(shouting)

everything.raocow v3

here's a good place for FRIENDLY, ENJOYABLE, and otherwise very GENERAL discussion!
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Re: Why did the Talkhaustrophe happen?

Post by Dragon Fogel »

Okay, I categorized things in Yoshi's Island Level Design Contest '14, A2MT, and Copy Kitty Turbo.

It looks like there are two gaps. One is the Valdis Story/Something Else one I mentioned earlier; the other starts after 11-1 for Copy Kitty Turbo and 4th Place for YI Design Contest, then the next video is A2MT 25.

Also, wow there were a lot of A2MT reminder videos.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

Dragon Fogel wrote: Also, wow there were a lot of A2MT reminder videos.
yeah lol
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

Dragon Fogel wrote:I was bored so I started categorizing the most recent videos, since it's ordered that way I found it easier to work with. (Although it may be misleading to anyone else who looks there and thinks "oh I guess the earlier stuff is done", no it isn't.)

Then I discovered that the list, organized by "latest video", skips from Valdis Story 18 to Something Else 19 and only has one episode of Super Demo Sisters.

So there might be stuff missing? That or the list is out of order.
ok i've added the 33 missing videos
devil†zukin

Re: everything.raocow v3

Post by devil†zukin »

okay i've categorised everything

i threw all the remaining uncategorised videos into Misc so some of them might need recategorising into the right place
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Pretty sure there were a lot more miscs than that...

e: wait there's also an Uncategorized
Dragon Fogel
Master of Pointlessness

Post by Dragon Fogel »

A2MT and Copy Kitty Turbo are still listed as "In Progress". I tried changing the category names, but it didn't go through for some reason.
Click that banner if you like reading words.
Make levels from unused MAGL X names!
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

im just half way thru adding that field to the page - im adding something else cool rite now tho!!
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I noticed that I can assign videos to existing categories but not make a new one.

Since there's a lot of A2MT-related announcement videos, I would suggest a separate category for those, similar to WTH category.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

you can add categories - ctrl f "add series" it's in the same place as all the other links
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

done! i think this is pretty neat -> http://everything.raocow.com:3000/videos/4039 it loads a whole playlist of related videos (from the same categories) now and dumps you at the video you requested
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

Dragon Fogel wrote:A2MT and Copy Kitty Turbo are still listed as "In Progress". I tried changing the category names, but it didn't go through for some reason.
okay sorted

e:

ill deploy the site soon

should hopefully be faster + not on :3000
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Ok, the announcements and raocow's level test videos for A2MT are now in "A2MT Announcements". If anyone wants to waste time double-check for videos missing then go ahead. Be aware that not all A2MT-related videos will say "a2mt" in the title.

At one point I got some syntax error when I was trying to edit categories. This happened when I had two video pages open, and I clicked "edit categories" for both of them, but then I clicked "Update Video" in reverse order.
The updates still went through, despite the error.

The search works really well, though it takes a bit to load, probably because of the live loading as you type.

Also what's this? (Docfuture - Sonic 1 Easy Mode from RaocowGV channel, but it's someone else?)
Last edited by ano0maly 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

it says in the description they just uploaded it since they liked it lol

not raocow related
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

ok i'm going to see about deploying so :3000 is going down
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

okay don't edit :3000 anymore it's my dev vers and none of your changes will end up on the real thing

http://everything.raocow.com/
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

Are there any videos that don't have any series checked? I think the system should automatically put them in a default category.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

not doing that since it just adds more effort when categorising them

& there are no uncategorised old videos
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

I searched for A2XT and got an error: http://everything.raocow.com/videos/sea ... %5B%5D=307

Also if possible; it would be nice to be able to filter by series title on the series page. I know you can do that from the search page, but having it right there when looking for a series would be a lot more convenient.

EDIT: Also, copy kitty turbo is still marked as in progress.
Last edited by docopoper 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

yeah search doesn't work at all right now

just use ?per_page=999 on the series page and Ctrl f for now
docopoper
Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Nulla non pharetra enim, nec maximus odio.
First name: Shane Farrell
Pronouns: they/he

Post by docopoper »

Also, are series being ordered by the first video in them or something? Because A2XT is way down the list. I'm guessing that's because of the announcement video for it during the start of development.
The first thing I would do with infinite power would be to make myself a cave where I could look at my shadow forever.

Image <- Go team Yeah Doctor Shemp.!
Image <- That's everyone being nice to me. ^^

I made a game called Utter Confusion! Play it! :D
It's a lot of fun and has been incredibly popular at every indie game dev party I've brought it to.
ano0maly
Discord User

Post by ano0maly »

I tried removing the announcements but that didn't fix the problem so I added them back in.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

some of the videos have really weird publish dates (like, way before video creation) - youtube api, idk

i'll try switching it to use creation date or update date
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

there we go, fixed the dodgy dates -> http://everything.raocow.com/series

everything is by video published_at time (and i'll add more later)