 hours is a decent amount of time to give everybody to respond I think but I'm sure everyone would prefer if it didn't take that long. Then again, everybody gets so impatient during these
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Dan

Post by Dan »

Anomaly, as of right now you're not playing because I remember banning you from mafia for being retarded. I will look over the incident and report back later

e: stop signing up until I can figure out how many players I want