(shouting)

HACK - THREAD: feat. the TSRP2 thread

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
VideoGuy

Re: HACK - THREAD: feat. the TSRP2 thread

Post by VideoGuy »

See raocow, you were singing the Yoshi's Island theme in today's video.

Even you want to hear other music besides what's in this game.

I will now complain about this daily.
(not really)
Accepting any and all ASM requests for A2MT. Just send me a PM.
Note: If I accepted your ASM request and you never heard back from me, please let me know. I feel like I've forgotten a few of them.
Also the creator of the new A2MT CMS. PM me if you have any questions.
Youtube Channel
NaturesFoulChild

Post by NaturesFoulChild »

Due to the severely extreme oversaturation with Mario I feel after the Vanilla contest, I was hoping for more of a break from Mario, but oh well. At least raocow sounds rather happy.

Also, [nitpick mode]it's spelled palate. You know, 'palate cleanser'.[/nitpick mode]
By foul design.
bonecanoe86

Post by bonecanoe86 »

"Hooray For Fear" (6:44 of today's second video) is another good band name!
Hello.

I LP The Sims 2, Civilization III, and Sim City 4:
http://www.youtube.com/user/bonecanoe86
VallanKnight

Post by VallanKnight »

"It's time to be careful!"

-raocow after losing eight lives in the same section of the first castle.

That cracked me up. There lots of other gutbusting moments in todays videos, but that's the one that stands out. I love it so. It's easy to tell how much fun you're having with this, mostly because of all the stupid mistakes you're making without caring. XD
This is Josh, of the Valiant Gamers.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

A friend visiting me watched you for the first time today, raocow, couldn't have been a better video ^^. He was delighted.

Simon
Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing »

I thought the level where you first called Yoshi a horse was something like Dragon Waterfall, or Dragon something... The context being something along the lines of, "Where's the dragons? Yoshi, are you the dragon? No, you're more like some kind of horse." Then again, It's been a long time since I watched the video, and maybe you said it earlier and were referencing that.

Anyhow, we had Mega Man X as a break from Vanilla Mario, BMD as a break from Vanilla Mario, HACK as a break from BMD, and now we have this as a break. Please don't break us any more.
raocow wrote:Next LP project - the entire hunter/scorpion series in chronological order
Rameau's Nephew

Post by Rameau's Nephew »

I find it sort of sad that despite some truly great level design, TSRP2 seems likely to be fated to appear the weaker middle chapter between Reloaded and the future TSRP3 due to a lack of polish compared to these two. But I have to admit--playing TSRPR and TSRP2 back-to-back some months ago, I did find myself above all else seriously missing the custom music (the SMB3 music patch is the only thing about this game that really feels like a true relic). Ultimately, I tended to prefer muting the sound completely and just having the Reloaded soundtrack playing in the background. It seemed to suit the mood better. Oh, technical advances in romhacking, how quickly we become used to you...
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

Random post back from no man's land to be a nitpicking bitch!

First "Yoshi is a horse" mention occurred in TSRP1 in this video: http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= ... 924984875#

That is all.
Oracle of Wuffing

Post by Oracle of Wuffing »

RedMageMike wrote:First "Yoshi is a horse" mention occurred in TSRP1 in this video: http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid= ... 924984875#
Dragon's Island, eh, I was close!
raocow wrote:Next LP project - the entire hunter/scorpion series in chronological order
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

why do you know this
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Today's was priceless.

You've got yourself a new fan in my friend.

Simon
kilon

Post by kilon »

I just realized that I remember far less from this game as I though I did. Lucky me.

Man, that stage was so cleverly put together. and because it's an optional level, you can't really complain about it being long and hard. But the enemy placement was so good.

Hmm, was this game made before the no sprite limit patch was around?
cozyduck

Post by cozyduck »

I agree with kilon, this is a fantastically designed stage. It's for stages like this that I still consider after 4 years TSRP2 to be the best platformer I ever played (with no hyperbole, and believe me, I've played many platformers in the last 20+ years).

And yes, as raocow guessed it, "extra" stages are usually harder then the world average. This stage seems like a candidate for somewhere around world 4 in the necessary path of this game.
eataninja

Post by eataninja »

I would say that Mario's backyard was a zoo for all of his captured enemies, except there were no cages :P

Anyway, that was a brilliant level, and if I remember correctly not many levels get that long until the very end, so you should consider youself lucky :P
🦆 RedMageSusie
Dancing with the moonlit knight

Post by RedMageSusie »

raocow wrote:why do you know this
I rewatched it about a year ago. I made a mental note of "the big moment" because my memory is stupid and can remember stupid little details of no significance.
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

I'm finding this playthrough the exact opposite of C7D in terms of entertainment. I actually lol'd at a few parts in today's episode, and to be fair, I don't usually actually laugh at LPs.

Like the first time you got into the last cave, you were so close to dying a few times.
'DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'
<SNN> WHO DARES
<Kristian> TO TRY TO STOP THE TIME BOMB?!
RobinLSL

Post by RobinLSL »

Man, raocow's style in the first TSRP2 video is pretty cool and refreshing. Makes a very nice contrast with BMD/C7D. Me is happy Dan even though that makes another LP to add to my watch list.
Hitotsumami

Post by Hitotsumami »

Just saying, I loled when the koopa died at about 4:46 in the video, haha.
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

I remember this hack kicking my ass back in 2007 when i first played it, nice job going through that level with no tools.
VallanKnight

Post by VallanKnight »

I loved today's video. So much chipmunk time! It's like raocow made it just for me!
Hitotsumami wrote:Just saying, I loled when the koopa died at about 4:46 in the video, haha.
Seconded. The timing was just perfect. XD
raocow wrote:why do you know this
This also made me LOL. OH, the price of fame. XD
This is Josh, of the Valiant Gamers.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

It's amazing how much more tough these levels look when you only get that one midpoint as opposed to seeing State whatever Saved all the time. I'll always remember that Pop Tarts Cave level of some hack (Anikiti's maybe?) where I had that one friend tell you to quit savestating all the time and see how "easy" it would be like that.

The good news is you're much better at these hacks than you used to be, that's for sure. That was a fun vid to watch, man.
Flanky

Post by Flanky »

Wow, great job beating that level without tools. I agree with Bean, it's amazing how an innocuous looking level can be terrifying when you have to do everything perfectly in sequence.

I dunno about raocow, but I really prefer that kind of "punishing" difficulty to doing something like a kaizo with savestates. You really have to master the level to beat it, rather than commit a small sequence to temporary muscle memory. It feels awesome to finally finish.

... I'm a bit scared to see what the bonus levels in World 4+ will actually look like, though :shock:

I also am enjoying outdoor level art, seemingly plain as it is. I like the level of detail put into the background and stuff, like raocow pointed out today.
warpio

Post by warpio »

awesome video! this reminds me of when I attempted going through Luigi's Adventure tool-less.

I almost lost my mind, but it was so rewarding when I finally beat a tough level without giving myself checkpoints.
megamario

Post by megamario »

Calling it now, regular save stating by mid World 2
cozyduck

Post by cozyduck »

^
I actually think raocow has the skills to beat the whole thing toolless.
The problem will be if he has the patience though, as the combination of having to do daily videos and this game having rather long levels might be a problem.