(shouting)

Revenge Of Random Week

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Time Traveler

Re: Revenge Of Random Week

Post by Time Traveler »

raocow wrote:It's a private request done before the 'banning' rules. Don't worry, it's kosher.
Okay, thanks for the clarification. That just kind of bugged me!
Oh yeah, I hope you played through the rest of the game off camera - the ending is by far the best part.
Time Traveler's Textor
Don't Wait! Get it now and be the part of fun! You will Amaze at super high quality of fine application? We are working very hardly to making assure of quality in our program. For you and your family.

Click here to download TTT Version 3.0!
Click here to download TTT Version &.%2!
Click here to download the latest version of Java!
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

Haven't played Braid so correct me if I'm wrong:

I gather that there are similarities in style and plot but isn't the core mechanic in the two games different? Braid uses time travel, whereas CoM uses clones.
My point is completely invalid if as a time power in one of the levels you can do the same thing though, like a kind of re-run time or something, so...yeah.

Enjoying random week so far, looking forward to tomorrow's video.
Pixie casts Dekunda. Insufficient MP!
StarkMaximum

Post by StarkMaximum »

Oh my god I hate The Company Of Myself, it is absolutely terrible. The gameplay has an interesting concept, but the last levels are annoyingly hard and the ending is absolutely awful and renders the entire game pointless, it's like "Well gee, if I want to make a Flash version of Braid,I've also got to have an unsatisfying ending that makes my character horribly unlikable! Because playing as a character who's not at all heroic or good in any sense is dark and edgy, and that's good! It doesn't need to be worked in well, it just needs to be dark and edgy!" I don't even know if I can watch this because I don't think I can stand listening to raocow talk about how amazing it is like he does for just about anything he hasn't seen before.
raocow wrote:I'M SO GOD DAMN WACKY
Time Traveler

Post by Time Traveler »

StarkMaximum wrote:Oh my god I hate The Company Of Myself, it is absolutely terrible. The gameplay has an interesting concept, but the last levels are annoyingly hard and the ending is absolutely awful and renders the entire game pointless, it's like "Well gee, if I want to make a Flash version of Braid,I've also got to have an unsatisfying ending that makes my character horribly unlikable! Because playing as a character who's not at all heroic or good in any sense is dark and edgy, and that's good! It doesn't need to be worked in well, it just needs to be dark and edgy!" I don't even know if I can watch this because I don't think I can stand listening to raocow talk about how amazing it is like he does for just about anything he hasn't seen before.
haha what

All of the levels were pretty easy; the only one I found to be kind of annoying was the last one, but it still wasn't too bad, and didn't ruin the rest of the game for me. I also do not see how the ending "was not worked in well," since if you actually look at the rest of the game after the ending it all makes perfect sense. I didn't EXPECT that ending, but that's not a bad thing. Quite the contrary, really. It's not like some random ending which came out of nowhere. It seems as though any game which has anything other than a happy sunshine flowers ending is immediately rejected due to nothing but that reason alone, and I really don't understand why people feel this way. Although such an ending is often done quite poorly in an attempt to be edgy like you say, in the case of this game I did not find it to be that way at all.

P.S. I still have no idea whatsoever why people are comparing this to braid
Time Traveler's Textor
Don't Wait! Get it now and be the part of fun! You will Amaze at super high quality of fine application? We are working very hardly to making assure of quality in our program. For you and your family.

Click here to download TTT Version 3.0!
Click here to download TTT Version &.%2!
Click here to download the latest version of Java!
StarkMaximum

Post by StarkMaximum »

Maybe I'm just bitter because I hate games that do that kind of thing anyway and it seemed to come out of nowhere to me, and it painted my opinion.
raocow wrote:I'M SO GOD DAMN WACKY
Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing »

flameofdoubt wrote:I gather that there are similarities in style and plot but isn't the core mechanic in the two games different? Braid uses time travel, whereas CoM uses clones.
My point is completely invalid if as a time power in one of the levels you can do the same thing though, like a kind of re-run time or something, so...yeah.
Part of Braid has you doing stuff, then going back in time, and your previous-self dude from your first playthrough does the stuff you did while you run around doing other stuff a la cloning. Here for an example off the top of my head.

Part of my College's big "You are a student and you are happy here" program had a series of lectures which were mandatory to attend. One of which was an indie game developer whose name eludes me at the moment, who basically ranted about how videogames are a commercial medium and not art and that's wrong because Braid is an awesome game. Then I saw that LP of Braid and went, "... Yeah, I'll stick to the grey and boring capitalistic commercial medium-view, thank you."

