(shouting)

What games are you playing?

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!
Plutia
Plutia too cute

Re: What games are you playing?

Post by Plutia »

A bunch of games right now..
Shin Megami Tensei IV - currently stumbling around in Tokyo.
Copy Kitty - new version hype!
Diablo 3: Reaper of Souls - Just started doing things in Torment II!
Animal crossing: New Leaf - Starting to get back into it, mainly due to irl friends!

And of course, a ton of super metroid romhacks.
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

I finally started Shinobi on the 3DS. Game is pretty fun since I'm into those old-school platformers, but this one has that 3D in 2D thing going for it that I like from the newer generation of platformers, too.
Ashan
The world has become a place
https://ashan.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ashan »

Just finished Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. I guess I'll grab a copy of Uncharted 3 at work tomorrow if we have one in, which I think we do unless it sold.

I'm basically filling time until Dark Souls 2 comes out.
Uncle Sam

Post by Uncle Sam »

Pokemon Glazed version currently; just beat a run through of FireRed

And I'm always playing TF2 to that extent
Leet
Well, hello, Smith ( ´-`)ノ
First name: Chie Arale
Pronouns: she/her
https://leet.talkhaus.com/

Post by Leet »

is the old library found in the ancient monastery up far away into the north's part with the plants even possible without a lot of luck and/or hammer suits
Well it is a decent hack but sometime its just too repetitif there no level that actually pop in your face and your like oh yeah that level they all ressemble themselves and just monster along the way.
Blood Ghoul wrote:Sometimes it seems my blood spurts out in gobs, as if it were a fountain's pulsing sobs. I clearly hear it mutter as it goes yet cannot find the wound from which it flows. Before I met you, baby, I didn't know what I was missing.
Ishntknew

Post by Ishntknew »

Inspired by Bravely Default (which I'm currently on chapter 5 of) I am on a JRPG kick-- actually, to be more specific, just an outright Final Fantasy kick.

So I played through the original Final Fantasy. Twice. The NES version, which I have beaten before, and the Origins (PSX) version, which was new to me. I don't care if it's old and widely considered "archaic", I love this game.

Now I've moved on to Final Fantasy II, and... Mystic Quest. These are games I've never beaten before. The former is far more fun than people give it credit for, and the latter... well, I have a friend to help me through it, so there's that at least.

I expect this to last for another month or two, until I either finish all the games I want to play, or I get burnt out on RPGs and maybe video games in general for a while.
I'm a lizard's nightmare

Backloggery:
daypular
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

I think I'll Foot Dive and Sentinel Force some super heros again.

Which means I play Marvel vs Capcom 2.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

Ishntknew wrote:Now I've moved on to Final Fantasy II, and... Mystic Quest. These are games I've never beaten before. The former is far more fun than people give it credit for, and the latter... well, I have a friend to help me through it, so there's that at least.
The remake of II on the GBA and Mystic Quest are my personal favorites. The leveling system on II is fun to exploit.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by Sorel »

Alice wrote:
Ishntknew wrote:Now I've moved on to Final Fantasy II, and... Mystic Quest. These are games I've never beaten before. The former is far more fun than people give it credit for, and the latter... well, I have a friend to help me through it, so there's that at least.
The remake of II on the GBA and Mystic Quest are my personal favorites. The leveling system on II is fun to exploit.
Ye, I got 9999 HP after one day of attacking my own teammates. Good times.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Alice

Post by Alice »

FluffiMasta wrote:Ye, I got 9999 HP after one day of attacking my own teammates. Good times.
What I do is buy everyone double shields and an attack spell then get Minwu and put everyone but Minwu in the back row. There's a place over to the left of (I think) the second city you can go to where you'll face rank 5 monsters. Have Minwu cast blink on himself (the monsters won't target the front back row) and then have everyone attack each other constantly. You'll level up your evasion to absurd amounts that way. Highest I've gotten it to is 5 or 6-99% evade. I've never had anything hit me at an evade level of 3-99% or higher. (Though I've never made it to the endgame before losing interest on a file I've done that on.) Using this strategy you can get to Mysidia really easily very early in the game and the rank 5 monsters provide enough money to buy everyone the thief's ring or whatever the evade accessory is that's sold in Mysidia. The only thing this strategy isn't good for is HP because it seems HP levels very slowly if you're not taking hits.
Last edited by Alice 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Grabbed a copy of Uncharted 3 at work yesterday and got through a decent chunk of it last night and today.
I also got Infamous and Infamous 2, and borrowed The Last of Us from a coworker. So yeah, I got a few games to get through now.
LatexHydra

Post by LatexHydra »

I've been playing Castlevania SOTN. Really awesome game. However, It does start to get boring at the inverted castle.
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

Games I'm Currently playing:
Mario Kart 7 (in anticipation for Mario Kart 8)
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds

Games I haven't finished, but still really like and plan to come back to eventually:
Rayman Legends
Shin Megami Tensei 4
Etrian Oddysey Untold
Kid Icarus Uprising
Dust: An Elysian Tale
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD (never played the original)
Ys Origin
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Yeah, I'm bad at finishing games...

I'm Also strongly considering getting Bravely Default since I played a bit of the demo and really enjoyed it. There's something about old-school RPGs that's really appealing to me.

Edit: also, add Banjo Kazooie to the second list. Is it wierd that I beat Tooie, but never beat the original?
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Now that I'm getting better at parrying in Shinobi, I'm making some decent progress. I'm enjoying this game outside of those enemies that come flying in out of nowhere while you're in mid-jump. I'm expecting that to become more of an issue as the game goes on. Reflex dodging, yo.
Alice

Post by Alice »

LunaticQuark wrote:Games I haven't finished, but still really like and plan to come back to eventually:
Ys Origin
You should definitely go finish that. I rarely even finish a game even once anymore but I finished all the storylines in that game in a row without losing interest.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Finished Uncharted 3.
The game all of a sudden ended, I had no idea I was at the end already. I think it was the hardest game in the series (and not for reasons I particularly enjoyed) but there wasn't even a final boss. Just some silly little brawl that's super easy.

edit: yeah, checked my statistics and it's definitely shorter than Uncharted 2 at the very least. Uncharted 2 took me almost 10 hours of total playtime and Uncharted 3 took my 7 hours 45 minutes. Unless I just got better at the game.

edit 2: check out Yahtzee's review of Uncharted 3, it sums up my thoughts on the series perfectly.
click
swirlybomb
a bomb that is swirly
First name: Swirlus Bomberton

Post by swirlybomb »

Man I FINALLY finished Pokemon X a couple days ago after sitting right outside the Pokemon League for weeks! Thankfully the Elite Four were not much trouble (probably because I did a fair bit of grinding beforehand). With that out of the way, I really want to start the next 3DS game on my list, but I have no idea what it should be!!
-Kid Icarus Uprising
-Fire Emblem: Awakening
-Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
-Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
-Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
-Bravely Default

The trouble is that almost all of them are lengthy RPG/adventure sort of games (I'm assuming Luigi's Mansion is the only 'short/comparatively short' one, but I don't know for sure), and whichever one I choose I'm going to be 'stuck' on for a while due to my general lack of time to play games right now. Somebody make me a recommendation or several!

Also finished world 5 on Mario 3D World and as fun and interesting as everything is, I'm noticing that it seems really hard to actually jump on dudes! Which is kind of strange, given that that's your primary 'thing' in Mario games.
anonymousbl00dlust wrote:All the obstacles in my level can be beaten on the players first attempt without any 'future predicting'.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

You know that feeling you get after playing a game and then you go on to play a game with a similar style but you get mad because the mechanics and controls aren't exactly the same as the last game you played?

That's how I'm feeling with The Last Of Us right now. Suddenly I have to learn to use stealth differently and conserve ammo all while learning a new control scheme and it's weird.
Lunikyuu
I forgot what I was going to put here after MaGL X3

Post by Lunikyuu »

Alice wrote:
LunaticQuark wrote:Games I haven't finished, but still really like and plan to come back to eventually:
Ys Origin
You should definitely go finish that. I rarely even finish a game even once anymore but I finished all the storylines in that game in a row without losing interest.
yeah, that game's really good from what I've played so far, I think the only reason I took a break from it is because I was stupid and died without saving for a really long time and didn't feel like redoing it right then
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

Uncharted 3 felt like the sequel to 1 instead of 2 with how the gameplay mechanics worked. I did not like the shootouts on the cruise ship, whether it was the mini-boss or that ballroom fight. And it went back to having a QTE final boss. I like Naughty Dog and all, but good lord if all the games of theirs I've played don't have the same two flaws. They always have a part in the middle of the game that takes too long (Call it the Sunset Vista effect) and usually have an underwhelming final boss and/or ending. Even in their best games like Uncharted 2, you have that dumb mini-boss in the train and run around in circles against Badguyovich.

Anyway, I'm still doing Shinobi 3DS. I think I'm in an aircraft carrier or something of the sort and the floors are dropping out underneath me a few moments after stepping on them. I'm surprised this game went relatively unnoticed because it's pretty solid so far. Just hoping it doesn't go over the top cheap as I approach the second half now.
Ashan

Post by Ashan »

Bean wrote:I did not like the shootouts on the cruise ship, whether it was the mini-boss or that ballroom fight.
The cruise ship gave me so many issues, particularly where they threw the random giant guy at you and you could pump clip after clip into him and you couldn't tell if it was damaging him, all while they threw more guys at you.
The cruise ship ended up just being stupid in the end any way. You were there to find Sully and it turned out he literally just was never there so that whole few hour long segment was just to look cool, and I mean, I'll give it that: it looked really nice but it just really seems stupid that they'd throw something so useless into the game. They probably could have found a better reason to put you on a ship.
Bean wrote:Even in their best games like Uncharted 2, you have that dumb mini-boss in the train
That stupid thing took me so long to figure out. I thought he was immune to bullets so I kept trying to fight him and kick him off the train and stuff. Turned out you actually have to just keep shooting and eventually you just win.
Bean wrote:run around in circles against Badguyovich.
That fight was kinda silly, but at least it was slightly more challenging than just a QTE like Uncharted 3. The first Uncharted also at least had some build up to the QTE where you're chasing the guy across the ship. With Uncharted 3 you just do some simple platforming and all of a sudden there's a QTE and the game is over. I was legitimately shocked when I got the "charted" trophy in Uncharted 3 cause it felt like the ending just came out of nowhere.

I'll give the game credit for drilling into my skull the button layout on the PS3 controller though. I'm fairly new to Play Station so learning shape buttons was something I had to do.
Cubewano

Post by Cubewano »

I've been playing a lot of Tower of Guns lately, it's a "roguelike FPS" that's a lot of fun for me! Gunplay is a bit repetitive, but it has really tight controls, and the ways you can move is so much fun.
recommended/10
http://buymybook@frauds.wav.avi.biz.co.uk
3DS friendcode: 2079-8183-3599

NOT a part of the Illuminati
Alice

Post by Alice »

LunaticQuark wrote:
Alice wrote:You should definitely go finish that. I rarely even finish a game even once anymore but I finished all the storylines in that game in a row without losing interest.
yeah, that game's really good from what I've played so far, I think the only reason I took a break from it is because I was stupid and died without saving for a really long time and didn't feel like redoing it right then
Ah, I know that feeling. That's what made me nearly stop playing La-Mulana again awhile back. Completed the entire Endless Corridor including the two minibosses and rather than going and saving immediately (even after opening everything up it's still a bit long to get through) I went to the next area hoping to save there instead and fell into an instant death trap that looked like a door.
skyluigi2

Post by skyluigi2 »

I've been playing some Nintendo Pocket Football Club today. As someone who really couldn't care less about watching real-life football (soccer, by the way, not the other football), it's a really fun game. My only concern is whether or not the paid DLC will be worth it or not...
Ishntknew

Post by Ishntknew »

B00tyWarrior wrote:I've been playing Castlevania SOTN. Really awesome game. However, It does start to get boring at the inverted castle.
Total agreement there. While the "fake out final boss" thing was cool, the inverted castle just... fell flat. I admit, if I had come across it as a child, I probably would have been wowed, but I kind of... never managed to get that far as a kid. And as an adult, it's just an exercise in frustration/tedium trying to play the game upside-down. Though I thought the Castlevania II references in the inverted quest were pretty clever.
FluffiMasta wrote: Ye, I got 9999 HP after one day of attacking my own teammates. Good times.
I actually don't much care for "sparring". It's funny and all, and a good way to power up to absurd levels early on, but it takes so long. That, and I tend to avoid grinding unless I absolutely need it. I feel like a good RPG should have you at a reasonable level to deal with the next big thing without taking too many detours from the plot, and so far, this game has managed to do that.
I'm a lizard's nightmare

Backloggery:
daypular