smbx communitysmw centralpge project

firefox related css updates (bbcode/shoutbox) - ctrl-f5 if they're still jacked up for you

raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Re: raocow and Horikawa's Super Sexy Sunday Side Show

Postby raocow » 9 months ago

haha, man. MAN.
this is kind of worse than I remembered.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
ImageImage

TaviTurnip
I'm just here to remind people I'm here
Abministrator
First name: Rena, despite assumptions

Postby TaviTurnip » 9 months ago

From the uninformed: what glitch? :O
I'm just here to annoy you so that you aren't here instead.

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess
First name: Servalan

Postby Horikawa Otane » 9 months ago

TaviTurnip wrote:From the uninformed: what glitch? :O
Glitch?
Watch my Butt on the YouTubes
raocow wrote:Dang it Oyster this level is not called Peregrine Penguin and the Soft Bon-Bon, it clearly says Ghost House with a Ghost in It!

TaviTurnip
I'm just here to remind people I'm here
Abministrator
First name: Rena, despite assumptions

Postby TaviTurnip » 9 months ago

Horikawa Otane wrote:
Glitch?
Something about not dying? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIJQyA51Dxg#t=13m57s The word "glitch" was used here, maybe incorrectly, but in general I'm a nub and I have no idea what actually happened here :1 Maybe I don't remember the original level enough.
I'm just here to annoy you so that you aren't here instead.

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess

TaviTurnip wrote:
Horikawa Otane wrote:
Glitch?
Something about not dying? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIJQyA51Dxg#t=13m57s The word "glitch" was used here, maybe incorrectly, but in general I'm a nub and I have no idea what actually happened here :1 Maybe I don't remember the original level enough.
Oh. In the original level if you don't die after the midpoint the ship covers the star and you can't win. This wasn't fixed in the Umbra remix
raocow wrote:Dang it Oyster this level is not called Peregrine Penguin and the Soft Bon-Bon, it clearly says Ghost House with a Ghost in It!

8bitgamer123
Desperately avoiding nihilism.
First name: Brian

Postby 8bitgamer123 » 9 months ago

"WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON WHAT"
For the first time ever, I can relate to Umbra.

Grounder

Postby Grounder » 9 months ago

shouldve ended with umbra killing the other toads because they were demons
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

AND I'LL STEAL YOUR SOUL! :twisted:

Zyglrox Odyssey

Postby Zyglrox Odyssey » 9 months ago

Horikawa Otane wrote:
TaviTurnip wrote:Something about not dying? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIJQyA51Dxg#t=13m57s The word "glitch" was used here, maybe incorrectly, but in general I'm a nub and I have no idea what actually happened here :1 Maybe I don't remember the original level enough.
Oh. In the original level if you don't die after the midpoint the ship covers the star and you can't win. This wasn't fixed in the Umbra remix
Nah you can still win, you just have to be big or Peach and zip through the boat. In this version though through sheer unfortunate placement of elements the dude you talk to to spawn the star falls in a hole. You might be able to catch him as he falls in the hole if you have a tail? Not sure though.

Also probably worth mentioning, the midpoint situation wasn't intentional. Apparently Pyro moved it at some point for some reason and remembers absolutely nothing of it.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Willhart
Reader on the forums

Postby Willhart » 9 months ago

At least the other missions will hopefully be a little better.
Starting a new LP Here. Do give the game a look if you find it interesting.

Telamon
TO PROTECT PENGUIN MACHINE MERGED THE TRAINING MAN.

Postby Telamon » 9 months ago

get rekt, horikawa!

Grounder

Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
Pronouns: he/him/his

Postby MonkeyShrapnel » 9 months ago

That feels like something I would do, then complain that it wasn't obvious enough.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)

8bitgamer123

aw horikawa, you lovable doof.
If the star wasn't in the secret room, then why would it be unlocked after getting the red coins?

kitikami

Postby kitikami » 9 months ago

I don't think she thought the star wasn't in that room, she just thought it was supposed to be on top of that tower of blocks and that she must have missed collecting a flower somewhere that was preventing the star from spawning.

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess

kitikami wrote:I don't think she thought the star wasn't in that room, she just thought it was supposed to be on top of that tower of blocks and that she must have missed collecting a flower somewhere that was preventing the star from spawning.
Correct.

ZephyrBurst
That Angry Scripting Guy
Pronouns: He

Postby ZephyrBurst » 9 months ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZisJtlS ... e&t=13m43s

raocow's laugh in this is legendary.

Zephyr_DragonLord
Is pretty bad at making SMW levels
First name: Zach

Postby Zephyr_DragonLord » 9 months ago

Yeah, missing a star like that is amazing, and I'm glad it happened. At the very least, you didn't have to do everything over again that time.
If we all did levels flawlessly, there would not be so much fun in videos.

I do remember that Epic SMB1 level, as well. I'm looking forward to it.
I am prone to almost everything... except spontaneous violence.
Any questions, concerns, or aspirations you have with me can go to the PM box... Now here's a quote:
raocow wrote:I know there is a population on Earth. They like to populate. I like to gesticulate. We're friends!
(It was about time)

Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Postby Dragon Fogel » 9 months ago

You definitely can get Bowser to fall in a hole in the second half, that's how I beat the level. I don't remember what I did, though; it just happened on one run.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!

Ometeotl

Postby Ometeotl » 9 months ago

I wasn't aware that we still lived in the 1800s, where the West had no knowledge of Asia-I mean, the Orient - and it's mystical ways.

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess

Ometeotl wrote:I wasn't aware that we still lived in the 1800s, where the West had no knowledge of Asia-I mean, the Orient - and it's mystical ways.
Well, generally speaking there is something of a blindness towards matters of history and culture in East Asia. I'm sure if you polled most Westerners, few would have heard of men like Fukuzawa Yukichi (or even Ieyasu, Mishima, Akutagawa, or Souseki!) or women like Qiu Jin, Ban Zhao, or Wu Zetian/Wu Zhao. And I imagine most believe that Gutenburg was the first to movable type, something that Western schools still remarkably teach despite mountains of evidence that Chinese officials and historians beat him by about half a millennium (which is a boon to researchers of ancient China as it means sources can be quite readable compared to early Japanese handwritten sources). I doubt many could name more than a single dynasty of China - and even then, it's only because they know Ming porcelains are a thing. I would be surprised if any more than 1-5% of Westerners could name a single Asian head of state as well. There's knowledge of some figures I suppose - Confucius, for example, but these tend to be extremely shallow and to be based less on their accomplishments and more on how they're portrayed in Engrish-y catch phrases.

In some ways, in fact, it's possible to even argue that the knowledge of Japan in particular may even be worse now than it was in the 1800's during the Japonisme movement in the West. With (very) public intellectuals like Tsuguharu Foujita and performers of opera, as well as Japanese influence extensively in the pop culture and art of the time, East Asian presence couldn't help but be felt everywhere one went. Additionally, there was a public fascination with the Bakumatsu period, the Edo, and Japanese history and culture more broadly that crossed intellectual and class lines. Despite this, obviously as you parody up there - this time period had its own problems with trivializing and essentializing the people in a way that is much worse than today.

Anyway, this sort of lack of knowledge of rather foundational figures and facts of Asian history and culture is contrasted in Asia itself, wherein virtually everyone knows who Abraham Lincoln or Martin Luther King Jr are, as well as what they personally accomplished, and, in fact, people such as them are taught in school alongside local national heroes. And virtually everyone also knows not only who the American president is, but generally keeps a close eye on the primaries and will commonly know who the Democratic and Republican nominees are every 4 years.

8bitgamer123

I don't think they did this type of thing in Galaxy; it was just a fight.

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess

8bitgamer123 wrote:I don't think they did this type of thing in Galaxy; it was just a fight.
Maybe it was a different game... I remember people yelling at me for thinking this was innovative when some random 3D Mario game I never played did it?

Grounder

I mean, Galaxy 2 and Sunshine had giant Bowser fights, but they played nothing like that one.

Maybe they were thinking of NSBW?
Why don't you eat me?

I am perfectly tasty...

Horikawa Otane
The MaGL Goddess

Grounder wrote:I mean, Galaxy 2 and Sunshine had giant Bowser fights, but they played nothing like that one.

Maybe they were thinking of NSBW?
It's possible. I haven't played any of the New SMB games. I've barely played any Mario games haha.

MoneyMan

Postby MoneyMan » 9 months ago

New Super Mario Bros Wii had you running from a giant Bowser who destroys the environment and you have to platform around to get to the end. Super Mario 3D Land is somewhat similar, but with normal Bowser and in 3D, where it's less of a fight and more of a level where you have to dodge Bower's attacks. The music comes from the latter's fight, so

Return to “let's play”