smbx communitysmw centralirc.cat.bio

firefox related css updates (bbcode/shoutbox) - ctrl-f5 if they're still jacked up for you

Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep56a - Attack of the Donuts [Navy Blue Palace]

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
User avatar
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
Posts: 624
Joined: 2 years ago
First name: Tom
Location: The North

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep38 - A Long Long Castle [Into the Sky Castle!]

Postby QubicTom » 4 weeks ago

Wow, so there was a boss at the end of Onwards to Moscow in the past? I had completely forgotten - I'll look back at raocow's video to see what Serac was like to fight.

I think the Tails_155 landmasses work pretty well here for this castle level. Yet another thwomp level (with a brand new type of thwomp too!)
Ep38 - A Long Long Castle

Voting options (now accurate!):
A.D.D. - limepie20
Forest Fever - TwoHeadedYoshi
Mad Science Laboratory - JVyrn
P.Key's Mansion - 7TC7
Sky Castle West - Pheonix
Super Vehicle 00c Onwards to Moscow- Terry van Feleday
Wrathful Romp - fieryblaze

User avatar
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy
Posts: 402
Joined: 6 months ago

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep38 - A Long Long Castle [Into the Sky Castle!]

Postby Tobi555 » 4 weeks ago

QubicTom wrote:Wow, so there was a boss at the end of Onwards to Moscow in the past? I had completely forgotten - I'll look back at raocow's video to see what Serac was like to fight.
Well, "boss" if you could call it one XD The graphic used for the boss was a placeholder by Terry but the community created Serac during raocow's episode and added her to the lore and as a result she was redesigned by the A2XT team to be used there. Also, don't worry Franky's 1 other level in A2MT isn't as relentless :P Also my vote goes to A.D.D.

User avatar
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
Posts: 624
Joined: 2 years ago
First name: Tom
Location: The North

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep39 - Ritalin Lime Pie [A.D.D.]

Postby QubicTom » 3 weeks ago

The unanimous winner of the vote was A.D.D. by limepie20!
Ep39 - Ritalin Lime Pie

Voting options:
Block Fort - 7TC7
Forest Fever - TwoHeadedYoshi
I Need a P - Septentrion Pleiades
Mad Science Laboratory - JVyrn
P.Key's Mansion - 7TC7
Sky Castle West - Pheonix
Wrathful Romp - fieryblaze

User avatar
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy
Posts: 402
Joined: 6 months ago

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep39 - Ritalin Lime Pie [A.D.D.]

Postby Tobi555 » 3 weeks ago

Pretty good episode! Voting for Mad Science Laboratory :) Tryin' to push ya closer to a switch palace :P

EDIT: Also if I remember correctly A2XT EP.2 is using A2MT's default big boo for that episode. :lol:

User avatar
Lockirby2
Posts: 106
Joined: 1 year ago
Location: Ontario, Canada
Contact:

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep39 - Ritalin Lime Pie [A.D.D.]

Postby Lockirby2 » 3 weeks ago

Tobi555 wrote: EDIT: Also if I remember correctly A2XT EP.2 is using A2MT's default big boo for that episode. :lol:
Well, I guess I'm going to be replacing that graphic on my copy then. >.>

User avatar
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
Posts: 624
Joined: 2 years ago
First name: Tom
Location: The North

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep39 - Ritalin Lime Pie [A.D.D.]

Postby QubicTom » 3 weeks ago

Tobi555 wrote:Pretty good episode! Voting for Mad Science Laboratory :) Tryin' to push ya closer to a switch palace :P
Oooh, so is that what I unlocked today? Which on in the credits list is it? :)

This has got nothing on my old lab, I'm telling you :lol:
Ep40 - Mad Science Gone Too Far

Voting options:
Block Fort - 7TC7
Forest Fever - TwoHeadedYoshi
I Need a P - Septentrion Pleiades
P.Key's Mansion - 7TC7
Sky Castle West - Pheonix
Wrathful Romp - fieryblaze
?????? - ?????? <- possibly a switch palace

User avatar
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy
Posts: 402
Joined: 6 months ago

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep39 - Ritalin Lime Pie [A.D.D.]

Postby Tobi555 » 3 weeks ago

QubicTom wrote: Oooh, so is that what I unlocked today? Which on in the credits list is it? :)
Every switch palace has no name on purpose and is designated by a castle tile. The reason for that and why I can't tell you which one of the sections is by who, is because you get to decide which palace section you do :P That's how this game set it up to be specially that way. The sections are listed at the bottom of the credits list. You have to play through one to understand what I mean :) Voting for the Switch Palace even though Sky world isn't done yet XD The first section your in for that palace is the Rainbow Star section by Lv27MarkerMMan but the next section is up to you when you get there.

User avatar
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
Posts: 624
Joined: 2 years ago
First name: Tom
Location: The North

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep39 - Ritalin Lime Pie [A.D.D.]

Postby QubicTom » 3 weeks ago

Tobi555 wrote:The first section you're in for that palace is the Rainbow Star section by Lv27MarkerMMan but the next section is up to you when you get there.
According to the credit list there are 8 switch palace sections. Is it possible to visit all 8 in one playthrough? Or will I have to place a save state to visit them all?

User avatar
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy
Posts: 402
Joined: 6 months ago

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep39 - Ritalin Lime Pie [A.D.D.]

Postby Tobi555 » 3 weeks ago

QubicTom wrote:
Tobi555 wrote:The first section you're in for that palace is the Rainbow Star section by Lv27MarkerMMan but the next section is up to you when you get there.
According to the credit list there are 8 switch palace sections. Is it possible to visit all 8 in one playthrough? Or will I have to place a save state to visit them all?
You'll play all 8 normally don't worry it's required, no need to place savestates C: Any more explaining will probs confuse you. :lol: You'll see what I mean when you go through it :P

User avatar
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Posts: 1560
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep40 - Mad Science Gone Too Far [Mad Science Laboratory]

Postby raocow » 3 weeks ago

you should probably still name them 'switch palace' or something

like just having a nameless spot makes it look unintentional and unfinished,

Haha, actually, you should name all four of them that way then?

Nameless
Undefined
Deliberately Blank Level Name
?

so you keep the 'namelessness' but it doesn't feel as awkward.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Image
Image
Image
ImageImage

User avatar
Ryrir
Posts: 336
Joined: 3 years ago
Pronouns: he/him/his
Location: Switzerland

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep40 - Mad Science Gone Too Far [Mad Science Laboratory]

Postby Ryrir » 3 weeks ago

If you're going to play a switch palace next, let me post my completely subjective ordering of the usefulness of them:

Green: You'd think this one would be the useful one because it gives you feathers, right? Wrong, this game never uses green switch blocks, ever. Other than in like one or two levels, this one is pretty useless.

Red: If you never want to backtrack at all, you should definitely get this one first, because there's a level where you can't get the chest unless you have the red switch pressed. Another level gets significantly easier if you have it. Overall this one is more useful than you'd think.

Yellow: There are a few levels that actually use yellow blocks, so you should probably get this one early-ish.

Blue: Doesn't do much.

So the preferred sequence of switch pressing should be something like this: Yellow>Red>Green>Blue


That being said, I vote for Block Fort.
this is getting laundromatic

User avatar
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy
Posts: 402
Joined: 6 months ago

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep40 - Mad Science Gone Too Far [Mad Science Laboratory]

Postby Tobi555 » 3 weeks ago

Ryrir wrote:If you're going to play a switch palace next, let me post my completely subjective ordering of the usefulness of them:

Green: You'd think this one would be the useful one because it gives you feathers, right? Wrong, this game never uses green switch blocks, ever. Other than in like one or two levels, this one is pretty useless.

Red: If you never want to backtrack at all, you should definitely get this one first, because there's a level where you can't get the chest unless you have the red switch pressed. Another level gets significantly easier if you have it. Overall this one is more useful than you'd think.

Yellow: There are a few levels that actually use yellow blocks, so you should probably get this one early-ish.

Blue: Doesn't do much.

