(shouting)

raocow's thread -mention me raocow!!!!

it came, it went! all the old ASMT stuff is here
Tails_155
May be dead.
First name: Kit/Tails
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: raocow's thread -mention me raocow!!!!

Post by Tails_155 »

TwilightArts wrote:Once the LP is done, we're gonna send the script to James Cameron - I predict the first animated movie in 3D in December 2013.
This.

Also, I had something else to say, and forgot... -headdesk-

Oh! The game, is it going to be open-to-download after raocow finishes it, or what?
I'm member number 499 (⬤)∀(⬤)
flameofdoubt

Post by flameofdoubt »

That's the plan, yeah.
Pixie casts Dekunda. Insufficient MP!
FroggerbobT

Re: raocow's thread

Post by FroggerbobT »

rubberfishy wrote:I predict this hack will be finished some time after March 2010, srsly.
Nice estimate from several months ago lol.
My youtube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/FroggerbobT

Will be posting videos of my level as work progresses on it.
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

So, do you not like not having a score? :?:
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

I just made a thread for discussing the possibly upcoming ASMT 2, but it's only for talking about ideas or what people think we should do if we actually start a second collab.

It is not for actually collaboration, like making levels and such. More of planning how we'll organize and ideas people propose.
Trouble with a capital COW.

<math>\tan{A}\sin{N}</math>
Moniker

Post by Moniker »

Ok, it's officially nagging time. YCZ, I love you like my own son, but where the hell is the bugfix?

You have about 1 day before the fixes really begin to matter. If you're going to drag your heels you really ought to pass it off to someone else.
Nothing's easy.

Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

If you're concerned as such... maybe you should do it just in case (I know I am concerned... but... I can't do anything about it... :( ... or is that your issue, too?)

BTW, raocow, the level I sent you canonically is the next sublevel you'd enter... I think... regardless, it's part of King Charles' Castle. I didn't Demo-ify the Mario Sprite though :(
raocow
the death of the incredible huge
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily
https://raocow.talkhaus.com/

Post by raocow »

I want to play the castle 'as is', like, I don't want to interupt the flow of the level, no matter how it's 'supposed' to be - so I'll be playing it afterwards, as a sort of bonus content sort of thing.

Actually....

Find someone to put the correct gfx in it - I'm SURE there's someone that's able to help you with that, right? Because if you do, I'll be able to seemlessly edit (minus the hud but eh) a playthrough of that level in it somewhere (I'm saying this because I'm sure the big castle will span more then one update).
the chillaxest of dragonsImage
RealLink

Post by RealLink »

@Tails
Do you have the beta? You could just extract the Demo GFX from there and insert it into a ROM with your level in.
Moniker

Post by Moniker »

Yeah the real issue is that beyond Tails's level there are other things that only YCZ can do right now. Only he and raocow have the latest build (as far as I know), and there's a ton of other stuff that he has that no one else does.

I just really want to get this set of fixes in (which includes a good deal of stuff other than Tails's level), and then test the hell out of that version to make sure it's up to snuff for the public release once raocow's done, and no later. Then we can all start having fun again with A2MT.
Nothing's easy.

Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

Well... for one... raocow, by now, has probably started on King Charles' Castle... so we're technically late for that, anyway, Moniker.
Moniker

Post by Moniker »

Well, raocow, here's Tails's castle sublevel w/ Demo GFX. FTW, if you will.

Thus endeth an era.
Attachments
TailsCastle.ips
(353.15 KiB) Downloaded 158 times
Nothing's easy.

yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

Post by yoshicookiezeus »

I would like to make an apology for the delay in getting version 1.1 finished. Since v1.0 didn't really contain any gamebreaking glitches (apart from the whole Rumia/final boss freeRAM conflict, but that was circumvented), I have been prioritizing school (the last term before you finish high school tends to be kind of busy) over ASMT, and my free time has mostly been spent doing my job as a hack moderator over at SMWC. I'll try to get the time to work on it tomorrow, as I don't think that I have any pieces of homework at the moment that can't be put off until after the weekend.
Argumentable
the biggest shit
https://argu.talkhaus.com/

Post by Argumentable »

At least give what you have to someone
I'm on Youtube andTwitter and Discord so say hi to me on there cause I don't really post here also I have sigs off so I can make my sig as ugly as I want and it won't bother me this is my sig btw
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

The problem with that is that, well... there would be quite a lot of files to transfer. What with all the music tracks, custom sprites and blocks, patches, various database files, and general uninserted stuff, it would probably be at least 100 MB, which is far above the attachment limit of this forum. Not to mention that actually collecting all the needed files (and clearing out the already inserted stuff from my ASMT folder) would probably be more work than just finishing up v1.1 myself.
raocow
Location: maybe the Wizards are the most complex, and the sales guys are up their daily

Post by raocow »

In a way, take the time that you need - I just think it'd be swell to have a release version when the lp is done (though it still has some updates left from what I played of the castle so...)
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

[Dang... so he did start... EDIT: Way to pay attention to posts directed at you half a page up! -headdesk- I swore I read that.] either way, thank you Moniker!~ ♥

Also, YCZ, I know the feeling of the whole school thing, trust me. Take care of that first. :P

To any naysayers as far as that... do remember he is getting payed a grand total of $0 like the rest of you for this project. :S
yoshicookiezeus
Help! pawprint

raocow wrote:In a way, take the time that you need - I just think it'd be swell to have a release version when the lp is done (though it still has some updates left from what I played of the castle so...)
Since the next C3 at SMWC is sometime at the beginning of May, we have been planning to release the final version then. Provided you are done with LP by then, of course.
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

yoshicookiezeus wrote:The problem with that is that, well... there would be quite a lot of files to transfer. What with all the music tracks, custom sprites and blocks, patches, various database files, and general uninserted stuff, it would probably be at least 100 MB, which is far above the attachment limit of this forum. Not to mention that actually collecting all the needed files (and clearing out the already inserted stuff from my ASMT folder) would probably be more work than just finishing up v1.1 myself.
You could Megaupload it, it's pretty useful for me. I wanted a backup of all my random stuff I was deleting that I thought I might still have use for so I backed up quite alot of mb there.

HarmfulGravemind
First name: Steve

Post by HarmfulGravemind »

chdata wrote:You could Megaupload it, it's pretty useful for me. I wanted a backup of all my random stuff I was deleting that I thought I might still have use for so I backed up quite alot of mb there.
Oh come one, Megaupload flatout sucks, I would suggest Mediafire. You can upload up to an 200MB File (as many files as you want), and it will never get deleted. Also the good thing for the downloader is that there is no waiting or maximum download per hour bullshit thing.

http://www.mediafire.com/
Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Megaupload has those problems? Lol never noticed. The only thing I've ever noticed is which sites give me annoying popups.

Chdata

Post by Chdata »

Hey YCZ you have the Demo Counter Fix patch I made right? (Makes it compatible with my one patch that diables that one thing. And makes it increment when falling in holes.)

Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

Just doublechecking: did you get the thing Moniker fixed for me?

download/file.php?id=2222

here it is if you missed it!~
raocow

Post by raocow »

It's already recorded, I just tend to upload 'bonus' material later in the day.
Tails_155
May be dead.

Post by Tails_155 »

Cool! Just wondering~ :)

I guess I should start work on a formal apology for all the complaining EVERYWHERE about it... :(