(shouting)

HACK - THREAD: feat. the TSRP2 thread

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
Test Pilot Monkey

Re: HACK - THREAD: feat. the TSRP2 thread

Post by Test Pilot Monkey »

Hopefully you don't have a hard time with this raocow, I was looking through the level list and saw this at the bottom:

"BONUS - 30 Minutes of failing compressed, edited, and fast-fowarded into this"

Though it's you trying to do the same thing over and over, and it might not have been the way to do it in the first place.
Paragraph

Post by Paragraph »

Funny, I though I had watched the original videos, but I don't remember those levels at all. That's great though, very much looking forward to it ^^. Your commentary was awesome today, with you already knowing the levels you seem to resort far more to randomness, which is a very nice change from BMD's "oh god I fell down now I'll have to go back up P.S. mace still owns".

Simon
Kristian

Post by Kristian »

Paragraph wrote:"oh god I fell down now I'll have to go back up P.S. mace still owns"
Hahaha

I've tried at least twice to play through TSRP2, but I got bored after the first world each time, which never usually happens with any hack for me. Looking forward to this LP, 'cause I'll get to see what else this game has to offer.
<SNN> WHO DARES
<Kristian> TO TRY TO STOP THE TIME BOMB?!
Daarkbuu
Legendary Ammonite Princess
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Daarkbuu »

Good 'ol TSRP2. If I recall correctly, it was the second hack I ever played and to this very day, remains the best interms of overall level design in my opinion. But damn it gets hard later on!
Enormatron

Post by Enormatron »

raocow I cannot believe you are going back to playing TSRP2. For the past few weeks I have been watching your old LP of this game for the first time, and I really have been enjoying it, and I was wondering if you were ever going to replay this for YouTube. Have fun with this, from what I have seen it is a great hack.
I like pie like a fat kid likes cake!
Mandew
d'yo
First name: Marc
Pronouns: a person
https://fishingseasontraversal.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mandew »

Hurray! TSRP2, one of the most classic hacks of the ExGFX era! This hack is well known for having a high but fair difficulty, graphics borrowed from many games around (creating this sort of crossover atmosphere) and a very serious story. More importantly, it's well known for having amazing level design and at times very harsh puzzles without ever getting gimmicky.

What I like the most about this hack though is how it manages to set this "Alone in the Second Reality" atmosphere, still despite having some NPCs.

Considering the feats you've pulled since last time you've LP'd it, I'm sure you'll be able to go through it without too much frustration.
video games
GypsyDiver

Post by GypsyDiver »

Yes, yes, yes.

I'm remembering bits from when I watched, and raocow's commentary is totally awesome; a fusion of his old wacky randomness and his *new* wacky randomness, a combination that cannot be beat.

Also, yeah, raocow is just good at hacks, does anyone agree? I'm pretty awesome at Super Mario World, but pull me out of my element and it's just sad. I think raocow, from playing all these hacks, has developed a keen set of skills needed while still remaining the sort of obtuse, oblivious, lovable LPer we all watch. But when he plays something, the difficulty is certainly misleading (for me at least!) raocow, you make these games look easy!
my LP thread. it's the bomb-diggity.
VallanKnight

Post by VallanKnight »

D-vid wrote:Videoguy, that won't be possible considering the crusade against "piracy".

Also, raocow you will probably like this: http://www.brawlinthefamily.com/?p=1524
YES!!!! I saw that this morning and thought "OH MAN, raocow needs to see this!" I'm glad I wasn't the only one.

I'm on that bandwagon of loving to see raocow replay TSRP2, because I started watching him after that was long done, and never got that far back into the archives. I watched most of the VIPs, but not this one. Hurray for happy!raocow!
This is Josh, of the Valiant Gamers.
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

And, suddenly, TSRP2 out of nowhere. Can't say I'm really displeased with this turn of events, though. Loved the first TSRP2 LP.

That being said, I'm kind of inclined, at this point, to think that we can never trust raocow when he says he's going to take an extended break from SMW hacks. Ever.
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

I'm really looking forward to this LP as I haven't bothered to look at anything pre-DailyMotion :P .
fart.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

I remember the very beginning and tail ends of TSRP2 but I forgte all the middle. I GUESS I'll watch
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
eataninja

Post by eataninja »

AlchemistHohenheim wrote:And, suddenly, TSRP2 out of nowhere. Can't say I'm really displeased with this turn of events, though. Loved the first TSRP2 LP.