So the preferred sequence of switch pressing should be something like this: Yellow>Red>Green>Blue


That being said, I vote for Block Fort.
The switch palaces are obviously supposed to be some of the hardest level's considering your entire game is centered around finding them. I'm kinda curious how your run through them went :P
raocow wrote:stuff
If anything they'd just be called "Switch Palace" for each one I'm not to clever with names :P

User avatar
GlitchMr
:)
Posts: 418
Joined: 7 years ago
First name: Konrad Borowski
Location: Switzerland

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep40 - Mad Science Gone Too Far [Mad Science Laboratory]

Postby GlitchMr » 3 weeks ago

I vote for " ".

User avatar
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Posts: 1560
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep40 - Mad Science Gone Too Far [Mad Science Laboratory]

Postby raocow » 3 weeks ago

I mean honestly yeah even just 'switch palace' would be an improvement
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Image
Image
Image
ImageImage

User avatar
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
Posts: 624
Joined: 2 years ago
First name: Tom
Location: The North

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep40 - Mad Science Gone Too Far [Mad Science Laboratory]

Postby QubicTom » 3 weeks ago

So are Switch Palaces end game difficulty, or am I just having an even worse than normal play session of A2MT? The episode I recorded today is going to be scrapped it was so bad.

User avatar
GlitchMr
:)
Posts: 418
Joined: 7 years ago
First name: Konrad Borowski
Location: Switzerland

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep40 - Mad Science Gone Too Far [Mad Science Laboratory]

Postby GlitchMr » 3 weeks ago

QubicTom wrote:So are Switch Palaces end game difficulty, or am I just having an even worse than normal play session of A2MT? The episode I recorded today is going to be scrapped it was so bad.
They are pretty much hardest levels in A2MT.

User avatar
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Posts: 1560
Joined: 7 years ago
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep40 - Mad Science Gone Too Far [Mad Science Laboratory]

Postby raocow » 3 weeks ago

yeah uhm. like, they are 'the' endgame basically. Harder than JUMP's endgame.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Image
Image
Image
ImageImage

User avatar
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy
Posts: 402
Joined: 6 months ago

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep40 - Mad Science Gone Too Far [Mad Science Laboratory]

Postby Tobi555 » 3 weeks ago

These levels are indeed endgame difficulty since they're at the end of the 4 path's.

User avatar
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
Posts: 624
Joined: 2 years ago
First name: Tom
Location: The North

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep40 - Mad Science Gone Too Far [Mad Science Laboratory]

Postby QubicTom » 3 weeks ago

raocow wrote:yeah uhm. like, they are 'the' endgame basically. Harder than JUMP's endgame.
GlitchMr wrote:They are pretty much hardest levels in A2MT.
Maybe I chose the easiest ones first by mistake - they weren't too bad! The rooms had a difficulty similar to something from Shattered Dreams, maybe. The recording time of each half was similar to that of a normal level for me.
Tobi555 wrote:These levels are indeed endgame difficulty since they're at the end of the 4 path's.
That makes sense. So I should expect on in each Outer Circle then, obviously.

Forget puzzles or a bonus room, Switch Palaces in A2MT are works of art.
Ep41 - Mondrian Masterpiece and Plasma Chucks

User avatar
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy
Posts: 402
Joined: 6 months ago

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep40 - Mad Science Gone Too Far [Mad Science Laboratory]

Postby Tobi555 » 3 weeks ago

QubicTom wrote: That makes sense. So I should expect on in each Outer Circle then, obviously.
Exactly, another thing to note is that the blocks don't spread out of the palaces in this game because how SMW handles level tiles is that an event is tied to the tile so if the level tile has the blue block event but you end up getting the red switch in the level the overworld will still activate the event associated with that tile which would be the blue block event. So we disabled the OW events for the block scattering animations as a result :) Great Job on the first switch palace Tom! Don't forget to re-enter a level since you can't re-enter switch palace levels (since players could abuse that and get all the palaces from 1 level) I vote to clean up Sky world starting with Sky Castle West :P

User avatar
GlitchMr
:)
Posts: 418
Joined: 7 years ago
First name: Konrad Borowski
Location: Switzerland

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep41 - Mondrian Masterpiece and Plasma Chucks [Yellow Switch Palace]

Postby GlitchMr » 3 weeks ago

- A2MT - Challenge Chiptune

Congratulation!

User avatar
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
Posts: 624
Joined: 2 years ago
First name: Tom
Location: The North

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep40 - Mad Science Gone Too Far [Mad Science Laboratory]

Postby QubicTom » 3 weeks ago

Tobi555 wrote:you can't re-enter switch palace levels (since players could abuse that and get all the palaces from 1 level) I vote to clean up Sky world starting with Sky Castle West :P
I could indeed re-enter the Switch Palace! But I didn't cheat and get the other ones, I promise! :D

In the credit list, the author's name is listed as "Pheonix", which is misspelled. Is that correct? In any case, a neat little level!
Ep42 - Coupon Castle to the West

User avatar
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy
Posts: 402
Joined: 6 months ago

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep40 - Mad Science Gone Too Far [Mad Science Laboratory]

Postby Tobi555 » 3 weeks ago

QubicTom wrote:
Tobi555 wrote:you can't re-enter switch palace levels (since players could abuse that and get all the palaces from 1 level) I vote to clean up Sky world starting with Sky Castle West :P
I could indeed re-enter the Switch Palace! But I didn't cheat and get the other ones, I promise! :D

In the credit list, the author's name is listed as "Pheonix", which is misspelled. Is that correct? In any case, a neat little level!
Ep42 - Coupon Castle to the West
What? 0.o That's not possible all the switch palaces are set to not let you re-enter after being beaten. Weird, I'll look into it.

EDIT: Soooo, after looking through the overworld in LM it still shows it's set to "No entry when beaten" so I have no idea how that happened to you.

EDIT2: If you could, please try to enter Deja Vu in beach world and let me know if the yellow blocks are there for you :)

User avatar
QubicTom
Pleasantly Confused
Posts: 624
Joined: 2 years ago
First name: Tom
Location: The North

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep40 - Mad Science Gone Too Far [Mad Science Laboratory]

Postby QubicTom » 3 weeks ago

Tobi555 wrote:What? 0.o That's not possible all the switch palaces are set to not let you re-enter after being beaten. Weird, I'll look into it.

EDIT: Soooo, after looking through the overworld in LM it still shows it's set to "No entry when beaten" so I have no idea how that happened to you.

EDIT2: If you could, please try to enter Deja Vu in beach world and let me know if the yellow blocks are there for you :)
I can confirm that the Yellow Switch block in Deja Vu is active :) This issue could have happened due to changing up between versions. I've been carrying over the .srm from one version to the next, and then swapping saves when changing emulator too. Maybe something was set wrong in one version that has propagated? Or maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about :lol: Anyway, I promise not to abuse this switch palace glitch!

And now for a level that's much too long and much too demanding. Each half is so long I had to split them into their own videos.
Ep43a - Candy Cane Spike Tunnels and Milk

User avatar
Tobi555
New A2MT Guy
Posts: 402
Joined: 6 months ago

Re: Let's Play A2MT: The Fixed Edition! - Ep40 - Mad Science Gone Too Far [Mad Science Laboratory]

Postby Tobi555 » 3 weeks ago

QubicTom wrote: I can confirm that the Yellow Switch block in Deja Vu is active :) This issue could have happened due to changing up between versions. I've been carrying over the .srm from one version to the next, and then swapping saves when changing emulator too. Maybe something was set wrong in one version that has propagated? Or maybe I have no idea what I'm talking about :lol: Anyway, I promise not to abuse this switch palace glitch!

And now for a level that's much too long and much too demanding. Each half is so long I had to split them into their own videos.
Ep43a - Candy Cane Spike Tunnels and Milk
Oh your right I totally forgot about that, some overworld stuff doesn't carry over for new versions mid save file, new overworld path's and level tile settings are some of them. That's one of them since for 1.6 I believe I forgot to make them un-enterable upon completion unfortunately oh well thank's for not abusing the switch palace :lol: Version 1.9.1 should be out today for a few bug fixes and labeling switch palace's. :)


Return to “let's play”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: QubicTom and 2 guests

cron