(shouting)

Zelda 2

do you like them video games? what about those there romhacks? well pop on in here and talk about them then! what are you waiting for?!

Zelda 2 is

Fine
60%
The best Zelda
19%
A terrible game
21%

Total votes: 42

Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
Pronouns: he/him/his
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Re: Zelda 2

Post by Ditocoaf »

pholtos wrote:If what you've said is true dito, I suggest you play link to the past and minish cap.
Unless I'm misinterpreting what you mean by gameboy games.... as there's link's awakening, ages, seasons, minish cap.
The only console I ever owned was a Game Boy Advance. (I've just played PC games otherwise, and as a kid used consoles at friends houses to play an occasional other thing.) I thought Minish Cap was a DS game, but double-checking, apparently I'm wrong. Yeah, I just played Awakening and Oracles, missed out on Minish.

You're right, though, I should totally break out an emulator or something and try some of the other games in the same vein as those I'm all nostalgic for.
Last edited by Ditocoaf 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
devil†zukin

Post by devil†zukin »

zelda 2 is all you'll ever need
Bean
Yep.

Post by Bean »

It's an okay game overall, but it really is one of the worst Zelda games made by Nintendo. I don't mind the 2D action-RPG vibe, but it's executed so poorly. I mean, there are a lot of palette swap enemies throughout the game, and it's so easy to get lost in the dungeons that I'm just usually bored when I'm playing it. Even when I powered through it at long last earlier this year, I just felt like I was going through the motions or having to look at a guide because of very obtuse stuff. I'm kind of glad they switched back to the top-down design for A Link to the Past because this style just didn't work.

I almost want to go through Castlevania II just to see how both series' second games just feel off compared to what worked originally. And moreover, there are a lot of handheld Zelda games I need to beat. I think I've only taken down the Oracle ones and A Link Between Worlds so far.
Ivy
Pronouns: any
https://ivy.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ivy »

alex2 wrote:Minish Cap is my favorite zelda game period
Minish Cap is great, yeah.
3DS FC: 2793-0650-7690 | Switch: SW-2766-9108-9399 | Steam: ivysaur1996 (ivy)
Zygl

Post by Zygl »

I tried playing Zelda 2 for about 5 minutes a couple of months ago. My experience was basically:
Me a couple of months ago wrote:Ha! I don't need no stinkin' candle!
It was a pretty fun 5 minutes, though, and eventually I'm going to go back and actually play through the game. No idea when, but eventually.
YelseyKing
Anyone want a banana? :3
First name: Matt

Post by YelseyKing »

Ivy wrote:
alex2 wrote:Minish Cap is my favorite zelda game period
Minish Cap is great, yeah.
Eeeeeeee. Other people who actually liked Minish Cap! A lot of my friends hated it for some reason...
Ayjo and Meya are watching you. Be on your best behavior.

Moists:

The (Talkhaus) Price is Right
On hiatus. It'll return someday.
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

raocow wrote:true fact the gameover screen with ganon laughing scared me as a kid
I literally had a nightmare about it when i was little.

Game is cool though, More zelda games should have let you use magic and not just tools. instead recently they've just removed magic completely or made it zelda's gimmick.
Ditocoaf
Haustone Tournament Finalist
https://ditocoaf.talkhaus.com/

Post by Ditocoaf »

Tenlade wrote:
raocow wrote:true fact the gameover screen with ganon laughing scared me as a kid
I literally had a nightmare about it when i was little.

Game is cool though, More zelda games should have let you use magic and not just tools. instead recently they've just removed magic completely or made it zelda's gimmick.
Well, take the Oracles games, for instance: you've got seeds that you spend to run faster, summon fire, manipulate enemies or teleport, it's basically magic. The only difference is that you're using inventory instead of mana, and that's a consequence of removing all RPG-like stats except health. It might be neat to see a new zelda game with experience and mana and stuff, but it might just not feel like a zelda game anymore.
Clamestarebla
Clamkind Arch-Highlord

Post by Clamestarebla »

Spirit Track is my favorite. Yep, I just said that.
Train harder, run faster, be stronger, better, evolution never over.
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

Clemasterable wrote:Spirit Track is my favorite. Yep, I just said that.
never tried it, phantom hourglass's touchscreen controls turned me away from the ds series.
Alice
Pronouns: Girl person

Post by Alice »

YelseyKing wrote:Eeeeeeee. Other people who actually liked Minish Cap! A lot of my friends hated it for some reason...
I didn't dislike it but I thought it was mediocre to the point where I can barely even remember most of it and though I'm sure I did beat it I honestly can't remember if I ever did. This was less than two years ago too so I should be able to remember.
Tenlade

Post by Tenlade »

I played through all of minish cap and all i can remember is the first boss being a giant (compared to you) chu. Really cant remember the rest of it.

Also everyone talking about the game made me go play zelda 2 again. Man I didn't remember everything hitting so hard without the shield spell on. Also game overs are surprisingly effective shortcuts and god bless the downthrust stab.
Sorel
In the shadows
First name: Alexander

Post by Sorel »

Ditocoaf wrote:I remember playing it as a kid and reaching a point where I just went "ugh what am I supposed to do now, this world is big and I'm tired of getting interrupted by random battles every time I try to explore." Then I played it again several years later and enjoyed it a ton and got pretty far, but never finished because the NES wasn't mine.

But anyway, the best Zelda game is Link's Nap of Metaphors, followed by its prequels Oracle with Tokays and Oracle with Subrosians. The Game Boy games will always be what Zelda is to me.
I'm pretty glad I wasnt the only one who loved the GB games.

On-Topic: Ug, don't remind me of this game. It was literally impossible for me without a guide.
Former active member, yearly lurker now.
Money

Post by Money »

It had some really good ideas behind it, but was marred by classic NES "what the fuck do I do" syndrome. I actually felt it was difficult in a fair way, almost every instance of getting hit being solely due to player ability, and not cheapness. EXCEPT THE ROAD TO THE GREAT PALACE FUCK THAT FUCKING PART AAAAAAAAAAA.
TheFinalSentinel
Low rates,%Percent%signs%, I dunno
First name: £ٌœ'ƒھ‡ح¼円Qف-‹";ôىù♪ïظ§»ھ
https://thefinalsentinel.talkhaus.com/

Post by TheFinalSentinel »

Ok, so has anyone here played the FDS version of this game?
(Hint: DON'T)

Just... the bosses damage sound and the game over screen. My ears have yet to recover.

Also another thing is that...

W A I T

It's pretty funny from an outside perspective, especially the ridiculous kerning applied to it, but playing it...

W A I T

It's still a bit funny if you're feeling delirious, but otherwise just go with the cartridge and skip out on the loading times.
Sebby19

Post by Sebby19 »

But the ocean is animated!
ImageImage
-Banned in Antarctica
Sebby19 wrote:If your life depends on throwing up, switch to the keyboard
Official raocow subscriber # 30,000
KobaBeach
screw it lion time. we are so f***ing back
First name: David (evil)
Pronouns: he/they
https://koba.talkhaus.com/

Post by KobaBeach »

I played this for the first time earlier this year.
I liked it.
Image #1 mega cd enjoyer AND "making fun of"-er Image
MaGL Patch Collection / vg backlog spreadsheet / animu list / mcmangos / steam
Image Image
oogggghhhh games aren't art Fuck You Roger Ebert *kills him with a hamemr*