(shouting)

[ARCHIVED] ASMBXT: Post Levels Here

an SMBX collaboration hack!
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Re: ASMBXT: Post Levels Here

Post by darkychao »

8flight wrote:
darkychao wrote:I guess I might repost this here
I've been working on a level for the potential A2MBXT, it's mostly done, but when I turn it to "no turnback" mode the events mess up, in that when the SMB1 axes either despawn or have their layers hidden they act as if they died, does any one have a solution to this.
Here is the level if anyone was wondering.
Darkychao - The Action of Syo & Bon.zip
What game is this level referencing. I played it before. I just don't know its name.
syobon action
This level spawned from a my mapping project of that game.
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

I can't believe people have already started making levels for A2MBXT, what kind of nerdlinger would do something like that?
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

dr_kraid wrote:I can't believe people have already started making levels for A2MBXT, what kind of nerdlinger would do something like that?
I don't know.Image
Edit: In that level, where you get the key, you can key clip and get stuck in the area to the left. So, either make it possible to escape or somehow fix the key clipping.
Last edited by darkychao 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

dr_kraid wrote:I can't believe people have already started making levels for A2MBXT, what kind of nerdlinger would do something like that?
The kind that has tons of ideas that didn't get done in time for ASMBXT 1 ?
fart.
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

darkychao wrote:Edit: In that level, where you get the key, you can key clip and get stuck in the area to the left. So, either make it possible to escape or somehow fix the key clipping.
Criminy, you think I'm gonna bother fixing an edge case like that?
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

Haha oh wow, actually you can do it on the other side as well. But you'd basically have to want it to happen so IDGAF!!
kil3

Post by kil3 »

my a2mbxt level is already done. it's gonna be weird if no one has seen raocow play my asmbxt level yet though
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Just a note: I've come up with an easier way for A2MBXT to upload levels, so we don't have to worry about places going down. It's not up yet, but when it is, I'll post info here.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

SAJewers wrote:Just a note: I've come up with an easier way for A2MBXT to upload levels, so we don't have to worry about places going down. It's not up yet, but when it is, I'll post info here.
OK, what I was planning on using didn't seem to work out. Oh well. I'll keep looking.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

Well, since we're posting A2MBXT levels, here's a start of one:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id= ... sp=sharing

you should be able to go the levels folder and download WeWillFallTogether.zip. If you use Google Drive, then send me your email and I'll share the folder with you so you can access that folder fron Google Drive.

Two other things:

You'll see there an "Assorted Music" Folder. It's a collection of music I've ended up collecting during ASMBXT development, that I may never use. Feel free to use any of that there, and add to it if I share the folder with you.

I have an idea for "cutscenes", though I'll need to know how things shake out first.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

If I make levels for A2MBXT if it happens I'll stick to making hard levels. I think I'm better at that.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Please leave lots of time for A2MBXT submissions. I've got MaGL2, another SMBX that will remain nameless, and a vacation next week. I've got all these fingers but not enough time!
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

8flight wrote:
Thats a great way to use the fairy npc. One suggestion: Warn the player if they touch the ground that they will turn into the player instead of the fairy.
I tried to avoid that with the lava and spikes. Are there places I missed?
SAJewers

Post by SAJewers »

aterraformer wrote:Please leave lots of time for A2MBXT submissions. I've got MaGL2, another SMBX that will remain nameless, and a vacation next week. I've got all these fingers but not enough time!
IMO let's wait until the ASMBXT LP is over before really starting to think about A2MBXT.
Blivsey
forever an obscure pokemons
First name: liv/livvy
Pronouns: she/her
https://blivsey.talkhaus.com/

Post by Blivsey »

So... I've also been working on a level for the second thing, since I've had a little free time and sometimes you just gotta make a mario level, but it appears to have broken for no reason. Can anyone get the autoscrolling to work proper? I originally had it set to begin autoscroll at Level Start, but I moved the settings to a different event (so I could trigger it via item) and now it's not scrolling. (I set Default layer to scroll for now as a band-aid, before you ask.)

Also, give your thoughts on the premise I guess why not.
convenient noise thread for stress-relief purposes
Holy

Post by Holy »

I think autoscroll'll only work on Level Start.
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

I noticed that the original asmbxt only had one Koops level so I decided to create my own, it focuses on reacting to enemy placement with a few platforming parts and holds quite a few secrets. It has two exits and it's moderate difficulty, you may die a few times but it's nothing too crazy.

http://www.mediafire.com/?8arcaa1sbf9s14a

Try it out, feedback is wanted!
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
Septentrion Pleiades
Banned
First name: Stephen

Post by Septentrion Pleiades »

MonkeyShrapnel wrote:I noticed that the original asmbxt only had one Koops level so I decided to create my own, it focuses on reacting to enemy placement with a few platforming parts and holds quite a few secrets. It has two exits and it's moderate difficulty, you may die a few times but it's nothing too crazy.

The midway point seems kind of lopsided, especially if you try the first part enough to figure out how to float over everything.
darkychao

Post by darkychao »

MonkeyShrapnel wrote:I noticed that the original asmbxt only had one Koops level so I decided to create my own, it focuses on reacting to enemy placement with a few platforming parts and holds quite a few secrets. It has two exits and it's moderate difficulty, you may die a few times but it's nothing too crazy.

why are there bullet bill spawners right next to bullet bill launchers? also, blind jumps= disqualification.
MonkeyShrapnel
Poke a Man
First name: Brian
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by MonkeyShrapnel »

Okay so after some feedback and balancing along with making sure that there are no blind jumps,

Koopa Time V2
http://www.mediafire.com/?vloib7q6zi43k62
Uh...Do I just sign here? What do you mean it should be obvious? There are people in this world...well...a whole lot of people that can't follow basic instructions!

My silly "Collab" Youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/user/Theguyswho ... s/featured
(That means I'm the only person using it nowadays.)
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

Where's that Kood level that was taken out due to it being "too hard". Submit it. Now is the time.
raocow wrote:the plan is to wait for Jump to be released and then replacing the graphics without telling anyone involved with Jump.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Geez, peeps are submitting ASMBXT2 levels already? There better not be zero level slots suddenly, planning hasn't even happened yet and I want some time to work on a level or two. :P
Last edited by Xirix 11 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
aterraformer

Post by aterraformer »

I claim like 5. One of them may or may not be the final boss of something
Shinoda

Post by Shinoda »

I guess since people are claiming A2MBXT levels, I'll claim 2. One may either be early game or gimmick/postgame/whatever
Horikawa Otane wrote:Butt-lamps are -30 points, so =p
ImageImageImage
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I don't think it's a good idea to do claiming to be honest. Why not use the same method as ASMBXT and just do first come first serve until we hit our limit? That way no one is help accountable or what not.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P