(shouting)

HACK - THREAD: feat. the TSRP2 thread

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
cozyduck

Re: HACK - THREAD: feat. the TSRP2 thread

Post by cozyduck »

RobinLSL wrote:Can't believe I missed something huge like that. So Mario owns a castle in the second reality, huh... pretty cool I guess. As for the difficulty, I'm mainly thinking about the anger it gave raocow.
Well, iirc Zycloboo beams Mario's castle into the second reality at the start of the game, so technically Marrio doesn't own a castle there. This is all way more clear in the second trailer of the game. But then again, lol plot in Mario games.
RobinLSL wrote:
Well all I know is that the music I heard in TSRPR showed a complete lack of understanding of basic harmony and that irked me very much :/
Well, I can understand your need for some form of rigor in musical compositions (being a mathematician myself, although not particularly musically inclined, unlike many of our breed), but one shouldn't see such an approach to composing as the only valid one imo.
Sure, FPI's work lacks the finesse (and that's too strong a word really) of a schooled musician, however I find his compositions rather catchy, which in my opinion is a quality in itself.
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

I was expecting that to go a lot worse than it did, thumbs up. Also eagerly awaiting the next LP.
Flanky

Post by Flanky »

I have to say, I think this was one of my favorite LP series raocow's done so far. Good commentary and some solid playing by raocow, and the hack itself was largely well-designed (though I thought the beginning was stronger than the end). I'm looking forward to whatever comes next.
PkGam

Post by PkGam »

I hope I'm not a day late on the game hack suggestions here. But, I have a good one that would probably JUST tide you over until A Super Mario World Central Production comes out as it's 42 levels long. Not too long, not too short.

It's called "Super Mario World 2+3: The Essence Star".

http://www.smwcentral.net/?p=showhack&id=2854

It was created by Golden Yoshi, the same guy who made SMW2+2 (The Yoshi's Island hack you played). I played it and it's one of the best hacks I have ever played.

The story is excellent, deep and even touching. (But, I don't want to spoil much of it) Basically, you have to collect 5 pieces of the essence star scattered across 5 lands. It also explains the backstory of certain characters not really touched upon by Nintendo much. (Unofficially of course)

It has a lot of custom graphics, sprites and music, plus good, creative level designs to go along with it. Some secret exits in certain levels you are actually unable to get to until later... Not because of switch palaces either.

Plus, there's additions to the original Super Mario World such as the abilitiy to buy items from a shop, minigames like racing a boo for prizes and a very open-ended overworld. You are able to go to any of the 5 worlds from the central hub to beat the levels and collect the pieces of the star in any order you please.

There is a lot of variety to be had and something for everyone in this hack.

And uhhh... I don't really want to say much more as it'll pretty much spoil the game for you.

So, that is my suggestion.
I think if "in my opinion" was added to the end of all nonfactual or subjective statements, it would prevent a lot of pointless fights.
... in my opinion.
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

PkGam wrote:I hope I'm not a day late on the game hack suggestions here.
If you read today's video description, you'd realize that you are.
Rameau's Nephew

Post by Rameau's Nephew »

For what it's worth, the Meka Chicken(s) is the primary villain of Alfred Chicken. The graphics for the Power Supply Station come from the last level of the Gameboy Alfred Chicken (FPI's personal favorite), which is the Meka Chickens' base. This listing in the credits is thus not quite so strange as it may seem at a glance.

Otherwise, a fine playthrough of a fine game. Too-rah.
LightSlei

Post by LightSlei »

Rameau's Nephew wrote:For what it's worth, the Meka Chicken(s) is the primary villain of Alfred Chicken. The graphics for the Power Supply Station come from the last level of the Gameboy Alfred Chicken (FPI's personal favorite), which is the Meka Chickens' base. This listing in the credits is thus not quite so strange as it may seem at a glance.

Otherwise, a fine playthrough of a fine game. Too-rah.
I'm going to agree with raocow when he said "FPI is the one person in the world who cares about Alfred Chicken". I don't see how that game is remotely enjoyable...
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

It doesn't look bad
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

Eek, I hate to be Mr. Raises Dead Threads from the Grave, but I've been watching the TSRP2 series and video 27 is private for some reason :/
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

yeah, because I used a song in it, during a death montage, before I joined with machinima. Fortunately you don't actually miss anything, it was kind of a trainwreck and I go over the same materials in the next video, I reckon.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Truhan
Lord of the Waifus
Pronouns: Waifulord

Post by Truhan »

raocow wrote:yeah, because I used a song in it, during a death montage, before I joined with machinima. Fortunately you don't actually miss anything, it was kind of a trainwreck and I go over the same materials in the next video, I reckon.
Ho hum? I seem to remember you having been with machinima by then, but clearly my memory has sent me down a path of denial. I am only disappointed that I miss that little pondy pond level. It will haunt me to the end of my days.
Girls are a hoax created by the Japanese anime industry to scam otaku out of their money.