(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Kshaard
Dodo/
First name: mac5565
Pronouns: he/him/his

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Kshaard »

Playing quite a bit of Banjo-Kazooie and Sonic 2 recently.

Nothing really to say; they're both great games and everyone has already said everything it is possible to say about them.
Swimming controls are pretty bad in BK though, I'll admit.
This is someone's signature.

"I don't like that universe I just created by accident . . ."
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Beat Kingdom Hearts 358.5 Days. I refuse to call it its true ambiguous name. :P

It became very bleh towards the end, I felt like avoiding fights was a better use of my time since everything began getting waaay too much health. Ending seemed to tie everything up nicely.

Gonna work on beating Pokemon Colosseum next. Been on my to do list for a while. Oh. I had already beaten the game, I'm in a postgame area. XD
Last edited by pholtos 7 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
jayScribble
FEEL THE FORCE
Pronouns: it, they, that

Post by jayScribble »

pholtos wrote: 7 years ago Beat Kingdom Hearts 358.5 Days. I refuse to call it it's true ambiguous name. :P
I still call it 358/2(358 over 2) days because mainly as a joke in that I beat the game in around 48 hours.
Have a 3DS friend code and PM me if you added me: 1289-8788-1766
Three important threads for me:
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Closing in on the end of July in Persona 4 now (game starts in mid-April), so the party is nearly full. Good cast of characters for the most part, although a couple have had some eye roll moments.
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks
Pronouns: she/they

Post by BurntTenda »

I hate Vexen's Auto-Life in Re:Chain of Memories. I am full of hate for it!
Something goes here sometime.
Oh yeah, I have a Youtube channel
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Picked up Escape 2042 - The Truth Defenders and ended up beating it in three sessions. It's not a bad platformer, despite the few frustrating sections, and considering it's essentially a Homebrew Genesis and Dreamcast game.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

So I was playing Tactics Ogre: Knight of Lodis until suddenly things started hitting super hard and I don't feel like continuing... cause it's a tactical rpg that when things die they are gone.

I am not a fan of games where you can perma-lose chars at any time. Blargh.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Finished Blossom Tales today.

There were a few puzzles that were way too hard to me, and some might find the game easier than classic Zelda games, but other than that, It's really well done.

100% recommend. If you're even remotely interested in the genre, give it a shot.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

SAJewers wrote: 7 years ago Finished Blossom Tales today.

There were a few puzzles that were way too hard to me, and some might find the game easier than classic Zelda games, but other than that, It's really well done.

100% recommend. If you're even remotely interested in the genre, give it a shot.
I just started that today coincidentally. I had some fairly severe criticisms on it though. I'll copy+paste them over from IsoNation:
Decided to play through Blossom Tales: The Sleeping King since I just finished replaying Kindred Spirits again. (For the third time now, lol.) I want to like it a lot more than I am so far but it has some issues. Some of them are pervasive enough that they add up, especially when combined with the less pervasive ones.

The most immediate thing you'll notice after starting the game is that Lily apparently is part snail. And part snail on ice at that because despite being so slow she still randomly has momentum when you let off the button. This is annoying because even walking one screen takes significantly longer than it feels like it should, even more so when walking through shallow water, long grass, or even up stairs slows you down considerably to begin with.

Then there's an annoying issue where trying to interact with something doesn't require you to be facing it resulting in you easily talking to one npc or otherwise interacting with something when you're aiming for something else altogether. And interaction in general is a bit wonky at times. The hitbox for interacting with some things is really huge. And the difference between throwing something you've picked up and dropping it seems a bit off due to the aforementioned momentum crap meaning you'll try to set something down and throw it instead because you still had a tiny bit of momentum or you mean to throw something but drop it instead because you haven't built up enough momentum.

I also have to criticize this one puzzle in the first dungeon. What you need to do is obvious enough, you hit a switch and it activates for a short while before deactivating. There's four of these switches in the room and you're locked in the room (even reloading puts you straight back in this locked room) until you solve it. The issue is that the execution on this is so tight that I had to go and look up that I wasn't missing something obvious because it was so difficult. (Which didn't work because there's nothing on Gamefaqs nor the Steam guides section for the game...)

And then there's the boss. The boss is actually kinda fun. But it has a big issue. Not enough clear feedback on whether you're doing the right thing or not. In particular you have to throw bombs in its mouth to stun it. However it's inconsistent on this. It seems to have two different actions where its mouth is open as far as I can tell but during one of these it's actually not vulnerable to bombs despite both actions being the boss laughing or something. And the part that comes after this is fairly obvious as well but you have so little time, so little energy at this point to use your bow (a huge issue since bombs and arrows both use energy and you can only get off a grand total of three before having to wait like 15-20 seconds for your gauge to refill), and have to deal with any remaining attacks on the field that the entire thing becomes a total clusterfuck. I went into the boss fight with two health potions and two revive items and ended up using all of them for what should have been an easy boss. So it ended up feeling really freaking cheap.
Willhart
Stalker, Doxxer, and Sexual Harasser
Banned

Post by Willhart »

I've been playing a fair bit of Tales of Maj'Eyal. Starting to get a hang of it, and I like how different the classes are and how many enemies you get to fight towards the end. The Orcs Prides are especially pretty neat with each having a theme, and some of the other ones feel like intimidating challenges to tackle. There are many vaults full of horrors and loot too, that often kill the curious adventurers.
NotVeryImportant
I'm not important, don't worry.

