Here's 0.90 of ASMBXT: Prelude To The Stupid. I've transitioned everything from a Dev Kit to a final looking game. This also Includes the HUB World, which will be used in the final game. This doesn't however, include the new exe with updated strings, cheats, and Splash Screen. So don't try and play Super Demo 128, as the cheat doesn't match the sign. Otherwise, this can be considered near-final.
If you want to play any of the Gimmick Levels, you can either find them yourself, hidden in the HUB World, or use the Level Editor and change the Player 1 Start Location. See the Wiki for what level is in what world.
Also, You'll need to re-download everything again. Apologies.
SAJewers wrote:Another Devkit update, just in case I'm not around this weekend due to a storm:
Updates to Life Lift, Revolution, It's a Wonderful Demo, Misery Down, Final Fight, and Technical Difficulties.
Demo/Toad Graphic Updates
Added in missing Raocow Boomerang Graphic
- Added in the death and star collect jingles
- Added in Fixed Animated Ice Flower
- Added in Saw thing Update
- Added in Updates to Levels "Only One Screen", "Climbing the Mountian", "Mysterious Jungle", "Fricken Meta", "Spikey Cavey", "Gotta Go Quick", "Knock On Wood", "Leaky Jungle", "The Firelands", "Synthetic Nightmare", and "Technical Difficulties"
- Added player blocks to the episode folder (so they show in the level editor)
SAJewers wrote:OK, an Update to the Devkit:
- Updated the Luigi and Kood Graphics with the latest updates
- Added Updates to Mild Interruptions, Only 1 Screen, Fricken Meta, and Four of a Kind
- I Fixed Star Issue in Reverse Zone, and fixed Music Looping issue with Reverse Zone and The Lounge
- Demo/iris Blocks in each sublevel of the Hub, Updated Powerups area, main area loops around now
- Fixed Majestic Tower using wrong end NPC
- Added Death Counter Program
I'll post a new version of the devkit with all the updates in a bit.
SAJewers wrote:Frozelar wrote:Yeah, if I recall Google Drive usually requires a sign-in.
Also that's one big file. Or at least it's large considering there's only level stuff in there. ASMBXT is gonna be a bigger game than I thought.
EDIT: Oh, huh. Yeah I tried it too and it seemed to work. Maybe it's browser-specific...?
It's not just level stuff. It's the entire development kit, engine, graphics, levels, and all. Level stuff is just 422 MB
8Flight: ATM, download the, download the full kit and extract it somewhere, then download the update and place it in the same folder (if you use c:\asmbxt for the dev kit, extract the update to c:\asmbxt)
also: try useing the links, see if it works:dev kit | update1
EDIT: Just a note, if anyone has any level fixes, submit them, and when I wake up tomorrow, I'll release another update to add those fixes.
older stuff:The following below is an explanation of the dev kit by Zaidyer.
- Most of the AXMT graphics are already set up. To see them while building a level, make sure to save your level to the "worlds\AXMT Dev Episode" folder. The rest are STTB1+2's defaults.
- The default soundtrack and sound effects are still mostly the STTB1+2 versions. They're of better quality than the SMBX defaults, but you'll likely end up changing them anyway since you really don't have to use Mario sounds for this.
- I've changed the "please buy a wii" screen and a couple bits on the main menu to be more appropriate to ASMT and the Talkhaus. If these changes need to be reverted or altered for any reason, there's a "clean" ASMBXT.exe courtesy of Kaskabald which you can make copies of in order to romhack the hardcoded graphics. (The tool to do this was also included, courtesy of the NSMBX Forums.) I don't have the time to put forward for a more extensive hack, so I'll leave it to you guys.
- I've left the source gifs I used for the new hardcoded graphics in a special folder outside the main game. There's also some PNGs to use as references, but note that you can only hack in actual gifs!
Here is the updated download link and brief description (thanks to raekuul):
raekuul wrote:Thank you, kind sir.
THE DEV KIT has been repackaged to include the World File, and it's been uploaded to my Dropbox account! No more mucking around with Mediafire, too!
Although I think I just volunteered to 'host' the dev kit. Ah well, that's fine with me.
Zaidyer, do you have a dropbox?
raekuul is hosting the dev kit. Please reply if you have any other comments/suggestions that you'd like to point out from the dev kit. Thanks.