(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Picochilla
The eternal Cuddles

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Picochilla »

Looks shitty =)
100% Approved!
Patooties are Talkhaus' best thing!
So... I just put in my Youtube-Channel
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

I went and unlocked hard mode and beat the first three bosses on Terraria with one of my friends today. Our first encounter with the wall of flesh was hilarious. After like 3-4 near misses when killing voodoo demons over lava we finally purposefully summoned it only for my mom to walk into my room to talk to me a few seconds before my friend tossed the doll into the lava. I didn't have time to tell him to wait and thus was totally unprepared for the fight and died within seconds, shortly followed by him being distracted by my message and me dying and following me. We destroyed it twice in a row after that though without issue. Then a third time later on by having a voodoo demon finally die over lava and successfully drop the doll into the lava.

The hard mode bosses were fun. I grabbed an ammo box from one of my other characters (gives guns a 20% chance to not consume ammo for 10 minutes) and we defeated the destroyer with my using a very fast shotgun. That allowed me to upgrade my minishark to a megashark which we subsequently used to destroy the destroyer again followed by both skeletron prime and the twins in one night. Between my ammo's 30% chance to not consume ammo and the 20% chance from the ammo box I used a grand total of ~1000 rounds of ammo. If I didn't have those buffs it would have been closer to 4-6000. This is my first time focusing on ranged weaponry by the way.

Normally I'm a flail wielder but we were getting our asses handed to us by the hard mode bosses because if they aggroed my friend I couldn't keep up with them somehow despite having frostspark boots, a magic carpet (replaced by some wings near the end of all this), and a bundle of balloons. If they aggroed me I could usually keep up with them (sometimes they got REALLY freaking fast for some reason) but I couldn't tank all the damage and would die fairly quickly. Next up is plantera and the golem. I've never beaten plantera because it's basically impossible on singleplayer. The golem I've beaten several times however.
Window Squeegee
Hog with a Blog
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Window Squeegee »

I've been playing Isaac Rebirth. I have 98% of the achievements. And yet somehow, I just NOW remembered to unlock the Cellar. The alternate BEGINNING floor.
Kuupa
That's me on the beat, btw [:
First name: Alex
Pronouns: the male ones

Post by Kuupa »

Picked Alpha Sapphire back up. Just got Kyogre. At this point in the game, its just kinda going through the motions, because my my team is inexplicably (read: broken-ass exp. share) 10 levels above everything. Soaring around with Latias is pretty awesome and fun. Also in the middle of writing this I just found...Mesprit? Well okay game.
So here we are. Plays have been enacted. Empires have come and gone. The mightiest have passed away and withered, alike the least. Fires have burned, thousandfold. Yet, did not the great wind serenely continue its course? Does not the blackbird still sing its song? Does not the mistletoe still dwell in the oak's crown? Forgotten, what once has been told. Veiled, the words that once so rang out. Shrouded, like the larva in its cocoon. Let him hear it, who will.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Beat the second boss in Bloodborne today.
It's fun so far, but I really think I'd be enjoying it like a million times more if it was on PC. I hate using a PS4 for one game, so I feel like I'm really not motivated to play it. Going and booting up a console to play a game feels like such a chore, I don't know!
Plus the load times and framerate are unbearable at times.

I warped from the hub of the game today, and I realized right as I confirmed that I forgot to do one tiny thing before leaving (spending the last of my blood echoes to get a few epipens or whatever they are (healing items)), so I had to sit through the like 30 second load screen, then warp back to the hub, another 30 seconds, buy the items I wanted, and then warp again to where I wanted to go, another 30 seconds.
It happens too frequently!
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Ivy wrote:This is exactly why I have an R4.
What is this?
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

i just grinded everyone's levels to 55

i think i'm ready (maybe)
pholtos wrote:
Ivy wrote:This is exactly why I have an R4.
What is this?
DS flashcart
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*
Kuupa

Post by Kuupa »

My friend and I are having our first Civ V experience with our friend who has played it before. Hilarity is ensuing.
So here we are. Plays have been enacted. Empires have come and gone. The mightiest have passed away and withered, alike the least. Fires have burned, thousandfold. Yet, did not the great wind serenely continue its course? Does not the blackbird still sing its song? Does not the mistletoe still dwell in the oak's crown? Forgotten, what once has been told. Veiled, the words that once so rang out. Shrouded, like the larva in its cocoon. Let him hear it, who will.
Window Squeegee
Hog with a Blog

Post by Window Squeegee »

Just got a REAL lucky run in Isaac involving Blank Card, Jera, and the Monster Manuel. That leaves only collecting a few more items before becomming the haus' next Platinum God. From my knowledge, I need:
•1-up
•Raw Liver
•Transcendence
•A Bandage
•Dead Dove

and Godhead

strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

I've been playing Freedom Planet, since I got that in a bundle. It's fun, but the cutscenes are pretty long. Apart from that I've been working through my steam backlog. Tiny Barbarian's pretty good, and since I can run it mostly well now, Viscera Cleanup Detail is something I'm getting into.

I was also enjoying Wings of Vi, until my save got corrupted and entirely killed my drive for that game.
Alice

Post by Alice »

Wow, some of the hardmode equipment in Terraria is kinda absurd. I'm wearing the beetle armor that makes enemies aggro you more often and I'm wielding the scourge of the corruptor and a paladin's hammer. Before quitting tonight my friend and I decided to take on all three hard mode bosses at once. I simply stood still and attacked constantly with my scourge. During the entire fight I needed to use only a single health potion. Hopefully this means we're better prepared for fishron tomorrow because he kinda kicked our asses when we attempted to fight him earlier. My most powerful weapons at the time were doing 10 damage per hit when he has 30,000hp.
strongbadman

Post by strongbadman »

Alice wrote:Wow, some of the hardmode equipment in Terraria is kinda absurd. I'm wearing the beetle armor that makes enemies aggro you more often and I'm wielding the scourge of the corruptor and a paladin's hammer. Before quitting tonight my friend and I decided to take on all three hard mode bosses at once. I simply stood still and attacked constantly with my scourge. During the entire fight I needed to use only a single health potion. Hopefully this means we're better prepared for fishron tomorrow because he kinda kicked our asses when we attempted to fight him earlier. My most powerful weapons at the time were doing 10 damage per hit when he has 30,000hp.

Good luck. I've seen Fishron, and he looks way more intense than the hardest hard mode bosses.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

finished FF3, woo~

excellent game

just wish it was better balanced (some jobs are downright worthless) and less grindy
Image Image
Lukaz2009
Hunting monsters while ignoring my mayoral duties.
First name: Lucas

Post by Lukaz2009 »

I really need to take a break from MH4U. Because the game is doing everything in it's power to prevent me from making progress. Trying to get some Brach Hammers from the Brachydios, which can only be obtained by breaking its arms. The part I'm looking for "supposedly" has a 59% chance of being in the Wound/Cap section of the quest rewards when you break it's arm, which means it the most common part to get from breaking its arm. But the game didn't give me one ten times in a row.

As soon as I saw that on the tenth time it was a Brach Ebonshell, which is the least likely part to appear when breaking it's arm, instead of a Brach Hammer, I completely lost it. Not so much that I snapped my N3DS in half (Although I really felt like doing it at the time, but was able to restrain myself from doing it), but enough to make me want to tear down the entire house.

Monster Hunter: Where the Desire Sensor will bend you over, make you it's bitch, AND dash all of your hopes and dreams. All at the same time! I think I'll add that quote to my signature now. And as of finishing this post, I feel I'm up for another bash at getting those hammers.
Don't open the spoiler, or the Picklesaurus Rex will eat everyone!
You had to open it didn't you... Now the entire Talkhaus is doomed.
Lukaz2009 wrote:Monster Hunter: Where the Desire Sensor will bend you over, make you it's bitch, AND dash all of your hopes and dreams. All at the same time!
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

So I'm finally back to making progress on Persona Q.

Maaaan, Boss 3 was almost as pathetically easy as Boss 2. I'm still underleved as heck, but

you can just poison him and his minions and turtle like hell.

GAME! PLEASE STOP

MAKING BOSSES SUSCEPTIBLE TO STATUS AILMENTS!

IT MAKES IT TOO EASY!
THANK YOU!
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Since progress on Timesplitters 2 is going slow, I'm back to playing Mario vs. DK: Tipping Stars and will start up the first GBA Starfy game soon even though I don't know a bit of Japanese.
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Started Secret of Mana

Beat Tropicallo, got Purim (the girl) and Popoi (the sprite)
Image Image
Alice

Post by Alice »

strongbadman wrote:Good luck. I've seen Fishron, and he looks way more intense than the hardest hard mode bosses.
Considering fishron killed us in seconds when I was still in hallowed armor think you'd be right. We could easily beat everyone but plantera and even had surprisingly little trouble with plantera as well. With my beetle armor though we were able to take on all three mechanical bosses at once with me not even attempting to dodge anything (this ended up with both skeletron prime spin attacking on top of me and spazmatism flamethrowering on me non-stop on multiple occasions) and I only needed one health potion. With dodging I would have fared even better. We may also have our other friend playing with us today since he finally got around to transferring his saves from his old computer to his new one which will help a lot even if he underpowers himself to only use equipment from the correct tier. (His character is at endgame levels.)

It turns out none of us have ever fought fishron before though so we'll see how it goes. I actually have a lot of stuff to experience still. I have yet to do a legitimate run of the pumpkin moon event since I've never gotten that far myself and I also have never had a pirate invasion, solar eclipse, frost legion, or frost moon.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

I somehow put 600 hours into Terraria a few months back. Now I haven't played it at all since then. Looks like there's some new stuff.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

You know how I was saying I hate minigames?

I do. Fuck 'em.

I'll play them if they give masks but most of them don't so I don't care.
Mata Hari
https://matahari.talkhaus.com/

Post by Mata Hari »

Also what is the point of sidequests you can't possibly complete without a guide

I know the 3DS version notes a lot more stuff for you but come on.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Up to 6 badges in reborn. Gotta say, I still haven't had as tough a fight as I had against that bug gym leader still. Although this latest gym came close to causing me some issues.

At this point my team is fairly set I'd say.
Clefairy (Clebuffle) - Level 45, will evolve once I get the moon blast attack thing - Cosmic Power, Stored Power, Minimize, Magical Leaf
Scrafty (Pants McGee) - Level 47 - Brick Break, High Jump Kick, Crunch, Strength
Meowstic (adoracat) - Level 45 - Charge Beam, Psychic, Signal Beam, Shadow Ball
Flygon (Bran Quakes) - Level 46 - Dragon Claw, Rock Slide, Earthquake, Crunch
Empoleon (Trident Gum) - Level 48 - Brine, Aqua Jet, Rock Smash/Cut, Metal Claw
Emolga (Kappa b) - Level 48 - Electro Ball, Volt Switch, Nuzzle, Acrobatics
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Alice

Post by Alice »

strongbadman wrote:Good luck. I've seen Fishron, and he looks way more intense than the hardest hard mode bosses.
Yeah, he's definitely the hardest hard mode boss. We did get to the point where we could reliably beat him though, especially after he dropped his flail for me. That thing is absurdly powerful. We still have a habit of actually dying though. Not a complete wipe but I have a bad habit of dying right before he does (like within 5 seconds every damned time) since I'm wearing aggro armor and thus he targets me constantly. We also had a go at the pumpkin moon and actually got all the way to the last wave on our first try despite me targeting the wrong enemies apparently. I was supposed to be targeting the mourning wood enemies and not the pumpkings which no one informed me about until after the event ended...

Today we're building a proper arena so we can take on the frost moon. Already got a plan, a location, and the materials necessary for it. Just need to construct it now. It's going to be a big floating stone block with two levels of platforms. The bottom will have a pool of honey in the center to heal the melee character (me) and there will be heart lanterns and campfires for both the floor and platforms. To the left and right of the honey pool will be two lihzahrd flamethrower traps and past those will be 50 spiky ball traps on either side then a longish hallway past that to let enemies spawn. I'll also be building a smaller enclosed hallway below all of this that will have just enough lava to damage enemies but not enough to destroy items. Then on top of this whole structure will be a house with a teleporter, bed, piggy bank, safe, and a bunch of chests. Oh and along the ceiling of this structure I intend to stagger heart and star statues tied to multiple timers each. I should be able to tie each one to three timers without issue and if they're high enough above the floor of the arena they'll constantly spawn hearts and stars which will help out a ton. (I'll need to experiment with this last bit though. I'm unsure how effective it will be in the long run.)
KobaBeach

Post by KobaBeach »

Made it to Kakkara in SoM

happy april fools day (this is not an april fools joke though sorry)
Image Image
Kuupa

Post by Kuupa »

Beat the Elite 4 + Champion in Alpha Sapphire. The only Pokemon to give me trouble was Glacia's Glalie, just spammin Freeze-Dry for days. I felt bad, the EXP Share in that game is so broken, I was consistently 5 levels above everything despite never really grinding any of my team. But I guess it doesn't really matter, I'm gonna try and make a new team from scratch for the postgame anyway.

Hall of Champions: Edmond (Lv 59 Hariyama), Sephiroth (Lv 61 Absol), Darunia (Lv 62 Camerupt), Baguette (Lv 63 Sceptile), Lv 60 Event Metagross, and Gutsmann (Lv 61 Swellow).