(shouting)

Megaman: Day in the Limelight - Robotic revolution practice

this is the place where lps are being talked about. it's important to talk about games being played on the internet.
EagleEye

Re: Megaman: Day in the Limelight - Robotic revolution practice

Post by EagleEye »

sharkoftheday wrote:I always heard it as "cut to the chase", which makes equally little sense outside of the impression it conveys.
They are two unrelated expressions; "cut to the quick" means, literally, cut to the part under the finger nail, which really freaking hurts. Figuratively, it means to emotionally injure someone so bad, it's like you cut them to the part under the finger nail. Meanwhile, "cut to the chase" means you jump cut to the part of the movie where there is a chase (which is, presumably, why we're all here). The latter phrase is only confusing if you overthink it, and the former is only confusing if you don't know what a quick is, and as a guy who writes paragraphs about etymology on the internet and has many times had to refer to the quick (Don't bite your figernails so much that you expose the quick. That freaking hurts.), I've only learned it was called that from morsel/morceau.
raocow on "raocow":
raocow wrote:I like it all in small letters but I have to admit it looks pretty awkward left that way at the start of a sentence.
Mineyl

Post by Mineyl »

I wondered if there would be an English discussion concerning what raocow said about Quickman's name. Sure, we normally use the word "quick" as an adjective, but almost every adjective can be used as a noun when referring to things that share the trait described by said adjective. So...we have "the quick," meaning "the things that are fast."

Hardman, Brightman, Turboman, Aquaman, Astroman, and Solarman also share Quickman's naming conundrum, as far as I can tell.

PS: I found Rokko Chan's "Rollingman" to be more disturbing in the name department, being a gerund and all. But that game is unofficial, so...
raocow wrote:I don't know what it means, but you're screaming at me and I'm used to that.
Paperkoopa

Post by Paperkoopa »

Man, that was a nice stage to watch! The boss seemed really fun aswell. I really enjoy shorter and less rage inducing stages like that.

Also, why don't we just use "NOW IT IS THE BEGINNING OF A FANTASTIC STORY! LETS MAKE A JOURNEY TO THE LAND OF VEGETABLES! GOOD LUCK!" for the A2MT intro thingy? :lol:
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I made more or less the same request using the cheetahman 2 intro.
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Paperkoopa

Post by Paperkoopa »

Yeah, I saw that one aswell. Just making silly suggestions ;)
Gargus

Post by Gargus »

So, does the game decided what order you use the Robot Masters in for Willy by the order you used them in, or is it predetermined?

Also, that dragon.

He sure is chillaxed.

Until Cutman cut off his head.
Know me man, for I am...
The Doctor.
Ooo-weee-ooo...
EiresWind

Post by EiresWind »

The next two stages are kinda neat, I suppose. But the bosses are where I think the endgame really shines, from here through to Wily.

Then the fourth comes along and all things are settled.
Kincyr
HONK!

Post by Kincyr »

okay's here's the deal with the block boss that glitched out:
the two "firebar brothers" were supposed to have a third at the middle, also "firebar"
the last one would make a pillar in the middle, and shoot off every row in both directions starting with the top and working its way down. I can't remember if it stays stationary or then follows you but either way it's easy.

good luck with the boss of Wily 3, I'm stuck there and I've been playing on easy.

EDIT: I recalled slightly wrong. here's a video of the boss when it's working: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKYr0MIroTk&t=7m05s
Dark Hunter

Post by Dark Hunter »

Picopico Master broke the game! Truly the most powerful Wily robot of all time! :lol:
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Re: Megaman: Day in the Limelight - Robotic irevolution practice

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

This is the most entertaining Mega-man game I've seen LPed. Megaman attack gets old after a while, and this game averts that problem completely. The level design is quite good as well.

I'm actually enjoy the Megaman LP more than the Marioish LP, even though the endgame for Yoshi's Island is quite decent.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

That was something, all right. It's amazing how little I remember about this game outside of Wood Man's stage.
sharkoftheday
The World Goes "Meep"
Pronouns: she/her

Post by sharkoftheday »

seeing an error really makes me want to get at the source code to check what happened, can't find it amongst the downloads though. :(

I have a suspicion of what happened, but I would like to confirm how the program's structured first...also, why use arrays possibly with for loops (as evidenced by blocks) when lists or even array lists are available and provide IEnumerable functionality. Meh, that's just going to bother me personally. :D
raocow wrote:the neon butterflies return once more from their blessed sleep;
there are no holes in the future, only death.
EagleEye

Post by EagleEye »

I doubt GML has anything like IEnumerable. Then again, I suck with interfaces, so I don't really know what IEnumerable truly means. I do remember lists in GML being awful to use for some reason, though. I didn't even know GML had array support.

I thought for some reason this was made in Macromedia Fusion, so seeing the Game Maker error box complaining about undefined variable "x" made me laugh my butt off.
raocow on "raocow":
raocow wrote:I like it all in small letters but I have to admit it looks pretty awkward left that way at the start of a sentence.
sharkoftheday
The World Goes "Meep"
Pronouns: she/her

Post by sharkoftheday »

When I went on the gamemaker site, they said the "expanded" (non-free) version had support for lists. Lists incorporate IEnumerable as part of there structure, so GM has to have some kind of enumeration support.

IEnumerable from what I understand refers to the ability to enumerate through objects contained in the IEnumerable object, hence allowing you to use a

Code: Select all

foreach(var object in objects)
{
  object.doSomething();
}
statement to iterate over the objects contents rather than a for loop. But if lists are awful to use, then that'd be a good reason to not use them.

Meh, there are alot of interfaces and generic objects I have no idea what they do or how to use them. Enumeration is just useful (so is the IDictionary and ICollection from what I've seen, I just need to learn them)...I am really rambling tonight.
raocow wrote:the neon butterflies return once more from their blessed sleep;
there are no holes in the future, only death.
EagleEye

Post by EagleEye »

Wait, lists are a premium feature? YoYo you jerks.

Yeah, I've noticed in C# that Lists and Dictionaries are extremely useful. Lists, along with single-line comments and overloads, are one of the things I have trouble not being able to use in ANSI C.

/* I seriously hate single-line multi-line comments. They hurt my brain. */
raocow on "raocow":
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

raocow, when you get to the boss on the next stage make sure to destroy the "shield" first.
GauRocks

Post by GauRocks »

I wish I had watched yesterday's video before today's came out, because I had successfully predicted Ice Man for this level and wanted to take a stab at all of them.
Wily 1 was Cutman because the dragon is weak to boomerangs.
Likewise, Wily 4 is Bombman because the walls are only vulnerable to explosions
Wily 3 has to be Gutsman because... seriously. There's only one robot who can fight the Guts Dozer.
Wily 6 is Fireman, because Wily's got some fire and bubble weaknesses and we only have one of those.
Of the remaining two, Elecman makes more sense in the Wily 5 refights where he can't hit multiple targets
And Ice Man gets Wily 2, where freezing the boss could make for some interesting moments. It didn't happen, but freezing the entire game, that's pretty good too.
AUS
Toni#4796
First name: Toni
Pronouns: they/them/their

Post by AUS »

EagleEye wrote:I didn't even know GML had array support.
:geek:
"oh no my best friend was replaced by a evil demon shadow monster"
"argh i am the evil shadow monster demon shadow"
Vip is pronounced "Beep"
nostalgic realtime nitroid let's play playlist
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Okay, scratch my earlier advice. Riverroad has updated the game with bugfixes, just download it again from our forum link. If you already have the game, just take the new exe and put it in the same folder as the old exe and your saves will still work.

http://fusionfangaming.spriters-resourc ... ,35.0.html

Also raocow, after you finish the game you should play the boss replay of the Pico Pico Master so we can see the proper end to the boss. Or maybe even put it in tonight's video.
EagleEye

Post by EagleEye »

You probably still remember this, but if you go to the right on the level select screen, you get a boss fight select screen.

Speaking of which, that was very good planning on Riverroad's part to make it so as soon as you kill the boss the level is marked as complete. Also, I just now noticed he isn't in this thread. I had previously assumed that if you ever played Command and Conquer, Brent Sperry, Joseph Kucan, and Frank Klepacki would be in the thread for it.
raocow on "raocow":
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

Who's not in this thread, riverroad? Last night he said he was still waiting for his account to get validated.
EagleEye

Post by EagleEye »

[joke]raocow, LP Command and Conquer; I want to talk to Brett Sperry.[/joke]

Also, I'm starting to think forums should implement [joke] and [notjoke] tags.
raocow on "raocow":
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

Did he post in the 'post here to get activated' forum?

in any case, I just activated him!
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
Rameau's Nephew

Post by Rameau's Nephew »

Flashman a non-cripple? His attacks actually having having a chance of connecting instead of zooming harmlessly past the time-frozen Mega Man in nine out of ten instances? Heresy!
AuraLancer
AKA Uncle Aura

Post by AuraLancer »

He gained a meat shield in Bubbleman, raising his confidence and therefore his competence.

Or something.