(shouting)

Nintendo Switch presentation

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Re: Nintendo Switch presentation

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Sebby19 wrote:Its only online play that has to be paid for, not online everything, right?
Yeah, online play, voice chat, monthly freebies, etc.
eShop and social media such stuff is free.
http://www.nintendo.com/switch/online-service/
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Thanks, I found that on my own a bit later.

Has anyone seen the Parental Controls video they have for the Switch. It's actually well-produced, good, and pretty funny. An official examination of Bowser as a single-dad.
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
BobisOnlyBob
Mythical Quadruped

Post by BobisOnlyBob »

Sebby19 wrote:Thanks, I found that on my own a bit later.

Has anyone seen the Parental Controls video they have for the Switch. It's actually well-produced, good, and pretty funny. An official examination of Bowser as a single-dad.
You suck at linking things sebby

Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

Do I haaaaave to?
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

The one thing that bummed me out is that Miiverse will be going away. That was one of Nintendo's better things from last gen. I guess they're throwing out the baby with the bathwater with how that 7th gen went for them. Makes sense, but I do hope they have a suitable replacement in mind for that. Sony's ability to share gameplay and screenshots has been neato.
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Slimeman01 »

I'm gonna hope that their online pay thing will be like PokeBank- a cheap, yearly amount you have to pay. Even if it isn't, I'll still do it. I can finally experience playing Splatoon and Mario Kart 8, as I never had a WiiU to play those on.

As for the Parental Controls, I think it's really neat tbh.
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!
ztarwuff
What the heck is a flair and why am I being asked to write one for my profile?

Post by ztarwuff »

Slimeman01 wrote:I'm gonna hope that their online pay thing will be like PokeBank- a cheap, yearly amount you have to pay. Even if it isn't, I'll still do it. I can finally experience playing Splatoon and Mario Kart 8, as I never had a WiiU to play those on.

As for the Parental Controls, I think it's really neat tbh.
If my Uncle could install something similar on my nephew's phone, he'd do it in a heartbeat. Sometimes, you just have to go sleep mode.
SAJewers
ASMBXT Level Wrangler/A2XT Project Coordinator /AAT Level Designer

Post by SAJewers »

Go give that a watch, very informative look at the presentation.
Bean wrote:Other title announcements are coming in. Sonic Mania, Wonder Boy: The Dragon's Trap, Super Bomberman R (although I think that was in the presentation), Puyo Puyo Tetris, and Ultra Street Fighter II are ones that are also heading to Nintendo's new system.
Monster Boy is also hitting switch FYI.
ImageImageImageImageImage | Image | Image
Sharenite | RetroAchievements | NameMC | IGDB
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

That presentation was pretty bad. If the translator were at least monotone, one could at least enjoy it from a pseudo deadpan perspective, but that wasn't even given. The world's most boring translator aside, a lot of it didn't have a feeling of excitement to it.

Luckily presentation != product and quite a bit of the stuff they showed was neat and surprising. I'm interested in Arms, but do feel the controls will be wonky. Mario has always felt like some weird acid trip and Odyssey looks to be taking that to 11. I'm all in and will be getting that day one. Visually it looks inconsistent, but I'm all for it considering how fun it looks. Super Mario 06 will be neat. Zelda... (Duh!) (Oh god, please don't suck.) 1, 2, Switch should be a bundled game and looks like it'll turn into a drinking game. Paid online... we'll see.

Note that I think the Switch will be good and that my lack of enthusiasm for the presentation the other day doesn't sour my interest. I've got the stupid thing preordered locally. When it comes to Final Fantasy and Zelda (Nintendo by extension) I'm a fanboi. Nintendo could hand me a bag of shit and I'd still probably buy it.
Lunatic Quark wrote:well dangit, what am I supposed to do when the switch has both a deal breaker and deal makers for me?
The clear and obvious route is creating a time machine so you can go into the future to grab the future cloning technology to bring back here. You'll then clone yourself. One version of you will get the Switch and the other won't. Both your current real self and cloned self will convene in one year from the exact moment you read this to see which path was the better of the two. Also, please provide notes so others can learn from your experiment.
warpio

Post by warpio »

You know what this system really needs in its launch lineup? A Warioware title... I feel like 1 2 Switch is trying to be the definitive "gimmick" title that showcases all of the unique joycon features, but I just don't see that game taking off at all. I think the Warioware developers could do a much better job at making some really cool/weird minigames involving the HD rumble and all that stuff.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

I didn't read this thread but I preordered Breath of the Wild for Switch even though I haven't preordered a Switch cause I was too late (and wasn't really trying that hard).

I put myself on the email waitlist thing on Amazon in case they ever add more preorders, which I'm not sure if that's a thing they do? I don't know, hopefully I can get one near launch cause I don't want to have a game and no console.
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

ZephyrBurst wrote: The clear and obvious route is creating a time machine so you can go into the future to grab the future cloning technology to bring back here. You'll then clone yourself. One version of you will get the Switch and the other won't. Both your current real self and cloned self will convene in one year from the exact moment you read this to see which path was the better of the two. Also, please provide notes so others can learn from your experiment.
That's a pretty good idea! Unfortunately my time machine broke rather violently, so instead I'll have to buy it and just pretend it doesn't exist half the time.
ZephyrBurst
A Bird Cat
Pronouns: He

Post by ZephyrBurst »

Ashan wrote:I didn't read this thread but I preordered Breath of the Wild for Switch even though I haven't preordered a Switch cause I was too late (and wasn't really trying that hard).

I put myself on the email waitlist thing on Amazon in case they ever add more preorders, which I'm not sure if that's a thing they do? I don't know, hopefully I can get one near launch cause I don't want to have a game and no console.
Try local retail stores. Online pre-orders look to be all taken up. Gamestop, Walmart, and Best Buy should all have them. Target might as well.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Even now you think they'd still have preorders available?
Might give a call at some point to see if any are available.
Schmiggety
Special Edition
First name: First name: First name:

Post by Schmiggety »

Yeah try a local store. Online stores always sell out super fast, but you can get a preorder from a local store for a good while. That's what happened with the last fire emblem. It sold out online everywhere day 1, so I went to gamestop a couple days after and they were still doing preorders.
Wah
RegiGiygas
listening to oingo boingo
First name: uriah
Pronouns: he/him

Post by RegiGiygas »

warpio wrote:Warioware
YO! I totally agree. I really enjoyed Game and Wario for the Wii U, and if we got a rad Warioware game at release, the Switch will be worth getting for me.
can't forget this guy
Waaa.
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

RegiGiygas wrote:
warpio wrote:Warioware
YO! I totally agree. I really enjoyed Game and Wario for the Wii U, and if we got a rad Warioware game at release, the Switch will be worth getting for me.
i completely forgot about game & wario wow
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

So after sitting on it further, I decided against getting the Switch version of Breath of the Wild and having to buy an entire console for it. I'm just gonna get the Wii U version since they're practically exactly the same (I can't imagine performance will be much better on Switch) and later on when some more titles are out that I want, then I'll get a Switch.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Ashan wrote:So after sitting on it further, I decided against getting the Switch version of Breath of the Wild and having to buy an entire console for it. I'm just gonna get the Wii U version since they're practically exactly the same (I can't imagine performance will be much better on Switch) and later on when some more titles are out that I want, then I'll get a Switch.
yes I also thought this would be the correct play
Whimsical Calamari
i am the one that sings the chorus when you hum in the shower

Post by Whimsical Calamari »

i'm not even all that interested in BotW to be honest
just gonna wait for the potential price drops and bigger library, like i did with my Wii U (as small as its library is, i still have a few things on my wishlist for that thing)
ImageImage Image ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Whimsical Calamari wrote:i'm not even all that interested in BotW to be honest
w-what
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Mata Hari wrote:
w-what
¿¡!?
RegiGiygas
listening to oingo boingo
First name: uriah
Pronouns: he/him

Post by RegiGiygas »

I second this
can't forget this guy
Waaa.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Most excited I've been for a 3D Zelda in a good long while. Probably Wind Waker since I liked the look. The Mario Odyssey game looks neat, too, although I've always preferred the more linear 3D Marios to the 64 and Sunshine style.
Slimeman01
Minecraft Lore Creationist
First name: Matt
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Slimeman01 »

I've never really gotten into the Zelda franchise. I get lost in a game, I quit. Hopefully BoTW will be what gets me into Zelda, cause that game looks really freaking cool!
:iris: :demo:
raocow wrote:To answer your question Slimeman yes that is super fine
raocow wrote:alright guys what are the weirdest levels of world 4 ?! Make sure to pay attention to tomorrow's video as this may alter your answer!!