Post by NotVeryImportant »

I've been playing to much Runescape (RS3) and I really need my life back. The updates this year have been so neat and I recently got a new 99 in Prayer. Help me...
I can art and sprite. Don't worry about it.
Coryman
The road to nowhere leads to me
First name: Cory

Post by Coryman »

My brother's been suffering with a runescape addiction too, but it's oldschool in his case.

As for me, I've gotten into DKC again. I'm not great at platformers, but I'm in world 5 already, having only farmed up to around 15 lives twice, and not using savestates.
raocow wrote: In a world where shag carpeting wins a fight against a helicopter, we spend a lot of time reading and comparing numbers.
Jarogue

Post by Jarogue »

Decide to play Super Mario World and Super Mario Bros 2 GBA ports. Forgotten how much fun they were. Also playing Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2 for GBA.
AmeijinMayo
Ready to go, count zero!

Post by AmeijinMayo »

Outside of what I've been doing playthroughs for, Super Robot Wars A and a lot of Persona 5. I gotta say, that game is hitting all the right notes for me and has a pretty good chance of being my favorite Persona game from the rest. I think that title was originally held by P3 FES.
Streaming: Super Robot Wars Z, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild and Koi-Koi Wars
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt

Post by Slimeman01 »

Afterbirth+ Status:

Gotten all completion marks on hard + all items with Isaac and Maggie, now attempting to do Cain. For me, Cain is kinda a pain in the butt, and I don't know why. I just seem to get hit more with him.
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I beat Megaman ZX Advent, a megaman game with cringey voice acting and a final boss you can cheese easily with a sword. :P

Also Memories of a Vagabond happened, which was a sorta meh RPG on Steam, which only took like 3 hours total to complete.

So after all that I decided enough random games, it was about time I beat the last 2D final fantasy.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

I decided to finally beat Blaster Master Zero because I knew I was near the end.
The

Area 8 boss

was nice and challenging enough for me to actually use items.
The final area was super neat, and the

Sophia Zero

was pretty amazing.
And the final battle was pretty epic, and I actually died a few times.
And apparently there's an extra mode. I wonder if there are multiple or just Unlimited Mode, which is really just New Game+.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Finally sat my backside down and recorded most of the remaining stages I had left to do in Super Mario Land 2. At the front gate now. Gave the level a test run. I think I can get a good go in. It's only a three-minute stage, and my mistakes were from testing. Well, we'll see. It's definitely the hardest level in the game.

And Persona 4 is right at August now after beating another dungeon. Did I solve the mystery at the halfway point of the game?! Yeah, I don't think so. Time to catch up on some Social Link stuff now during the downtime.
Slimeman01

Post by Slimeman01 »

Well I finally got my switch, and currently the only game I own is 1-2 Switch!, and it's a pretty cool game!
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
BurntTenda
defeat four ducks

Post by BurntTenda »

I beat Kingdom Hearts: Re:Chain of Memories!
The final boss was kinda disappointingly easy...

I'm not sure if I have motivation to continue KH2, though.
I kinda just wanna go straight to Persona 5.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

My word. FF6, you're amazing. Major spoilers for the game ahoy!
So let's start with the big bad, Kefka the butt. Starts off as what appears to be a nut, you slowly start to see how crazy he can be, via poisoning and doing whatever he can do get more power, even completely throwing the world out of balance to get what he wants.
He never truly understands the point of why people try to survive without power, and stays that way til the end.
Speaking of which, the final battle was pretty neat.

The overall setting really sets a drastic change of tone once the world gets thrown out of balance. You go from a nice pure world full of life to a desolate wasteland full of poisoned animals that die on their own, plants hardly surviving and a huge change in the landscape.

The cast varies, both in personality and in usefulness. Most of the cast near the end sorta... was hard to use cause they'd die easy, but I did have a core set of 6 or so characters that held out pretty well, so that was nice. Plus there were some adorb chars mixed in, looking at you, Gau, Relm and Mog. Relm ended up being my overall favorite character.

The music was great, possibly the best of the series that I've played.

There were only a few bleh moments for me. The taking care of grandpa cid right after the time skip, the dungeon of "every monster has reflect" and the dungeon of "hey look at us everyone who fights here can only use magic". Bleh.
We have a new number one in my rankings.
6,X,5,2,1,3,4.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

InsaneIntentions1
Skeleton
First name: Newsome

Post by InsaneIntentions1 »

I suppose I'm about to start the remake of a boy and his blob
That crazy voice dude
Slimeman01

Post by Slimeman01 »

I started playing The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, and holy crap, this game is massive. Just got the paraglider too.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Rescued who I believe is the final party member in Persona 4 now. Getting closer to moving on to the latter stages of the game now.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

So in the week since finishing FF6, I've been playing the last remnant. It's a more recent game by square enix that came up through the fortune cookie and I've had for quite a while on steam, although I can't recall when I got it. (Maybe a humble bundle)

It's been pretty fun so far, I learned quite a bit about what not to do so when I finish (and I believe I have reached the final boss) I can replay the game with a better idea of how to improve my playstyle. Game looks like FF12 when wandering around but battles are unique in that you control units of up to five dudes and it's reminiscent of army fights.

Main character dude is a bit doofy but it's an all around enjoyable game with a pretty good setting and lotsa quests and things to find. It's annoying that some quests are missable, but hey, that's just how things are.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing: