(shouting)

Horikawa Plays Khimera: Destroy All Monster Girls

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Jesuiscontent
Tsundere
First name: cool old field

Re: Horikawa Let's Plays Something?!??!??!??!??! Vote!!!

Post by Jesuiscontent »

wtf you never played donkey kong??? i definitely vote dkc how can you even remotely consider the sleepcher or biosnore before that

e : I just read that you don't want to play because of the graphics WHAT ImageImageImage

Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

"Sex is the quickest way to establish a meaningful relationship between characters" -Damien Monheir, game designer for The Witcher 3

(the witcher SUX is what im saying)
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
snoruntpyro
cutest girl 2023

Post by snoruntpyro »

My vote goes to Mega Man 9/10.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Horikawa Otane wrote:I'm not closed to the idea and I've heard they're fun, but... Even when I was little I always avoided them because of the way they looked and felt.
I don't think you'd regret playing them even if you dislike the graphics and monkeys in general. The first one is kinda a bit on the difficult side since it's the first in the series but the second and third are quite exceptional platformers. They definitely have my vote. Back when I mostly played my SNES DKC2 and 3 were two of my top four games on the system with SMW and Yoshi's Island being the other two.
Mikkofier
What about Ron magic?
First name: Mikko J. Fuzzygrumbles
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Mikkofier »

Voting for Megaman 9
Many people need desperately to receive this message: I feel and think much as you do, care about many of the things you care about, although most people do not care about them. You are not alone.
-Kurt Vonnegut
Context-free Supper Mario Broth Roulette! NOTE: Potential Jumpscare warning!
Avatar source (for most of them).
Fawriel

Post by Fawriel »

raocow wrote:you should play some basketball. just set up a basket in the driveway and shoot some hoops!!
I'd watch it.
FusionWarrior
Super Sayian Mewtwo Genetic Freak
First name: Jon
Pronouns: Anything Goes

Post by FusionWarrior »

Western RPGs!? FALLOUT NEW VEGAS!!!!
Also there are some keen Super Metroid hacks these days if you are interested.
I still want to see you LP (with or without raocow) Oyster's translation of VIP 1 just to hear you rant about how wrong he is.
ImageImage
raocow wrote:dragon ain't having any of my frosted flakes, that's how I feel
FusionWarrior
Super Sayian Mewtwo Genetic Freak
First name: Jon
Pronouns: Anything Goes

Post by FusionWarrior »

Horikawa Otane wrote:
FusionWarrior wrote:Western RPGs!? FALLOUT NEW VEGAS!!!!
Also there are some keen Super Metroid hacks these days if you are interested.
I still want to see you LP (with or without raocow) Oyster's translation of VIP 1 just to hear you rant about how wrong he is.
Hahaha that might actually be fun.

I might actually be quite interested in Super Metroid hacks. Got any recommendations?
A few, the question is do you want something difficult or something very hard?
Metroid Super Zero Mission is difficult but not back breaking, and has a lot of cool ASM use, but also some poor design choices as well (two tile passageways in SM is like 1.5 tile passageways in SMBX. Not impossible but no bueno)
Metroid Project Base is about the same difficulty, maybe a bit harder than the original, but OH BOY Technology is Incredible!
Hyper Metroid is likely the hardest that I've done yet, but is just the most amazing. It requires knowledge and near mastery of the advanced techniques, but is also easy to get lost in, and really brings the feeling of being alone on the planet. Speedrunners pull off some crazy things playing it, but a casual play is fun too.

And for something completely different, while unfinished, AM2R is in demo 1.4.1 right now, has PLENTY of content, is it's own engine, and oh my the drool. It even has a completely survivable and not crappy bullet hell moment that provides the right balance of difficulty and earn-able health refills!
ImageImage
raocow wrote:dragon ain't having any of my frosted flakes, that's how I feel
churine

Post by churine »

Horikawa Otane wrote:Super Metroid hacks
Darkholme Hospital has a neat theme to it and it's pretty good if you want to play a hack that is very different from Super Metroid.
Although I only played myself the first version long ago though so I don't know about the difficulty.

Another that is much lesser known is Escape 2, which is a japanese hack that is on the harder side, but it's pretty fun to play with how non-linear it is.
momo

Post by momo »

play soldexus
FrozenQuills
hehe haha 2024

Post by FrozenQuills »

play maglx2 and have every single level designer guest commentate for every single level

But in all seriousness play either megaman or fallout.
SMBX Tileset Compiler and Separator
The boss entry that made me eat a shoe.

5th place counter: 5
(SMBX Forums CC11, SMBX Forums CC12, Endgame Madness Contest, SMWC Kaizo Contest 2016, SMWC 24hr Contest 2018)
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

I wouldn't mind seeing ya play DKC, DKC2's my favourite though.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Xirix wrote:DKC2's my favourite though.
The general consensus seems to be that DKC2 is the best in the series. I wouldn't disagree though my personal favorite is DKC3.
Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory

Post by Coryman »

I'd have to agree with DKC. If graphics are too much of an issue, there is the new DKC for the Wii, though I personally wouldn't recommend it. And if monkeys are a problem, play as Donkey Kong, he's an ape :P
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

I would also like to vote for the Kong.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Fawriel

Post by Fawriel »

I wouldn't!
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

I can't wait for some DKC.

Remember Otane, roll. Roll anything that looks like it can be rolled, it's so easy to deal with stuff.

Like, if an enemy drops on top of you in Mario, you have to run out of the way.
In DKC? Roll, they get wrecked.
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Alice wrote:
Xirix wrote:DKC2's my favourite though.
The general consensus seems to be that DKC2 is the best in the series. I wouldn't disagree though my personal favorite is DKC3.
They're all good really, unfortunately for me DKC3 fails a bit since some of the music tracks are just dreadful.
Money

Re: Horikawa Let's Plays Donkey Kong?! (Blind)

Post by Money »

Donkey Kong Country 3's level designs are pretty samey and bland for the most part, but it does a pretty good job at giving a sense of exploration. I dunno, it felt like it was trying to be two games at once, while not really doing super amazing at either of them.

Donkey Kong Country 2 is my personal favorite of the three, the levels have a ton of variety to them and have a lot of really well designed challenges. Not only that, but it has a sense of atmosphere that I personally consider one of the best in videogames that I've seen.

Donkey Kong Country 1 is a really good game, don't get me wrong, but it doesn't really try to do very much special. Like, it's a pretty standard platformer, but it's a pretty dang good platformer at the same time. It definitely shows that it was still trying to find its own identity, playing it pretty safe for the most part. Still a good game, though.
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

Wow Horikawa you were right this game really is super ugly and bad. I dunno what we were all thinking recommending it I guess we all have some pretty intense nostalgia goggles going on, you should probably abandon this and play a good game like Parallel Worlds or Soldexus or something.
I don't think we're getting any better than this screenshot out of Donkey Kong anyway.
Money

Post by Money »

man i dont know what i was on about, super donkey kong 99 is obviously the best game in the series
Koopster
judge of u

Post by Koopster »

Oh my God what is this thing

i like it
Garlyle

Post by Garlyle »

I feel slightly betrayed

for a moment it almost looked on the video screenshot on the tubes like you might maybe have been actually playing a donkey kong

and technically you, in fact, were, and there was no lying whatsoever, but I still feel betrayed
Money

Post by Money »

i was all ready to come in here and be like HORIKAWA WHAT ARE YOU DOING PLAYING THE THIRD FIRST but i mean i can forgive you for skipping straight to the mastery that is super dkc 99
Alice

Post by Alice »

MoneyMan wrote:Donkey Kong Country 3's level designs are pretty samey and bland for the most part, but it does a pretty good job at giving a sense of exploration. I dunno, it felt like it was trying to be two games at once, while not really doing super amazing at either of them.
I think DKC3's strengths lay in the interesting gimmicks they have at times, even if some of them are a bit annoying. Same with the bosses.