That being said, I'm kind of inclined, at this point, to think that we can never trust raocow when he says he's going to take an extended break from SMW hacks. Ever.
I honestly doubt this was planned. I think he wanted to fill the end of the video with something, and this is the first thing that came to mind. Of course he could have ended it like RttC, but this game isn't appropriate for that kind of thing :P

Also remember, he said he likes routine. I think SMW hack playing has become routine for him at this point.
megamario

Post by megamario »

Ignoring your horrible horrible commitment to not doing things but yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay TSRP 2

I was always hoping you would play this one again since I can't really stand Oldcow that much
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Argumentable wrote:I remember the very beginning and tail ends of TSRP2 but I forgte all the middle. I GUESS I'll watch
All I remember from my old video is trainwrecking one half an hour at a time in basic puzzle levels.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
VallanKnight

Post by VallanKnight »

raocow wrote:
Argumentable wrote:I remember the very beginning and tail ends of TSRP2 but I forgte all the middle. I GUESS I'll watch
All I remember from my old video is trainwrecking one half an hour at a time in basic puzzle levels.
So... yesterday's BMD video? ^_^;;
This is Josh, of the Valiant Gamers.
AlchemistHohenheim

Post by AlchemistHohenheim »

eataninja wrote:
AlchemistHohenheim wrote:And, suddenly, TSRP2 out of nowhere. Can't say I'm really displeased with this turn of events, though. Loved the first TSRP2 LP.

I honestly doubt this was planned. I think he wanted to fill the end of the video with something, and this is the first thing that came to mind. Of course he could have ended it like RttC, but this game isn't appropriate for that kind of thing :P

Also remember, he said he likes routine. I think SMW hack playing has become routine for him at this point.
Oh, I understand that, and I don't think it's necessarily intentional either.

Just saying, ever since his SA days and continuing through his move over to Youtube, there've been times where he says he's gonna take a lengthy break from SMW...and then a couple weeks to a month later he's back to making SMW hack videos for one reason or another. :roll:
GypsyDiver

Post by GypsyDiver »

VallanKnight wrote:
raocow wrote:
So... yesterday's BMD video? ^_^;;
Ooooh. Snap.
my LP thread. it's the bomb-diggity.
FPzero
Resident SMW Central Admin

Post by FPzero »

TSRP2 manages to still retain that unique feel today as it did when it was first released. FPI really has a particular style that I haven't seen anyone come close to copying. The graphics, level design and story all just stand on their own and somehow remains very memorable even in the vast sea of SMW hacks.
tatanga

Post by tatanga »

You're right. In fact, even the original TSRP is overflowing with creative and imaginative uses of tiles that many hackers would never have thought of. FPI is really an exceptional hacker.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I remember most of those endgame levels drove you nuts back in the day. It's going to be fun seeing you try to get through this in the newer style of gameplay you've been using the last year or so.
Lonesome Diamond

Post by Lonesome Diamond »

I'm loving this LP already, raocow. Seriously, I felt all warm and fuzzy watching these videos today XP. I watched your old TSRP run, but I never got to watching TSRP, so it's really cool to see you playing it now. I'm considering watching both LPs simultaneously :P
Pink

Post by Pink »

Hoo boy, those lives you gathered up sure vanished awfully quick... Just goes to show how much of a difference the cape you had handy was making, hehe! All the bosses are Big Boo fights though, eh? Wonder if any of them will compare to a couple of ASMT's...

Really looking forward to this one, though. =n.n= Being a fan of TSRPR, it will definitely be interesting to see what the whole sequel was all about. Lots of Super Mario Land 2 stuffs so far, wonder what other Mario games will turn up!
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

You know, I don't know if I've ever seen you slide while riding Yoshi before. It took me a second to figure out what was going on there.
Carver

Post by Carver »

That skeleton guy that scared you into the spikes was great.
Test Pilot Monkey

Post by Test Pilot Monkey »

GauRocks wrote:You know, I don't know if I've ever seen you slide while riding Yoshi before. It took me a second to figure out what was going on there.
Well Yoshi normally ends up in a pit before he has the chance :twisted: