(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Ashan »

A few hours into Metal Gear Rising and just found out there are healing items in the game.
Sturg
Gets his freak on with VGM
First name: sturgyman

Post by Sturg »

Finally got around and finished Pikmin 3. The final boss has some range on his attacks yo, by the end of it I gave up doing my best each day and just wanted to finish the game.
ImageImage
Image ImageImage
RIP FISH NIPPLE BANNER
skyluigi2

Post by skyluigi2 »

I've been playing Brawl again. Like, a lot. I'm trying to get the last sticker to 100% complete the game. No idea if I'll be able to do it before the new Smash Bros. comes out, but... I'm definitely trying!
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

skyluigi2 wrote:I've been playing Brawl again. Like, a lot. I'm trying to get the last sticker to 100% complete the game. No idea if I'll be able to do it before the new Smash Bros. comes out, but... I'm definitely trying!
I love and hate Nintendo/HAL for the stickers.

They provide good bonuses (and are some kind of collectible) but HELL is it anoying to get all of them.

I think I miss about 5 stickers...
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

skyluigi2 wrote:I've been playing Brawl again. Like, a lot. I'm trying to get the last sticker to 100% complete the game. No idea if I'll be able to do it before the new Smash Bros. comes out, but... I'm definitely trying!
Brawl. Image
Screw that, get Project M ya damn casual. Image
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Playing through Shovel Knight again on New Game+ mode. Normally I don't do hard modes, but I enjoyed the game enough to give it a shot. I'm not finding it, by and large, *that* much harder than the normal game. Fewer checkpoints, more damage dealt to you by enemies, and fewer healing items... yet it's not quite as rough as it sounds. You can still heal yourself through fishing in normal, unmarked pits, and there aren't any new enemies or attacks to worry about. You also start with anything you'd found on your main game playthrough, so since I 100%'d that, I don't need to bother with side paths or going out of my way to collect money.

I'm also just about finished with a much easier New Game+ replay of Resident Evil 4. Still trying to decide on the next game to play for real, so I figured I'd just do a quick plow-through using the Chicago Typewriter and Infinite Rocket Launcher. So satisfying. I don't have the Handcannon, though, because I'm afraid I'm just not a bad enough dude to 5-star every Mercenaries stage with every character.
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

So uh I re-played a lot of the Kirby games I own:

Kirby's Dream Land 3
The game is pretty sweet, and I still remember the final boss (zero) being so gory (shooting its own blood, the eye exploding in a lot of blood etc.)
Kirby Squeak Squad /Mouse Attack
One of my favourite Kirby games, lot's of treasure chests to find and the usual Kirby gameplay. Neat.
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Wow, I even finished Helper to Hero with all helpers.
Kirby 64
That's the first time I've seen the bad ending.
TheFinalSentinel

Fluffi-dono wrote:Kirby Mouse Attack
Ahaha, oh Europe; you so silly. Image

But yeah, my first real Kirby game. (I don't consider faffing around with Dream Land and Super Star ay my cousin's when I was like 6 to count.) Really good; Dark Nebula was piss easy though. :/
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Just finished Metal Gear Rising. Best political debate I've ever played.
glitch4

Post by glitch4 »

Currently playing Borderlands 2 , just look how awesome it is. Right now like half done.
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

I've been playing Payday 2 a lot lately and those damn griefers man, I swear. It's such an easy game to grief too: all you have to do is find a mission where everyone's successfully stealthing, make a lot of noise - like throwing one grenade - and then leave. When you're good at the game though, or at least decent, and everyone you're playing with is too, then it's a real blast. I strongly recommend it.
Sorel
In the shadows

Post by Sorel »

Doctor Shemp wrote:I've been playing Payday 2 a lot lately and those damn griefers man, I swear. It's such an easy game to grief too: all you have to do is find a mission where everyone's successfully stealthing, make a lot of noise - like throwing one grenade - and then leave. When you're good at the game though, or at least decent, and everyone you're playing with is too, then it's a real blast. I strongly recommend it.
Have ya found some infamous stuff already?

Only found one material so far (Titanium).

And then I got friends who get the Chuthulu mask like 5 times in a row.

BTW the Big Bank heist is a pure stealth challenge on Deathwish. Took us about 50 minutes but DAMN about 2-3 Million bucks spending cash was worth it.
TheFinalSentinel

Doctor Shemp wrote:I've been playing Payday 2 a lot lately and those damn griefers man, I swear. It's such an easy game to grief too: all you have to do is find a mission where everyone's successfully stealthing, make a lot of noise - like throwing one grenade - and then leave. When you're good at the game though, or at least decent, and everyone you're playing with is too, then it's a real blast. I strongly recommend it.
I know that feel, but none of my friends play it. So... :/
Doctor Shemp
Banned

Post by Doctor Shemp »

Fluffi-dono wrote:Have ya found some infamous stuff already?

Only found one material so far (Titanium).

And then I got friends who get the Chuthulu mask like 5 times in a row.

BTW the Big Bank heist is a pure stealth challenge on Deathwish. Took us about 50 minutes but DAMN about 2-3 Million bucks spending cash was worth it.
I think I found an infamous material. Can't remember what it was. I'm not really into custom masks anyway, particularly since I only ever get dodgy-looking colours.

I've never found anyone who wants to do Big Bank stealth, so no. Everyone here plays it loud, which means Death Wish is out of the question.

As for what I have done successfully on Death Wish, here's the list: Bank Heist (Cash & Deposit), Diamond Store, Four Stores, Jewelry Store, Mallcrasher, Nightclub & Shadow Raid. Mallcrasher was the biggest fluke ever with three of us ending the game in custody and the last guy collapsing into the escape zone. Shadow Raid I was lucky enough to do with three guys who really, really knew the game. The rest are all fairly easy when you know what you're doing, especially Four Stores, even though you can't just rush the ATMs and go on Death Wish since there's no ATMs there.
Sorel
In the shadows

What games are you playing?

Post by Sorel »

Only missions Im missing for Deathwish are:

Firestarter, Rats (you actually do have to cook at least 3 bags of Meth or else the whole map explodes) Watchdogs, All Transport missions since they are even harder than all of Hectors missions combined.
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Over the past days I've been working on a 100% run of twilight princess (no way am I doing that cave of ordeals a second time just to say I've done it.) I'm all the way up to the twilight palace, with all poe's, all golden bugs, all items collected (I even got all the fish caught and lures...). All that remains are the 2 pieces of heart in this place and then the final dungeon.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V
Dealer of the Pokermon Discord Tourneys.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

I do LPs, check them out if you'd like.

Currently playing:

The 500 char limit is evil. :P
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

I forgot about the cave of ordeals.
It's been a while since I did it, but if I recall correctly, I kinda just stocked up on fairies before going in and it didn't give me too much of an issue after that. I should play TP again sometime. That was a good game.

Also I started another run in Dark Souls. I chose Deprived as my class this time, just to maybe challenge myself at the beginning of the game, but so far I've been too lazy to actually get any armor, so I've beaten up to Quelaag with no armor. I'll have to get some at some point, particularly for Nito and 4 Kings cause my general strategy for them is "tank damage and attack nonstop" which tends to work usually.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I haven't played Other M since the day I talked about it. That will probably change this weekend. In the meantime, I got to play Steel Diver of all things when I was out. I can see why the developers were pushing this to be a $10 game because there doesn't appear to be a lot of meat on this one. It's the Yoshi Touch & Go for the 3DS.
Icelink256

Post by Icelink256 »

pholtos wrote:Over the past days I've been working on a 100% run of twilight princess (no way am I doing that cave of ordeals a second time just to say I've done it.) I'm all the way up to the twilight palace, with all poe's, all golden bugs, all items collected (I even got all the fish caught and lures...). All that remains are the 2 pieces of heart in this place and then the final dungeon.
The Cave of Ordeals isn't too much of a problem. Just use your Gale Boomerang on the torches, and the doors'll pop open right on their own, regardless of the enemies. :V

EDIT: Oh... right. I've been playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf for the first time in almost a year.
I've been away from my PC, so it's been my comfort while being in and out of the hospital.
(Nothing serious. Just been sick.)
:catplanet: :catplanet2: :catplanet: :catplanet2: :catplanet: :catplanet2: :catplanet: :catplanet2: :catplanet: :catplanet2:
pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

I finished up my 100% run of twilight princess and it was pretty great except mr. final boss can't be bothered to fight me man to man til the fourth phase of the final fight, upon which point I make a mockery of him using the wonders of fishing.
Icelink256 wrote:The Cave of Ordeals isn't too much of a problem. Just use your Gale Boomerang on the torches, and the doors'll pop open right on their own, regardless of the enemies. :V
Wat.

I'm thinking of working on my next gauntlet game next... maybe.
Host and Organizer of the Rando Pokemon Tournaments. Completed: I, II, III, IV, V

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

pholtos
Loves adorable things.

Post by pholtos »

Well I uhh... played antichamber last night... and completed it.

Gotta say it's been a while since a game drew me in so much that I completely lost track of time. I'd say it's probably one of the best games I've played in a while.

ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImage

Currently playing:

metasomnia?
butts

Post by metasomnia? »

I started playing Mega Man 2 and Super Mario Bros a while ago, because I've never beaten either.

Every now and then I'll play a little of both, but most of my time has been spent on Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

pholtos wrote:Well I uhh... played antichamber last night... and completed it.

Gotta say it's been a while since a game drew me in so much that I completely lost track of time. I'd say it's probably one of the best games I've played in a while.
That game was a ton of fun. Though some of the puzzles are surprisingly hard, especially since the game does a fairly bad job teaching you how to use the alt-fire for the different levels of whatever you call the gun thing.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Steel Diver's interesting enough. You have three subs that control a bit differently both in speed and armaments while trying to either reach the goal or beat a boss at the end. It's not as lacking as I thought it was originally. Kind of a surprise to me, really, as I went in thinking it would be pretty bad or boring. It's okay!
S.N.N.

Post by S.N.N. »

I started playing Persona 4 on Friday night, and I've already clocked close to 30 hours on it. I've heard rave reviews about it across the board, but I never thought it would be a game I'd be hugely interested in. I'm on the "video game" dungeon right now, so I guess I'm about halfway or so.

Tons of fun!