(shouting)

[ARCHIVED] ASMBXT: Post Levels Here

an SMBX collaboration hack!
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Re: ASMBXT: Post Levels Here

Post by SAJewers »

Credits Level

I plan to redo the graphics once the Iris spreitesheet is done, and the text is subject to change. I also realize the mp3 filesize needs to be shrunk.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

kil3 wrote:This is a great idea imo
Yeah, it was one of those ideas that was too good for the person having it.

Saving the credits level from last-page hell:
SAJewers wrote:Credits Level

I plan to redo the graphics once the Iris spreitesheet is done, and the text is subject to change. I also realize the mp3 filesize needs to be shrunk.
Duker
I post u2be tags I guess

Post by Duker »

SAJewers wrote:I also realize the mp3 filesize needs to be shrunk.
I'm on it.

Edit: Here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/561907/ForOthe ... ersion.mp3
fart.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

It's not really a level.
Just testing some illusions and invisible blocks.
I might make a level based on that black cat for the sequel.
Link
Edit: I'd like to know if those monsters are too scary.
Last edited by Willhart 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

Due to 'popular' demand I have 'finished' my new level and it is now open to critique!

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/mbkctybn65hdl0 ... uldemo.zip
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

Here is an update for Doctor Shemp and my level, fricken meta.
http://www.mediafire.com/?88jm27597n98of6
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

Ascend v1.0

This is pretty much just the last version I posted with a star at the end. :V The level was originally going to be about twice as long, but I kind of lost inspiration and realized that I wasn't going to finish in time for the deadline. Besides, it should be difficult enough as it is; making it twice as long would probably be overkill.

e: or are all the levels slots filled already?
shaman

Post by shaman »

yoshicookiezeus wrote:Ascend v1.0

This is pretty much just the last version I posted with a star at the end. :V The level was originally going to be about twice as long, but I kind of lost inspiration and realized that I wasn't going to finish in time for the deadline. Besides, it should be difficult enough as it is; making it twice as long would probably be overkill.

e: or are all the levels slots filled already?
well, since it's the same as the last, newer reviews wouldn't change much, would it?
just place stuff accordingly into the folder, and correct the filenames, and it's pretty much good for final submission
is this videogames?
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Except I'm fairly certain that my last version never got any reviews. :V
shaman

Post by shaman »

yoshicookiezeus wrote:Except I'm fairly certain that my last version never got any reviews. :V
dang, I'm pretty sure I reviewed it, but now looking at the thread I seem to be mistaken. I'm sure as hell that I played it and took quite some time to finish, maybe that's the reason. by the time I finished it I probably forgot what I was going to do in the first place. but regardless, I still think it's submittable
is this videogames?
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

yoshicookiezeus wrote:Except I'm fairly certain that my last version never got any reviews. :V
Try searching the thread for your level. I think someone did it...
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Pholtos wrote:Try searching the thread for your level. I think someone did it...
No, I checked again; there's a single review for the first version, but none for the second.

And I'm fairly certain that the very last part of the level wasn't in the second version, so it'd still be nice if someone could play through it and check that it's reasonable for someone that isn't the level designer.
Mata Hari

Post by Mata Hari »

Maybe we should start thinking about fixing up submitted but unfinished levels. No?
Ignoritus
O◡O

Post by Ignoritus »

http://www.sendspace.com/file/cy0gvj

Finished the boss for Edge of the Universe. I kind of went waaaaay over the top. It's also kind of buggy, but I don't think too much so. Worst case scenario, I remove it and keep the rest of the level. I don't think it's THAT buggy though.

Someone else has to judge difficulty, my ASMBXT has an odd glitch in that I can't spinjump whilst running, which makes it borderline impossible for me to beat.
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/87993749/cheez ... Palace.lvl

So, um, hello! Here's an entirely new level for you all!
I may not have much time left, but I'm determined to get this finished in time! One thing I'd like to note is that the four switches in the hub will NOT be in the ultimately-final version; I placed them there for the sake of testing early on and figured I may as well leave them there for you guys too. That said, I hope you all enjoy my level!
Last edited by cheez8 11 years ago, edited 3 times in total.
I don't really get it but okay
darkychao
Location: When you sleep there's a lesson you must learn: not for the lesson today, mate.

Post by darkychao »

cheez8 wrote:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/87993749/cheez ... Palace.lvl

I may not have much time left, but I'm determined to get this finished in time! One thing I'd like to note is that the four switches in the hub will NOT be in the ultimately-final version; I placed them there for the sake of testing early on and figured I may as well leave them there for you guys too. Also, I decided very recently that most of the red path was not at all to my liking, so I got rid of a whole bunch of it. Rather than take another day or two to post this here, I decided to leave the partially-complete version of that path in, and finish it within the next couple of days while I work on fixing things up as per any feedback I get. That said, I hope you all enjoy my level!

(...um. That link works, right???)
the link works
BeatBoxingBoo wrote:a medley is just, like, a mixture of medics
Check out my TF2 community workshop stuff:
Crust CrusherImage Crafty CutterImage PinheadImageThreadImage
If I didn't like anybody who had a different opinion than me on something I like I wouldn't have any friends.-Bwarch
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

darkychao wrote:
cheez8 wrote:https://dl.dropbox.com/u/87993749/cheez ... Palace.lvl

I may not have much time left, but I'm determined to get this finished in time! One thing I'd like to note is that the four switches in the hub will NOT be in the ultimately-final version; I placed them there for the sake of testing early on and figured I may as well leave them there for you guys too. Also, I decided very recently that most of the red path was not at all to my liking, so I got rid of a whole bunch of it. Rather than take another day or two to post this here, I decided to leave the partially-complete version of that path in, and finish it within the next couple of days while I work on fixing things up as per any feedback I get. That said, I hope you all enjoy my level!

(...um. That link works, right???)
the link works
Alright, good. I gave it a test click and got directed to a bunch of text for some reason, so that's a relief to hear. Thank you!
Ignoritus
O◡O

Post by Ignoritus »

Ignoritus wrote:http://www.sendspace.com/file/cy0gvj

Finished the boss for Edge of the Universe. I kind of went waaaaay over the top. It's also kind of buggy, but I don't think too much so. Worst case scenario, I remove it and keep the rest of the level. I don't think it's THAT buggy though.

Someone else has to judge difficulty, my ASMBXT has an odd glitch in that I can't spinjump whilst running, which makes it borderline impossible for me to beat.
Still need a rereview on this before I can formally submit.
cheez8
Food Nut

Post by cheez8 »

I haven't received any feedback yet, but I've updated my level so that the red path is finished to my liking, making the palace entirely complete. I know it hasn't had any reviews yet, but I figured I might as well upload the full level rather than keep waiting to incorporate feedback for the other paths.

If I had to gauge the difficulty, I'd say it's between late mid-game and end-game difficulty depending on how bad I am at actually playing SMBX.

The download link is two to four posts up, by the way! You can't miss it!
shaman

Post by shaman »

guys: since this is the final week, don't even bother expecting reviews, just submit and leave testing and fixing to the beta phase (but of course, make sure the guidelines are followed)
is this videogames?
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

A level.
It's my attempt on the cat planet level. I'll still have to add a lot of cats, some enemies, collectibles and a proper ending. Moving between sections may still cause some problems.
http://www.file-upload.net/download-710 ... d.rar.html
Paralars

Post by Paralars »

You can kinda rush past the enemies easily, maybe add something to slow the player down
adamwcz

Post by adamwcz »

deleted
Last edited by adamwcz 11 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Xirix
The British Palindrome

Post by Xirix »

Late submission time!
Level Name : Tewi Eien Tewi.

I'm not the best judge but I'd say mid to late game difficulty. Lakitus are friendly so they don't kill you so easily on the high slopes.

I've playtested this and it's finishable, however if you want to edit it a bit to make it more doable I don't mind, or perhaps add a midpoint half way despite it being fairly short.

IMPORTANT : This level uses Luigi and is very dependant on Luigi not having powerups : Update : Filter room added.

Also if the music is too loud / too quiet I can run the mp3 through vegas and tamper the volume.

Link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/box69gpqlul5q ... enTewi.rar
Last edited by Xirix 11 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
lukaramu
not lukaramu
First name: not lukaramu

Post by lukaramu »

Xirix wrote:Late submission time!
Level Name : Tewi Eien Tewi.

I'm not the best judge but I'd say mid to late game difficulty. Lakitus are friendly so they don't kill you so easily on the high slopes.

I've playtested this and it's finishable, however if you want to edit it a bit to make it more doable I don't mind, or perhaps add a midpoint half way despite it being fairly short.

IMPORTANT : This level uses Luigi and is very dependant on Luigi not having powerups, I'm not sure how the overworld of the game is going to work, but the player must be changed to powerupless Luigi before entering, I will add a filter and change to luigi room if need be, please inform me if I need to.

Also if the music is too loud / too quiet I can run the mp3 through vegas and tamper the volume.

Link : https://www.dropbox.com/s/luhicxi0xyjkq ... 20Tewi.rar
You should probably post this to viewtopic.php?f=29&t=12251 for it to count.