(shouting)

Spreadsheet of Level slots and Credits (ending scene here)

A vanilla VIP-like smw collab!
worldpeace125

Spreadsheet of Level slots and Credits (ending scene here)

Post by worldpeace125 »

We are almost done.

Report (spoilers)

Statistic (spoilers)
Level Slots (spoilers)
Multiperson Sublevels (spoilers)

Custom Music

ASM, Tools

Credits (level design, custom music, ASM)

I made some spreadsheets which are successors of the old ones in the claim thread. They are actually public but buried by other posts, so I decided to make a new thread instead.
I'm not going to renew spreadsheets about resources such as map16, sprites, etc, because there won't be many new contents anymore. Most slots are already occupied by completed levels, and only few levels are being made by 4-5 people now (and yeah, any further claim is not available).

I'm asking you all to check your username on the credit list. I heard some of you had changed your name and not applied to the database I inherited. Please let me know if your name in the list is wrong.
Last edited by worldpeace125 8 years ago, edited 5 times in total.
Ryrir
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: Progress report (Spreadsheet of Level slots and Credits)

Post by Ryrir »

Luigiman09 is now Quietprotag, and sturgyman is Sturg (I think they are the same person at least, correct me if I'm wrong haha)

The only other person who didn't show up when I searched for them was doownayr98, but I don't know if he deleted his account or changed his username.
this is getting laundromatic
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Thanks for the info, updated now
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Updated a list of custom music and credits for music. See the first post.

Currently porters of two songs are missing. I marked them with different colors. If someone knows their authors, please inform me. It would be a great help.
Also I'd like to ask you to correct wrong authors if they exist. Thanks.

The two songs are attached here.
Attachments
authormissing.zip
(61.82 KiB) Downloaded 487 times
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

Holy Sword came with original addmusic (presumably the author is one of gocha, homing, or 757).

Overture is from CV3 soundtrack on smwcentral - the song list has 'Overture (Ported by Atma and Nameless)'.
dont wanna jihad no more
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Thank you for the info.
Regarding "Overture", I will update the page soon. If I remember correctly, "Hi No Tori" was also one of songs included in the original addmusic like "Holy Sword". (If so, I doubt Romi is the author of it. Isn't Romi's addmusic something newer?)
I don't think it's possible to figure out who made those default songs for the old addmusic. Possibly one solution is to put "homing" into the credit list to cover all of those 3 candidates, and to actually use one of his songs just for the sake of it if they're still available.
mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

It's hard to tell which song slots are free based on the sheet, though I do think they're all in order.
I wish to reserve the next 3 open slots.
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

You're right about Hi No Tori (again the author would be one of those three guys).

In case of interest, here are the original addmusic songs (titles.txt identifies the songs).
27addmusicsongs.rar
dont wanna jihad no more
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

ASM list is almost completed too. Here's the list in advance. I will update the document as soon as it's done.
Note that level-wise ASM including levelasm wasn't included here for now because it fits sprite design/level design section more, or because it is too simple(e.g. just setting some RAM values). Mostly tools, system(global) patches were considered.

Code: Select all

Alcaro
BMF54123
Chdata
edit1754
FuSoYa
Homing
imamelia
Kaijyuu
Kipernal
Ladida
lolcats439
mikeyk
morsel/morceau
p4plus2
Ramp202
Romi
Smallhacker
smkdan
spel werdz rite
worldpeace125
By the way, can I know what these codes do and who coded them? They are the ones in asar_patch.asm

org $05d923
		autoclean jsl BillFixSub
		nop
		(...)
	BillFixSub:
		lda.b #$01
		sta.w $1411
		lda.w $1413
		bne .return
		rep #$20
		stz.w $1466
		stz.b $1e
		sep #$20
	.return
		rtl

;scroll
	org $80f700
		autoclean jml scrollfix

freecode
	scrollfix:
		lda.w $1468
		sta.w $20
		sep #$20
		lda.b $5b
		lsr
		bcc .horzlevel
	.vertlevel
		rep #$20
		lda.l $7f8321
		cmp.w $1464
		sep #$20
		lda.b #$00
		bcs $02
		lda.b #$02
		sta.b $56
		rep #$20
		jml $80f75c
	.horzlevel
		rep #$20
		lda.l $7f831f
		cmp.w $1462
		sep #$20
		lda.b #$00
		bcs $02
		lda.b #$02
		sta.b $55
		rep #$20
		lda.l $7f8323
		cmp.w $1466
		sep #$20
		lda.b #$00
		bcs $02
		lda.b #$02
		sta.b $56
		rep #$20
		jml $80f70d
mellonpizza wrote:It's hard to tell which song slots are free based on the sheet, though I do think they're all in order.
I wish to reserve the next 3 open slots.
The document focuses on what are already done. The main purpose is to summarize what/how many things have been completed and to inform which things were done by whom. (i.e. progress and credits) But it seems I didn't make it clear.
The songs were sorted in alphabetic order.
We have many open slots by the way, so feel free to pick some of them. You might want to see Addmusic_list.txt instead.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

I remember using some things of ping (certainly mario exgfx) and yoshi_65c816 (_ is some sort of symbol), so they should be credited (sorry for not keeping better track of things).

The code:
-first one is layer 2 initial position (why is it coupled with the silent bullet fix?).
-second one is unknown; initially, I thought it fixed a vram patch bug (under some conditions (?) the camera will scroll to the side even though you're not moving forward when walking into a wall) but later I found that bug was still there, so who knows (code is by homing).
dont wanna jihad no more
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Updated the list regarding ASM this time. See the first post.

Next will be sprites, graphics, overworld, and etc.

Please let me know if I missed someone. Thanks!
morsel/morceau wrote:I remember using some things of ping (certainly mario exgfx) and yoshi_65c816 (_ is some sort of symbol), so they should be credited (sorry for not keeping better track of things).

The code:
-first one is layer 2 initial position (why is it coupled with the silent bullet fix?).
-second one is unknown; initially, I thought it fixed a vram patch bug (under some conditions (?) the camera will scroll to the side even though you're not moving forward when walking into a wall) but later I found that bug was still there, so who knows (code is by homing).
There's a patch that fixes sumo brother's flame on smwcentral. It seems a newer version. The one created by yoshi_65c816 doesn't cover the glitch which messes up the sprite tables, so I guess it's better to use the other version.
Obviously that layer 2 reset code is different from the one hosted on smwcentral (I wasn't able to find the exact one). For now, I put "H:None BG Scroll Reset Patch made by edit1754" on the sheet, but it should be fixed.
morsel/morceau

Post by morsel/morceau »

The layer 2 reset on smwcentral was edited (I think by lui37) to force the y position to an arbitrary constant (not a good idea as the rising layer 2 effect in one of the valley of bowser levels would break); this patch is just the earlier one (by smwedit). I think I avoided using the 'stronger' sumo patch in case the warping effect on slot 0 items could be used as a trick (save it for JUMP 2?).
dont wanna jihad no more
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

New levels that I received and new claims were applied to the sheet(level slots, multiperson sublevels, statistic)
Heraga

Post by Heraga »

I noticed that my submitted finished level isn't on the list. Is there there a reason?
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Nin wrote:I noticed that my submitted finished level isn't on the list. Is there there a reason?
Look carefully the list again. It is around world 1.
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

Except world 9, I managed to complete the overworld events, which will be available in the next base rom.

I prepared a space for B-side to place "Shell Sitter" and anonymousbl00dlust's new level(SEE the list of level slots). These two exits in the world will be actually counted but won't be mandatory to obtain the star mark. If the number of all exits is 123, for example, *121, *122, and *123 are possible.

The only level whose location isn't decided yet is EvilGuy0613's new level, becasue I have no information about its difficulty or theme. This level can be inserted into the middle of a certain world later.

Also I organized the credit list.
Like what ASMT did, contributors are divided into "in-house" and "out-house" to avoid misunderstanding like "did Anikiti make some graphics specifically for this project!?"(well this case is too extreme to happen). Things imported from outside are regarded as out-house, while users who actually have to do with the progress of this project are included in "in-house".

Check if your works or what you imported aren't credited, since it's very possible for me to forget some of them.
worldpeace125

Re: Spreadsheet of Level slots and Credits (ending scene here)

Post by worldpeace125 »

The credit list was applied to the rom.

(SPOILER: This video is supposed to be checked by those who are involved in this collab.)

mellonpizza
working
First name: pizza

Post by mellonpizza »

That music piece is excellent. What is it? Did you port it yourself?
I'm not a YTPMV'er. My goal is towards learning music and eventually making my own content with what I like (in this case ponies). I'm still studying how music works and this is what I can do so far, so to all the ytpmv'ers out there: Please stop following my videos, cause I'm not interested in making chiptune music with your rules you set up on how to make YTPMV's. Also I'd appreciate if you guys would lay off bronies in the comment section, cause these are made for them and not for people who
worldpeace125

Post by worldpeace125 »

The song is known as "Ask to Wind"(engrish I guess?) from DJMAX.

The port was based on a quite inaccurate midi and I didn't like its bass which I had to accept for a rushed port. But thanks anyway.

e: I eventually fixed a part that I really can't bear with