E: Jason Rohrer, that was his name. Never played any of his things, though.
raocow wrote:Next LP project - the entire hunter/scorpion series in chronological order
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

Ah, thanks, in that case it's a clone of a tiny part of braid then, intentional or not.

I do have another question, how did other people do the last level? I just spammed clones at different starting times until enough were falling they could jump off each others' heads and then I jumped off their heads...but surely there must be a less messy way, I feel like I cheated by circumventing however the puzzle was really supposed to be done. Did I?
Pixie casts Dekunda. Insufficient MP!
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Time Traveler wrote:P.S. I still have no idea whatsoever why people are comparing this to braid
That.
What sort of murderer uses a Samurai Slap?
Sillyman

Post by Sillyman »

flameofdoubt wrote:Ah, thanks, in that case it's a clone of a tiny part of braid then, intentional or not.

I do have another question, how did other people do the last level? I just spammed clones at different starting times until enough were falling they could jump off each others' heads and then I jumped off their heads...but surely there must be a less messy way, I feel like I cheated by circumventing however the puzzle was really supposed to be done. Did I?
Seriously though it's not a clone of Braid at all, there are older games that did the same thing. (and, notably, without massive amounts of pretentious!)

An example: About a quarter of Jay Is Games' Casual Gameplay Design Competition #3 (theme: replay).
And now the coast is clear, I just need to deal... with my number one fan.
Riku~n, why do you keep wanting to murder me like this?
I wouldn't mind that smile so much if your skin wasn't made of poison for some reason.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

StarkMaximum wrote:Maybe I'm just bitter
Fixed that for you.

Looked like a really great game; you figured out the puzzles before I did, raocow *bows*. Though this really was the right length of video, I think; more would become boring. Was a great impression, if I'm bored sometime, I'll try it!

Simon
kilon

Post by kilon »

That was an.. interesting video.

I wonder how many people actually pay money for that game.
Blinx

Post by Blinx »

I'M ON A BOAT
asdf
Thingy.

Post by Thingy. »

Blinx wrote:I'M ON A BOAT
what
IceSoldier

Post by IceSoldier »

Blinx wrote:I'M ON A BOAT
EVERYBODY LOOK AT ME, 'CAUSE I'M SAILING ON A BOAT
Yay for not viewing signatures!
mateo360

Post by mateo360 »

That was defiantly an interesting game. The over world reminds me of the over world for TMNT for the NES.
AirPump

Post by AirPump »

I'm surprised that you knew what A Modest Proposal is about, considering that English isn't your first language. Well played.
VideoGuy

Post by VideoGuy »

This is probably the most philosophical commentary I've ever seen in a raocow video. He should do stupid games more often!

Why would anyone in their right mind pay money for that, really?
Accepting any and all ASM requests for A2MT. Just send me a PM.
Note: If I accepted your ASM request and you never heard back from me, please let me know. I feel like I've forgotten a few of them.
Also the creator of the new A2MT CMS. PM me if you have any questions.
Youtube Channel
metaking

Post by metaking »

VideoGuy wrote:Why would anyone in their right mind pay money for that, really?
Boredoom.
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

Out of all the games so far, I disliked this one the most.
<SNN> WHO DARES
<Kristian> TO TRY TO STOP THE TIME BOMB?!
Patashu

Post by Patashu »

Kristian wrote:Out of all the games so far, I disliked this one the most.
You'd be hard-pressed to find someone to disagree with you.
Alexander

Post by Alexander »

Are there any L.P.ers who just do a random week type thing?
Like, just play random games one time only.

Also,
Patashu wrote:
Kristian wrote:Out of all the games so far, I disliked this one the most.
You'd be hard-pressed to find someone to disagree with you.
I agree with him.
What sort of murderer uses a Samurai Slap?
pixisticks

Post by pixisticks »

As a female, I can pretty much guarantee you that I would totally suck at Multitask. (Sure, I can do it in real life, but pressing all those keys at once without getting mixed up? Insanity!) :D
kilon

Post by kilon »

WCZ? who is that.

Also, lookingat the video, this actually wasn't that good of a suggestion as the commentary suffers and filling close tot 10 minutes of it is quite a lot.

Also, hey why wasn't I online there? :shock:
yeah.
Alex-R

Post by Alex-R »

kilon wrote:WCZ? who is that.
wooosh-y cookie zeuz, YCZs evil twin brother.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

kilon wrote:WCZ? who is that.

Also, lookingat the video, this actually wasn't that good of a suggestion as the commentary suffers and filling close tot 10 minutes of it is quite a lot.

Also, hey why wasn't I online there? :shock:
yeah.
I like this video if only because it's the exact opposite of yesterday's.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage