(shouting)

MaGL X2 - Cat Planet × Pokemon OTP

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: MaGL X2 - Talkhaus x Waluigi OTP

Post by Slimeman01 »

Nathan the Talkmaus wrote:Image
Yay people acknowledge Brawl in the Family
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

We did good, guys :3

Also I was kinda super happy to see Kapus did a PdP section, it was really cute and gives me some neat ideas, but I was sort of expecting there to be a "sister" section right beside it from Medley. Pun not intentional. The whole relay was really about good feelings combined with engaging obstacles and a couple things that were actually hard... and then some of you made zigzag square rooms :P But it's okay. It was a non-stop train of fun as far as I care.

Fun.

Heh.

Heh heh.

Fun. That's what raocow is in for today.

I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Razzling
Maximum gay
First name: Josie
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Razzling »

All waluigi does is try to take a nap and someone kills an elf, truly the saddest part of this relay.

But today we have learned: raocow has an unending fear of planes that will never leave him.
(I like how the planes are from a snes game i really enjoy which is imaged here)
I love you video game plane i can destroy

But man, this was a really nice relay, considering the, controversy, of some stages in the previous one, this one was just really nice, with fireballs saying nice things and luigi was there.

I can't wait to see what the next relay holds
:trans_pride:
Sniggerb0bble
These arms ain't ever going down.

Post by Sniggerb0bble »

Ah man, I'm so glad that the rest of the relay turned out super awesome. This was a joy to be a part of, and it ended up being a lot of fun to watch.

I don't feel I can really comment on particular sections for the most part, however, Pyro's section amused me if only because now in Afterbirth, with all his unlocks, The Lost is actually a pretty decent and fun character to play. Controversy, ho!
Zephyr_DragonLord
The dragon awakens...!
First name: Zach

Re: MaGL X2 - Kind words x Waluigi x Mike OTP

Post by Zephyr_DragonLord »

Oh man, that was so good. I loved that ending screen and the beginning of the second half. We all need more happy rinkas. I'm proud of all of your efforts...

...By the way, this is all canon. Waluigi deserves all those nice words after such an awful night.
Now to see raocow fail at bosses for a few hours... (we know it's going to happen)
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)
FluffyMeatloaf
a delectable bean burrito

Post by FluffyMeatloaf »

Didn't 'Too bad. Waluigi Time' originate from Brawl in the Family, though...?

You (still) only have yourself to blame (part 2)

SAJEWERS (continued) - Poor housing complex. And also Megaman and Link, apparently. Nice seeing Batafire again, though.
ARABSALMON - Words of wisdom from Chuck with some fences as things become more hazardous, but not too much so. Cool barbed wire, also.
MIKKOFIER - Some mildly messy prizes for hitting the wrong blocks. Good shout out to translation support, also. And donut dancing to avoid fireballs.
LEJES - Good ol' Crocomire. Looks like fun spamming the fireballs, though it's a shame it only lasts as long as Crocomire does, ha.
CIRNO - Glad Batafire waits patiently (kind of, a little) during this obstacle bit. Neat use of upward slime launching, even though hitting the lava would be pretty unfortunate. That pretty much goes for all instances of lava, though.
DRAGON FOGEL - Nopor Puss is still funny, and also capable of self-replication it seems.
MAIKU WOTAHARU - Gotta have trivia in there. And bacon strips of lava, also. I wonder if anyone took up the torch to have Serac ask more questions after this? [ispoiler]The answer seems to be nope.[/ispoiler]
CHEEZ8 - I like the firebar brinstar cloud platforms, even if the second one is a bit too crazy, ha.
ZMONBOBBO - Nothing like a round of applause from the snapping mouths of several giant Piranha Plants. Points for Luigi also being there.
FLUFFYMEATLOAF - Yep.
GALAXYOFJ - A pleasant, colorful stroll for sure. Something funny about the friendly saw.
BLUE KIRBY - D'oh, Goomba'd. And Hammer'd. Trappy trap section, yo. Also Dedede.
ADAMWCZ - Spiffy glitchy transition. Waluigi time is over, though.
SPOONYBARDOL - Too bad, more Wal- oop, nope, ganked by Peach, ha.
ORANGECHICKENPASTA - I like the bomb resprite, even if I'm not entirely sure what it might be based on.
SEDRON - Snow and ice is cool fancy. Nice to provide some hidden extra lives, too, since this looks like it can be a bit of a dicey screen.
ZATSUPACHI - It is pretty neat how the hover works in a sinking environment. The one tile (icy) platforms still look like they can be a bit tough all the same.
AQUALAKITU - You can sure fit a crazy variety of stuff in a question block. The locked door is funny.
MINNAKHT - Nice minimalist aesthetic. Also cool to accommodate Peach's throwing curve.
SHARKNURSE - That's a pretty cool time stop bit, especially how the one block stays in place afterward. That's a mechanic to keep in mind.
KAPUS - Okay, now I get the bomb reference. Funny interpretation of the puzzle game here, but some caution is needed to not get blow'd up.
DANDDJOSH2000 - Something silly about continuing the rock blasting, here, ha. I guess the Koopa shells couldn't smash them, too?
PYRO - Haven't played the game, but this is still funny. Good use of football(s).
LUNARRAINBOWSHYGUY - Continuation of puzzly bits! Good bit of design to have that big block come down in case of getting stuck... even if it doesn't help in the best of ways.
S1ETH - Good showing of a carousel of Boo. Good use of fitting scenery, also.
WOLFOLOTL - Strange place to maintain a fish garden, yo.
PHOLTOS - Oh yeah, s'gotta be Sheath since Link got mowed down with the apartment. Neat use of the shield against projectiles that move vertically, but it does looks pretty tough, too.
MABEL - Batafire's back, and has brought some... squiggly green things and plants and bombs? Cool setting, but I don't think a fire monster would appreciate heavy rain.
WEIRD GOONIE - Goofy and random. I do like the rusty pipes, though, and the snow coming out of the green one.
IVY - Ahaha, airshows. Nice suspended platforms, also.
STURG - I lllove youu too, mannnn~
FLUFFIMASTA - Good to have the warning here. Let's one get pumped for the finale. Good rupee arrangement, too.
HORIKAWA OTANE - Haha, what a pleasant screen to end the relay on. Unfortunately, raocow must now suffer the imbecile forever in his inventory of stars.

It's great seeing this in its entirety now. Great that raocow had a blast with it, too. Good start to the morning, I think.
Zatsupachi
Queen of Flaming Mechanical Bees

Post by Zatsupachi »

FluffyMeatloaf wrote: ZATSUPACHI - It is pretty neat how the hover works in a sinking environment. The one tile (icy) platforms still look like they can be a bit tough all the same.
I mentioned this on the video, and I mentioning it now.
I removed Ice Physics on my section as an anti-frustration feature.
The [Death] of Jokes.
Youtube: dracmeister
Moddb: precision_bomber

Grounder

Post by Grounder »

panel de pon section seemed tedious

otherwise, great job, guys!
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

ImageImageImage
Darkonius64
Dreams of a forgotten reality

Post by Darkonius64 »

Nathan the Talkmaus wrote:Image

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

anyhoo, wow, the waluigi content is getting out of hand...!
:bi_pride:
My latest SMBX episode
https://talkhaus.raocow.com/viewtopic.p ... 70#p473070

My media links:
Twitter: https://twitter.com/Darkonius64

Support my indie game Dormiveglia!
https://dormivegliagame.com/
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

Good work everyone.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

rinka reskins × waluigi otp

oh also raocow × mike's bananas otp
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
FluffyMeatloaf
a delectable bean burrito

Post by FluffyMeatloaf »

Zatsupachi wrote:I mentioned this on the video, and I mentioning it now.
I removed Ice Physics on my section as an anti-frustration feature.
Whoops, apologies, then. Thought I saw slipperiness going on, so I went and assumed.
Classtoise
First name: June
Pronouns: she/her/it/its

Post by Classtoise »

Ivy wrote:rinka reskins × waluigi otp

oh also raocow × mike's bananas otp
As someone named Mike let me be the first to say

:oops:
:bi_pride: :trans_pride:
Mabel
Just west of wierd
https://marbels.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mabel »

We did it guys!
Image Image
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

I dunno how the boo carousel was done but wouldn't it also be possible using resprited firebar fireballs? (Actual question here. I've never used the firebar stuff in SMBX before so I'm not sure if it would work out the right way.)
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

TBH I expected Horikawa to do something more than motivational Rinkas with her screen, so I included a little motivational stuff on my screen (the one with the GO !! ->)

Now it kinda looks out of place
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
TaviTurnip
Reach for the top
Abministrator
First name: Rena

Post by TaviTurnip »

FluffiMasta wrote:TBH I expected Horikawa to do something more than motivational Rinkas with her screen, so I included a little motivational stuff on my screen (the one with the GO !! ->)

Now it kinda looks out of place
I feel the opposite. While it now makes total sense why Horikawa wanted the last screen, I feel like yours is a good complement leading up to it! The ending was satisfying :P

Also I just did a full re-read through the Talkhaugotchi thread and will never unassociate you with a certain near-naked Mii, but hey.
I regularly stream on Twitch! with other members of the talkhaus. Come watch Monday, Tuesday and Friday at 2PM for blind playthroughs and Pokémon and Touhou and stuff. Come hang out with us!
Lejes
https://lejes.talkhaus.com/

Post by Lejes »

You want to play as Waluigi again? Too bad. That's just Peachy!

Also it seems like math.random() struck again, denying everybody Crocomire's very exciting and deadly fireball pattern!
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

my computer is very pragmatic about randomness it seems
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

TaviTurnip wrote:Also I just did a full re-read through the Talkhaugotchi thread and will never unassociate you with a certain near-naked Mii, but hey.
Heh at least I was smexy.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Rednaxela
Maker of Shenanigans
Pronouns: they/them
https://rednaxela.talkhaus.com

Post by Rednaxela »

Full music credits for the Talkhaus MaGLX2 Relay:
waha.mp3 - Dog Run (by unknown, sourced from Nijikaku)
HCD3043_05.ogg - Stage 1 music (by Ken-ichi Hirata, from Cotton: Fantastic Night Dreams for PC Engine)
Snowfall.mp3 - Snowfall [NES cover] (cover by kvee, original by juni productions)
panepon.ogg - Flower World (by Masaya Kuzume and/or Yuka Tsujiyoko, from Tetris Attack)
TheMegaManKiller.ogg - Interfectorem - The "Mega Man Killer" Battle (by GamingCakes, from Mega Man Eternal)
Tonight's Rainfall.mp3 - 雨の降る夜に or "Tonight's Rainfall" (by 桐生 on http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9147488 )

It was very satisfying to see this. Good stuff everyone.

Also, hmm... no screens up to mine in the MaFAB relay use math.random it appears, gladly given how it acts on raocow's computer, dunno about any after.
Last edited by Rednaxela 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
blue_kirby
Wrong lever!!!

Post by blue_kirby »

That was a great level! :D

Also, I figured my screen (along with other screens that had the "enemy in the blocks" trick) were going to cause some trouble for raocow at first. Glad it wasn't too much trouble though.
Last edited by blue_kirby 8 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
"That's embarrassing"
Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Post by Telamon »

Way to fail to make your relay absurd, Talkhaus!